Ch. 57 Coffee
201 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Student Council member had his eyes straight towards Hugh as he spoke. His voice was not loud, but the armband around his bicep amplified his presence.

Everyone looked towards Hugh as they heard the declaration. It was not long until they started to whisper around each other regarding their guesses as to why the Student Council wanted Hugh to be restrained.

“Woah, Woah, what happened?”

“Is it because of the incident back at The Prestige Club? Are they going to punish him for conspiring with Veer?”

“What? Did you guys not hear about what happened outside the Central Area?”

“What happened?”

“They found a dead body! The Student Council started their investigation last night.”

“Yeah, and I heard something interesting too. Don’t tell anyone about this, or else it will come back to me, but they said that Hugh had something to do about the dead body.”

“What?!?!”

“Wasn’t the dead student a second-year? How did Hugh kill him?”

“If that’s true, then is Veer’s words also true? Does Hugh really have a hidden power?”

“I don’t think that’s true. I heard that the student committed suicide. There’s no way that the F-level talent Hugh could defeat a second-year.”

With all these speculations going around, the Student Council member had a frown on his face.

“Tsk.”

He did not like what they were talking about. The Student Council’s reputation was being tarnished by the mysterious reporter called Veer. If the students started to believe Veer’s words, the Student Council’s control over the students would lessen.

Hugh's heart was beating as fast as possible when he heard the Student Council member’s words. He did not know why they were summoning him, but he could only guess that they talked about Joub’s dead body.

His mind was in double overtime as he tried to think of a solution to this predicament. If he went to their headquarters and he was found guilty, he would have nowhere to run.

If he were to resist and run away right now, he would be immediately found guilty without any questions. He would have to leave the school and hide out in the wild.

He did not even know if that would be possible because they probably had the power to scour the entire world for him. The only possible way he could survive at that point was to leave the world, but he had no way to do that.

The guy that had a mask on that night must have tattled on to the Student Council. He had to think about the right answer, or else it could lead to his doom.

Hugh took a big breath and stood up from his chair. He decided to go to the headquarters because he could still defend himself.

He would just have to hold on to the hope that they did not have evidence against him.

His footsteps echoed in the classroom as the students were silent. They watched him with curiosity in their eyes. Hugh walked towards the Student Council member and stopped when he was in front of him.

“Let’s go. We have a lot of questions for you.”

With that, the Student Council member took out handcuffs from his back pocket and put them on Hugh’s hands. He was now restrained using a unique material that has resistance against Desires.

There was now no turning back. He would have to go through with this because he had no way to escape now. He would have to double down on his lies to try and convince them of his innocence.

The students' eyes were still glued onto Hugh, and some gasped as they saw him being restrained. Some assumed that this was a confession of guilt.

Hugh and the Student Council member walked towards the shifting room with silence above their heads. Hugh was sweating from his anxiousness, but his eyes were as clear as day.

If worse comes to worst, he would have to fight his way out; that was the only way he would survive.

They stepped onto the shifting room full of mirrors, and the Student Council member navigated the room towards their headquarters.

Once they stepped out, the hexagram shaped building that was colored black and white immediately entered Hugh’s eyes. It was still intimidating as ever with its windowless floors. It was more like a prison than a building for the Student Council.

The Student Council member dragged Hugh’s handcuffs towards the entrance. There were still two students guarding the gate, and they opened the door once they saw Hugh being pulled by one of their members.

As Hugh stepped inside, the grayish interior greeted his eyes. There were students on the inside sitting on their desks full of holographic signs. They all wore the school uniform, but they had an armband on their biceps.

Hugh took a peek as to what the students were doing, and he saw various students’ information in full view. It had a tremendous amount of details about a student, including their history.

There were also security cameras inside the classrooms to monitor the classes all over the school. Hugh now realized the power and the control of the Student Council had over everyone in the school.

Then, he thought about the night where he killed Joub. Was there a security camera that caught all of his actions? This thought gave Hugh deep anxiety as he regretted ever coming inside their headquarters.

He looked at more screens to determine if the Student Council had more information about him, but before he could, the Student Council member tugged on him to follow along.

Hugh calmed himself down. If they had known he was guilty from the start, they would not have taken him for questioning. They would have enacted their powers, expelled him from the school, and gave him to the CDA.

The best thing for him to do now was to relax and try his best to present a poker face. They would probably pressure him to tell the truth, but if he stayed quiet, he would not get caught.

The Student Council member led him towards a room without any windows. It had a boring gray painted wall and just a small table with two chairs.

Hugh was forced to sit on one of the chairs and wait for somebody to come through the door. Hugh could not help but sweat and wait for the person that would interrogate him.

The only Student Council officer that he had met was Felix, the Vice President. He did not want to be interrogated by that man since he was creeped out by his thin smile and narrow eyes.

As Hugh was in deep thought, the door opened and jolted Hugh out of his stupor. The man that walked into the door was not Felix, which gave Hugh relief.

The man that came in was a Student Council officer that had short black hair and had a stubble beard. He looked older than his actual age, but Hugh was sure that he was only a second-year student.

The man started to unbutton his uniform and took it off completely. He put in on the chair as he sat down opposite Hugh.

Hugh felt the pressure emanating from the guy, and it was sharp. It felt like a prickling pain on his skin if he looked at the guy for too long.

The man coughed to clear up his throat and spoke to Hugh.

“I’m Ace, and I’m the Committee Chair for the Student Council. Basically, I am in charge of the Student Council Hands.”

Ace had a deep voice that matched his mature look. If Hugh were to compare Ace’s rank in the Student Council, he would be a general.

Ace was the general while he commanded the Student Council hands, which were the foot soldiers.

Ace’s demeanor leaked his confidence and his strength, which was fitting for his rank. Hugh could feel an intimidating pressure from Ace, but he did not show it in his face; he needed to remain calm.

Ace had a carefree sitting position as if he could sit there for hours at a time. Ace finally looked at Hugh’s eyes and gave him a fierce glare.

Hugh did not flinch, nor did he cringe away. He reciprocated the fierce glare as he tried not to be the first one who broke the staring contest.

After a few seconds of the silent competition, Hugh was starting to lose focus. He could not take it anymore and was about to look away when Ace closed his eyes.

Ace then put on a carefree face as he spoke towards Hugh with a relatively soft voice.

“I’m thirsty for some coffee. Do you want some?”

9