Ch. 55 Jewelry
213 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Serena furrowed her eyebrows as she saw the fist coming to her face. She did not think that she would be forced to use her Desire, but she had no choice.

Pink smoke came out of her body and rotated around her. Hugh could smell a sweet scent coming from the pink smoke around her.

The pink smoke enveloped Serena’s body and got reabsorbed back into her body. Her eyes suddenly had a pink glow that exuded a powerful aura.

Just as Hugh’s fist was about to come for her head, she dodged out of the way without a problem. It looked like her body moved on her own to avoid Hugh’s attack.

She frowned at Hugh and decided to counterattack. She did not want to fight because it would crease her uniform, but she could not forgive this indignation.

Serena did not wait for Hugh’s attack as she kicked towards his body before recovering his positioning. Her pink smoke revolved around her leg as she kicked it towards Hugh.

Hugh’s instincts were now in control of his body. His eyes were still focused around the jewelry dangling around her neck as if seducing him to come after it.

Hugh’s body dodged in an awkward position, and if he were conscious, he would not have been able to avoid the attack.

From Hugh’s instincts, he knew that he was able to dodge Serena’s attack successfully. He was thrown back when he felt a sharp pain in his gut.

Hugh looked down and saw a shoe print on his uniform. It hurt a lot more than ordinary shoes because she was wearing high-heels.

Hugh held his stomach as he looked at her with a confused face. He did not understand what had happened, but if Hugh were sane, he would have known what happened.

Serena was now limping on one foot because one of her legs was longer than the other. Serena had a prideful face as she looked at Hugh and the damage she had inflicted onto him.

After a second, the pink smoke came out of her leg, and the leg shrunk back to its standard size. It seemed that it was one of Serena’s powers in her Desire.

Hugh had an angry face as his stomach continued to burn in hunger. He was getting more agitated the more he saw the bright and colorful jewelry on her neck. He knew that if he ate it, it would taste heavenly and bring him so much joy.

Hugh pounced on her again as if he had not learned his lesson. Serena frowned as she saw Hugh with renewed energy that seemed to come out of nowhere.

She produced her pink smoke again, and this time, it got reabsorbed back into her eyes. She could now see the world in slow motion, and Hugh was as slow as an average person.

She would not have trouble dodging Hugh’s attack, and that gave her confidence in defeating him.

Hugh activated his Desire on his arm and created a claw that attacked Serena’s neck. She saw his attack and thought that he was coming for her head, so she prepared to dodge and counter attack.

She moved her head sideways and performed an uppercut towards Hugh’s chin. She had reacted fast, and she knew that her attack would reach his head first.

She thought that Hugh was sane, and Hugh would try to dodge away from her uppercut. Her eyebrows furrowed as she saw him continue to pounce on her, but she thought nothing of it and continued her attack.

Her fist hit Hugh’s chin, but she felt a hard surface resist her attack. She looked and saw Hugh’s silver and brown armor on his chin.

Hugh’s head was only thrown a few inches upward, but his eyes were still focused on one thing. Serena had lowered her guard as she thought that Hugh would dodge her uppercut, so she was unprepared for Hugh’s attack.

Hugh’s claw-like hands came after her neck. She thought she would get seriously injured, so she closed her eyes and gathered her pink smoke around her neck.

After a second, she did not feel any pain, so she opened her eyes. She caressed her neck and found no cuts on it. She continued to feel around her neck when she noticed something; she lost her pieces of jewelry.

She had a confused face as she looked at Hugh, who had her pieces of jewelry in his hands. She could see that greed in his eyes, and she thought that he would sell those pieces of jewelry for a lot of money. The next thing Hugh did shocked her to her core.

She saw Hugh put the pieces of jewelry in his mouth and crunch on it like it was candy. She put her hands around her mouth as she gasped.

Hugh felt like he was in heaven as he the savory flavor of the gems inside her necklace. Each of the gems had a different taste that gave him a different experience.

The green gem gave him a refreshing feeling, the red gem gave him a spicy sense, and the yellow gem gave him a warm and juicy consistency.

He was too caught up in the gem’s deliciousness as he did not see Serena’s disgust towards him.

“You...you...YOU!”

Her scream was like a bucket of cold water that was splashed on Hugh’s face. With the gem’s nutrients, Hugh was able to gain back his sanity.

He stopped eating the gems like a robber caught in the act. He formed an awkward smile that still had shards of gems on his mouth to appease her anger.

“That’s my JEWELRY!!!”

Her anger seemed to have agitated her pink smoke as it created a tornado around her body. Hugh felt her aura, and he wanted to run away.

Hugh’s body was still skin and bones, and he had no power to fight her again. He needed to get to the shifting room and go back to his house.

Hugh ran away from her with all of his strength, stumbling his few steps. He was only a few meters away from the shifting room, but he could feel her closing in on him.

“That’s the only necklace that matches my dresses! Come back here!!!”

Hugh ignored her as he opened the door to the shifting room and closed it before she could get in. The door closed behind Serena, and she could only knock on the door with anger.

*BANG* *BANG* *BANG*

Serena pounded on the door with her arms that were modified by her Desire. Even though she put all of her strength into knocking, the shifting room entrance did not budge.

Hugh slid down the door and panted as he heard Serena’s muffled shoutings. He heaved a big sigh of relief as he found out that Serena could not follow him in.

It was a close call, and he did not know what would happen to him if Serena caught him. Her brutish strength that contrasted her graceful demeanor gave him chills in the neck.

Serena could only stomp her foot in anger as Hugh did not answer her. She touched her neck, the place where her pieces of jewelry should have been.

Hugh immediately got up and navigated the shifting room towards his house. As soon as he stepped foot in the velvet flooring of his house, he rushed towards the hallways and kitchen.

He ordered all kinds of food to return his body to his obese state. Plates piled up beside his refrigerator as he laid on his back in exhaustion.

His heart could have burst due to the anxiety that he felt during those stressful times. He had been caught killing inside the campus, and now, Serena may have also found out about his secret.

He had promised himself he would be low-key, but he was always forced into the spotlight.

The situation that happened tonight only served to remind him that he needed to improve his armor. He could have won against Joub if he had a longer time with his armor.

In the end, he was not able to ask permission from the Student Council about an excursion to the school dungeons.

He planned to do it tomorrow because he was now beyond tired. He walked back up to his room and plopped down on the bed. Within a few seconds of closing his eyes, he went to sleep.

The morning came, and it was another day at Wolrath academy. Hugh opened his eyes and the problems of yesterday immediately soured this excellent morning.

He was already anxious in the morning, and now he had another thing to be worried about. There was a notification in his daily mission.

++++++++++++++

DAILY MISSIONS:

Eat 10 types of gems (0/10)

Eat 10 types of rocks (0/10)

Eat 30,000 kcal (0/30,000)

++++++++++++++

5