Chapter 102 Indirect Revenge.
1.1k 10 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[You have completed your quest. Receiving rewards.]

[Title system unlocked.]

I can't wait to see what titles I have here. But for now, I've got other things to do. First things first, a dramatic ending is needed.

Arata- “Jarvis, set the Gypsy Avenger to self destruct in 30 seconds.”

Jarvis- “Understood sir. I presume you want it to be the harmless showy self destruct version?”

Arata- “Yep.”

I say, popping the p at the end.

Now then, shall I run? A mechanical door at the back of the Jeager’s head opens as I run out of it. I find myself nearly 80 meters in the air.

Jarvis- “Self-destruction will be complete in 25 seconds.”

After saying that, the whole Jeager trembles and slowly begins to fall.

The Gypsy Avenger was facing the group of heroes watching a little while away to not interfere with the mecha battle Kai and I just had. Once Kai’s rock giant collapsed because nothing is holding it together any more, they all started rushing towards where I am to make sure I'm ok. It will take a minute or so before they reach here, but this works in my favour.

The Gypsy Avenger collapsed into its knees and slowly began to lean forward, crashing onto its face. Since I exited from the back of its head, I ended up standing on the back of the head of the collapsed giant. I jump off and begin slowly walking my way over to the rest of the group.

Once I was a little while away and everyone else was close enough to see me clearly, the Jeager explodes in a flashy explosion. Doing that slow walk with the explosion behind you… Kuh! Today is a good day!

Momo, who sees this, thinks “So cool…”. Meanwhile, Nejire and Rumi are thinking “Why did he blow up such a useful weapon…?”. I also conveniently forget that I was complaining that creating the giant faux robot villains for the U.A entrance exam and sports festival is a giant waste of money. Mmm.

So yeah, the Gypsy Avenger exploded dealing no damage to its surroundings shooting fire and scrap high into the air. I don’t mention that a small piece of it flew out and hit me in the back of my head during my cool moment, it seems no one else noticed it too. Phew.

If I wanted to have the thing self destruct to deal damage, this place would have been flattened in a 50km radius while making the place overall uninhabitable for a further 100km. As I said, this baby was a technological wonder that took me over a month to design.

Speaking of which, there was a reason I was able to move my arm even though the arc reactor in my chest got crushed. The reason was… obviously I have more than 1 arc reactor. Are you kidding me? Who puts a giant bright energy source out in the open like that without adding a failsafe? It’s just begging to get damaged. Even the Iron Man armour has 14 different arc reactors hidden throughout its body. Lmao.

The amount of villains that thought they won when they destroyed the main arc reactor and then let down their guards, causing their defeat are too many to count.

So yeah, even though the main arc reactor got destroyed, I had a few other arc reactors hidden throughout the body of the Gypsy Avenger that can produce more than enough energy.

But I feel like I'm forgetting something… Oh right, Kai. He took the full force of that self-destruction, he was right in that explosion radius, however small it was. Oh well, he’s encased in the metal you can find on neutron stars, he should be fine. Speaking of which, no, I did no go to a neutron star and harvest it. I made it.

[Limited Creation] can make anything you consider theoretically possible as long as you have the materials. I just got a fuck ton of iron and condensed it to an extreme point using that skill. It even that ball I trapped Kai in, which is only 3 meters or so in diameter, ended up being the cause of half the weight of the entire Jeager. It’s super dense, even though it’s barely a millimeter thick.

So yeah, after talking with everyone letting them know I'm ok, I quickly ran back to the explosion site, found Kai’s hamster ball, used [Limited Creation] to open a small hole in it and threw in a potent sleeping chemical, the same one I gave to Tomura ages ago.

Speaking of which, Tomura is now in jail. Tartarus, to be exact. The most secure prison in the world as far as I'm concerned. And so is everyone else from the League of Villains. I publicly exposed their current locations and eventually they all got caught.

The best part is I gave Tartarus a contract, supplying them with a constant supply of quirk suppressing cuffs and neck tasers from Stark industries. With these, even All for One can't do anything. It’s as if Aizawa-sensei squatted next to him and just stared at him all day with Denki constantly touching his neck.

That’s a little creepy. Moving on!

After I made sure Kai is now completely asleep, I put the hamster ball back into my inventory, walk up to a deceased- *Cough!* unconcious Kai, and fish around for something in his not-as-good-as-mine jacket. I find it, it was in his pocket. It’s a case. I open it and I find exactly what I expected.

Inside are 5 red bullets with needles at the end, all lined up. Quirk erasing bullets. Fucker made them ahead of time. Now, although I would like to destroy all of these things right here, right now, I refrain. I have a better use for them.

I take a single bullet out… and jab the needle part into Kai’s neck. Now Kai will never be able to use his quirk again. Karma’s a bitch. He did so many bad things to Eri, and now it’s her quirk that will take away any chance of him making a comeback ever again.

I step back, Look up into the sky, and whisper to myself.

Arata- “This is good enough, isn’t it? Eri.”

Back in U.A, at the class 1A dorms, Eri is crying in Toru’s embrace. On Eri’s neck is something familiar to all 1A students, a neuro linker. Projected in her eyes… is a lifestream of what Arata sees.

“Ah, I'm finally free…”

That single thought permeates her mind. The tears streaming down her face is one of happiness, relief, and a never before felt sense of satisfaction. Sure, she hated Kai. Who wouldn’t? With an immature mind like Eri’s, if she appeared in front of Kai at that moment, no doubt she would have tried to kill him. But even so, she doesn’t want that. If she did, she felt like she would have lost something forever.

With her experiences, she doesn’t have any resistances to killing, especially with Kai killing goons on a near-daily basis. But… she knew. She felt it, that if she killed Kai at that moment, with nothing but hatred and fear clouding her mind, she would never be the same.

With the knowledge that it was her quirk that was the source of those bullets and what said bullets can do, she felt satisfied when she saw the needle jab into Kai’s neck. She felt freedom. She felt thankful.

Thankful for this chance…

Of an Indirect Revenge.

 

A/N: I tried making the ending a bit more serious than normal, hopefully I did it well.

MC: No you didn't. And you know that.

AN: Shush. I tried, ok?

MC: Just go back to that playful style. Serious doesnt suit you.

AN: Oh yeah, we're also having an R-18+ chapter next.

MC: YES! Who is it with?

AN: I'm not saying shit. Well, the readers probably can guess...

Let me know if I missed anything!

37