Chapter 101 Giant Mecha Battle
1.1k 7 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jaegers. Giant robot mechas created to fight against giant monsters called Kaijus. The thing with these guys is that normally, it takes 2 pilots to move a Jeager without any repercussions, to share the load of moving a giant body.

Well, with my insane mental stats, I can just point my middle finger to that rule. Haha.

Oh yeah, giant mecha battle.

*Boom!*

Kai just got a mouthful of my giant fist. Right now we’re in the middle of a fistfight trying to make the other take more damage before they fall themselves. And honestly… I'm at a disadvantage.

While Kai and his rock giant can just recover from any damage I deal to him, I can't. Of course, that doesn’t mean I'm getting destroyed here. My Gypsy Avenger was designed and built by yours truly himself. A moving humanoid lump of rock can't even compare to this finely crafted piece of technological wonder.

But still, even though I can make a hole in his chest in just 3 punches, Kai just takes up more material from the ground through his legs to regenerate the damage.

What’s that? Why don’t I just use [Vector Manipulation] to shred his rock giant to pieces? What is wrong with you? This is a mecha battle. There’s no room for superpowers here. Quirks? Pfft, that was so 5 minutes ago. This is now the time for pummeling things in giant robots.

Hell yeah.

Jarvis- “Sir, damage accumulated has reached 69%.”

Arata- “Nice. Wait, that’s not nice. Well, it is, but… ARGH! Nevermind.”

Jarvis- “Would you like to activate the automated repair function?”

Arata- “No, I've got this.”

Jarvis- “… Understood…”

Jarvis sounds like he’s judging me, but that must be my imagination. Anyway, should I bring out some of my toys now?

I've been continuously throwing one punch after the other with occasional kicks and headbutts, making use of my [Unarmed Combat] skill. But my Gypsy Avenger wouldn’t be called a technological wonder if all it could do was throw hands.

I get hit again and pretend to stumble back a bit, making some distance. Taking this chance, I lift my right arm, open my hand and reveal my palm.

*VROOOOOOOM!!!*

A deep charging sound echoes from my palm as the railgun cannon hidden in my forearm running to my palm readies its shot.

*VIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM!*

A whiteish orange beam fires out from my hand immediately hitting the rock giant in front of me in its left shoulder. Its left arm, without any support, falls to the ground, shattering. Well, Kai just lifts up his foot and steps on it, absorbing the debris through its legs and regenerating its lost arm.

I continue firing one shot after the other, each one hitting its right leg, chest, and head directly. The rock giant still ends up moving. Kai seems to have learned how to move his main body around to make sure he takes the least amount of lasting damage possible.

What hurts, hurts after all, even though he could just recreate himself with his quirk.

What he didn’t know was that all of these shots are in fact just distractions. While I was doing that, my entire left arm transformed itself into a proper giant railgun cannon instead of the toy I have in my palm.

I lift it up, now 3 times the size my arm was before and set my target.

*VOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!*

A sound much louder than the one that came from my palm sounds out as a near blinding beam of white light fires out of my arm cannon and hits the rock giant, incinerating its head, chest, and both its arms. The only part left is its legs which ended up collapsing in a kneeling fashion.

Arata- “It’s over…”

I activate the speaker function of the Jeager as everyone outside can hear my voice. I then turn around and begin my dramatic walk away.

I've seen enough, I'm satisfied. This was an amazing mecha battle. Next time, I will just finish things instantly, no need for the trouble. Well, the trouble is good though, or rather, fun. Hmm, choices choices.

*SHING!*

A spike pierces my chest. From the damage reports, it seems someone stabbed my back. My arc reactor is damaged and the systems running the Gypsy Avenger start going offline one after the other. The cockpit I'm in begins to darken as the only source of light comes from the natural sunlight from outside, shining through the visor to me.

The Jeager ended up stop moving while standing upright, its arms slouching by its side and its head rolled forward.

From behind me, the rock giant I vaporised half the body of walks in front of me. It was fully recovered, not a trace of any damage. It seems Kai made something like a spear and stabbed it through my back when he thought I wasn’t paying attention.

Bitch move.

Arata- “H… How…?”

My voice reaches the outside world through the Gypsy Avenger speaker system in a heavily distorted and static-filled voice. And Kai Chisaki, being the generic villain he is, kindly explains to me what happened after revealing his main body to me through the rock giant’s chest.

Kai- “Ha ha ha! You thought I was dead, but it was me, Kai!”

Arata- “… was that a fucking Jojo’s reference?”

Kai- “Did you think I was only limited to moving my main body through the rock giant? Ignorant fool!”

Ah, I know what happened now. he moved his main body into the ground while controlling the rock giant “remotely”. What a smart move. And I thought he hid in the legs.

But with his Divine Augment, if he was in the ground, couldn't he have taken the whole world as his body? Wouldn’t he have been unstoppable?

I don’t know whether this guy is smart or a dumbass.

After explaining his whole plan to me, which I already figure out thank you very much, the rock giant reaches forward and grabs Gypsy Avenger’s head, slowly crushing it.

Kai- “I am going to make you regret making an enemy of me…”

If this continued on, I would get crushed. Even from inside the cockpit I can see the walls and ceiling slowly caving in. I'm in trouble, aren’t I…?

Pfft, yeah right. This guy is seriously underestimating me. But once again, this is a mecha battle, superpowers shouldn’t be used here. Well, I could just use the self-repair function of this Jeager and beat this guy up, but I've got something better.

Arata- “You…”

My distorted voice sounds out again.

Kai- “Ahh? What now? Do you want to beg for your life?”

Arata- “You… should have gone… for the head…”

After saying that, my immobile right arm suddenly came back to life and quickly jammed its hand into the rock giant’s chest, right where Kai was. It was an unexpected move so he didn’t move his main body in time.

My hand, still grabbing into Kai, transforms revealing a small sphere. Said sphere opens in the middle, surrounds Kai, and closes itself again, trapping him inside.

Kai will end up using his quirk to destroy the sphere encasing him and escape once again… This is what would happen if this was normal metal.

This metal is comparable to the metal found in neutron stars, the densest object in the universe excluding black holes.

The pressure at that location is so intense that nuclei start to touch from being squeezed together so hard. Eventually, they fuse and finally, it ends up becoming what is thought to be the hardest material in the known universe, second to only my dic- *Cough!*

I highly doubt Kai can use his quirk to disassemble this. Even with max output [Vector Manipulation], I could only bend it. Breaking it is something for the future.

 

A/N: To be honest I'm more or a fan or Striker Eureka than Gypsy Danger or Avenger.

MC: Really? Why?

AN: Because they're Australian.

MC: Oh yeah, we're both from Australia weren't we?

AN: You forgot?

MC: Well, I kind of got used to Japan, so...

AN: ...

MC: ... Im sorry dad.

Let me know if I missed anything!

32