Ch. 69 Tunnel
163 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hugh had regained his sanity and his fats, but he was still hungry to eat more. He craved for the glimmering gold and silver jewels piled up in front of him, ripe for the taking.

He stood up and walked towards the pile of treasures while his eyes stared at it, fearing that it would somehow disappear once he took his eyes off.

Once he got closer, he could smell the metallic scent of the treasures in front of him. It was two meters in height and four meters wide, creating a pyramid shape of treasures.

Hugh bent down, took one of the treasures in the pile, and held it in his hands. It was a golden chalice adorned with red jewels, a symbol of luxury.

He put it near his nose and smelled nothing, which meant that it was real gold. Gold did not have a smell; only the oxides, sulfide, and any other chemical compounds in the metal created that smell.

He opened his jaw wide and took a bite out of the chalice, making sure only to eat the gold part. It was a little bit hard, but his teeth were strong enough to rip out a part of the chalice.

The gold in his mouth had a cool and refreshing taste but was immediately followed by a smooth texture. The gold seemed to have melted in his mouth like chocolate and gave him a minty flavor.

It was delicious, like eating a luxurious candy that only he could eat. He looked at the ref gems embedded on the gold chalice and plucked them out one by one.

He set them aside for now and chowed down on the golden chalice. He enjoyed the gold chalice bite after bite and ate the red gems as his dessert.

++++++++++++++

DAILY MISSIONS:

Eat 10 types of gems (1/10)

Eat 10 types of rocks (0/10)

Eat 30,000 kcal (30,000/30,000)

++++++++++++++

Just like he thought, the gems he ate were a part of his daily missions. With this opportunity presented to him, he did not hesitate to feast on the pile of treasures in front of him.

Hugh spent the next hour and two to eat the gold and silver pieces of jewelry in the pile. One by one, it was all digested into his stomach that seemed to have no limit to what he could eat.

He ate all kinds of gems that he could see in the treasure pile and downed them in his stomach without chewing. It was like candy, but it would take too long to melt, so he just swallowed it and let his stomach do all the work.

He did not even look at his daily missions until he saw no more treasures in front of him. He had eaten everything in sight to satisfy his never-ending hunger.

‘Eat 10 types of gems (10/10)’

He had now completed two of his three daily missions for today. He plopped down on the ground and let his stomach digest the food that he ingested.

This trip had been more fruitful than he thought. He just needed to eat ten more types of rocks to receive his reward from his system.

He did not know where to find rocks in this type of place. It looked like he was thousands of meters up in the air, so there were no natural rock formations that he could consume.

He had to think of a way to get rocks in this place. He did not know how much time had passed, but he did not want to waste time here while his daily missions were still not complete.

As he thought about his situation, he realized that he was in a giant tree. A tree needs something to grow on, which means that there is ground somewhere down the tree. Wherever there is ground, there are rocks.

With this plan in mind, he decided to climb down the tree to get to the ground. This was not an easy feat as he was still thousands of meters up in the air.

Unless he had a way to fly down, he would have to slowly maneuver through the branches to get down safely. That would be hard because he did not have a way to rappel down the bark.

If he were to climb down, he would need a good grip at all times to keep himself from falling. He could only do that if he used his armor, but his armor was not always available.

He could try and tame an eagle to take him down, but that would be near impossible. He could not fight them right now because he just used his transformation.

He almost died when he tried to fight an eagle using only his armor, so he could not risk taming an eagle right now.

The only way for him to get down safely was to eat his way down. If he were to dig a hole down, he would safely get to the ground. The only problem with this was that it would take a long time to do that.

He did not have any other choice but to start digging down until he reached the bottom of the tree. He had to be fast, or else he would miss his daily missions.

Hugh activated his armor on his fist and created a claw shape. With this piercing fist, he started to dig down the wood and put it in his mouth to eat.

This was also part of the reason why he wanted to dig down. He wanted to take this opportunity to eat as much wood as he can to see if it would affect his armor.

Hugh continued to dig down while he ate the wood to fuel his armor. He kept on digging and digging until his fist burst through another empty space.

Hugh looked down and saw that this empty space was a tunnel like the one that the squirrel made. It was only three meters in height, so Hugh jumped down safely.

Once he was in the dark tunnel, he chose a random direction and started to walk there. If there were tunnels here, then that meant there were more squirrels inside the tree.

More squirrels meant that there were more piles of treasures that he could eat. If he had more time, he would try and steal some of the treasures inside the squirrel’s burrow.

Hugh walked in the tunnel until he saw a dead end. It was the end of the tunnel, but Hugh knew that it was just a ruse to hide the room of treasures.

Now that he had reached this dead-end, he was sure that another squirrel lived here and hid their treasures here. Hugh used his armor to burst a hole in the dead end.

His hand quickly pierced through the thin wall, creating a peeping hole for him to see through. He peeked his head through and saw a giant squirrel ahead.

It was currently on its back, presumably sleeping since it had its eyes closed. Hugh looked around the room until he saw a pile of treasure in the corner.

His eyes immediately displayed greed, but once he looked closely, he saw a different kind of treasure.

The pile of treasures was not glimmering gold and silver but instead had different colors put together. His nose immediately picked up a floral scent in the room, and it helped him identify the pile of treasures.

The squirrel in this room did not store pieces of jewelry but instead gathered flowers. It had different types of flowers in different shapes that gave the room a pleasant smell.

Hugh took out his head from the hole and went away from the squirrel’s burrow. He did not need the flowers, so he would not spend the time to steal them or wrestle them away from the hands of the giant squirrel.

He continued down the other path of the tunnel until he saw a fork in the road. It led to two different directions, and Hugh chose the left route at random.

Once he followed the left road, he came across another fork that led to two different paths. This time, he also chose the left path.

Hugh continued to walk through forks in the tunnel until he saw another dead end.

Just as he saw the thin wooden wall that separated the tunnel from the treasure room, he felt a feeling in his body.

*yawn*

7