Ch. 100 Enter
154 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hugh did not believe any words that Balen said, but he had no choice but to check it out for himself. He was now standing in front of a building with a dirty white color.

This was the central building with no doors or windows at all. He did not know what he was doing here, but Balen had wanted him to come here.

He looked at every corner and edge of the building, but there were no entryways that he could enter. Balen had told him that Aric was inside of this building, so he knew that there was a way to get in.

He had to stop Aric, which was what multiple people had told him, namely Veer and Balen. They both wanted him to stop Aric with unknown intentions.

From his interactions with Balen, it was clear that there were multiple hands in this whole operation. Looking around and making sure that no one was looking at him, Hugh took out a card in his pocket.

It was colored red and white and had the insignia of the Wolrath Academy. Balen had given him this key to enter the central building, but Balen did not tell him how to enter it.

‘Figure it out for yourself. That’s half the fun right there!’

Hugh balled his fist as he remembered Balen’s words. He hated the annoying smile that Balen always displays on his face.

He shook his head and did his thoughts of Balen. He raised his hand that gripped the card and held it in the wall of the building.

Hugh was not expecting anything, but there was a weird sensation he felt when he touched the wall. In fact, there was no sensation at all. It was as if there was no wall there.

Hugh’s hand passed through the walls and he stumbled inside as he lost his balance from the shock. He quickly gathered himself back up and patted himself down.

He looked around and saw that the interior of the central building was dim. There was barely any light, giving the whole room a creepy vibe.

There were strange contraptions all around him. Some were basic geometric shapes, some were made of giant gears, and some were tubings.

All of those things were gray, alluding to their mysterious purpose. Hugh would have observed these contraptions more if he was not within a time limit.

He started to walk around the contraptions, finding his way through the cluttered floor with his eagle eyes. It was not that hard to see, but Hugh sometimes had trouble getting into tight spaces because of his size.

As he walked around the crowded room, he suddenly saw a bright light in the near distance. He focused his eyes and saw that there was a hallway that led to a room.

Deciding to go there, Hugh approached carefully as he made sure to not make any noise. He walked in the dim hallway until he saw the interior of the room.

Unlike the cluttered room that he was in, this room had nothing in it at all. It was a domed shape, and a big spotlight was on the ceiling.

Hugh saw something in the middle of the room that took his attention. A 1x0.5 foot pedestal stood in the middle of the room. It was made of white marble, contrasting the black floor where it was installed.

That was not the most surprising thing in the room. Standing in the middle without any movement, Aric appeared in his eyes.

Aric still had that disheveled look on his face and his hair, but he was now holding a strange black cube in his hands.

With his eagle eyes, Hugh could see every detail on the black cube. It was like looking at outer space, unending and full of void.

Hugh then looked at Aric’s face. There was a pained expression on his face, evidenced by the frown and the moist eyes.

Hugh could see Aric raise his fist that grabbed the cube as if he was throwing the cube away. At the very last second, he would hesitate and stop his actions.

For some reason, Aric was hesitating about doing something.

Hugh was able to piece the clues that he saw. It was easy to guess that the cube in Aric’s hands was the key to his plans. There was a square-like indentation on the pedestal, so he guessed that it was where the cube would go.

After minutes of hesitation, Aric started to raise the cube in the air and bring it down on the pedestal. Before it touched the pedestal, Hugh announced his presence.

“Stop, Aric!”

Hugh appeared from the hallway as he shouted. Aric quickly stopped his movements as he heard Hugh shout towards him.

Aric turned his head and locked eyes with Hugh. Aric’s face was full of confusion as he tried to wonder if Hugh was real or not.

As Hugh walked towards Aric, his footsteps echoed in the dome. This was enough evidence for Aric to know that Hugh was really in the same room as him.

From a face of confusion, Aric’s face then turned into a devious smile. For a second, he seemed to have regained the sharpness and the edge that he had lost.

Aric’s back straightened and he ran his hands through his hair, fixing it for a little bit. In just a small adjustment, Aric seemed to be back to his old self.

Hugh walked towards Aric with his armor ready to be deployed. He knew that a fight would break out. It was their destiny to do so.

They both wanted different things, and they both believed in different ideologies. Even back to when they were just tiny little kids, they had always butted heads.

“Why are you doing this, Aric?”

Hugh furrowed his eyebrows as he questioned Aric. He had known him for a long time, and he did not think that Aric could be or wanted to be a terrorist. It seemed out of character.

Aric heard Hugh’s question and a smile broke out on his face. Hugh could hear a slight chuckle from Aric.

“Hehehe...why? Because I want to cause chaos and destroy the school!”

8