Ch. 106 Revenge
137 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That moment of hesitation made Hugh’s punch slower than it would have been. Hugh felt the power in his hands start to disappear and fade away from existence.

He saw his silver and brown armor start to change its state to a liquid and return to his skin. He had used all thirty seconds of his armor, and it was not on cooldown.

Hugh felt his vision start to blur, but he noticed that it was just his normal vision. His eagle eyes were also at cooldown, which meant he had no skills at all to use right now. 

He would have to wait many more seconds until he could use his armor again. In a tense fight like this, losing his armor for even ten seconds would be fatal.

Thankfully, it seemed that he had done enough damage towards Aric that he was severely injured. Aric did not have the energy to fight back.

Realizing this opportunity, Hugh decided to continue his attacks without his armor. He sat on top of Aric and started to barrage his fists on Aric’s face.

Aric still had a little bit of fire on his face, so Hugh did not come out unscathed in his attack. Every punch that he did, damaged his knuckles until they bled.

Aric’s face started to bloat and puff up as it was filled with cuts. Hugh’s bare fist was not strong at all, but the number of times he punched it towards Aric’s face accumulated and did enough damage.

With every punch, Hugh would remember the times that Aric would bully him. 

*punch*

He remembered the time when Aric beat him up in front of the entire school. Everyone cheered for Aric, while they booed him.

*punch*

He remembered the time when Aric stole his lunch money and made him run for miles and miles until he used them all up. At that time, he had thought that he would be able to save up enough money to buy his Desire pill.

*punch*

Aric trapped him inside a burning room. He remembered how hot it was, and how he almost passed out from the heat. He was only saved because the rain started to pour out from the sky.

*punch*

He remembered all the times that Aric threw all of his food down the drain. There were days where he could not eat because Aric would steal it.

*punch*

Hugh panted as he looked at the disfigured face of his former friend. Aric’s sharp and arrogant face was nowhere to be seen, just a man that was beaten within an inch of his life.

With all of these memories flooding into his mind, Hugh could not help but feel indignation. What right did Aric have to torture him like that?

From pity, came anger and fury. Hugh had experienced an innumerable amount of misery and pain from Aric, but now Aric was as powerless as an ant.

The tables had changed, and Hugh was now the powerful one. Aric was now the one down in the dumps, face full of blood, and his body full of injuries.

If Hugh had this power before, he would not have been bullied like that before. He would not have felt the helpless despair that he once felt.

He would have told his younger self to stand up for himself, and fight for whatever he wanted. He had wasted all of his life, sulking in misery because of his supposed miserable fate.

“Stand up.”

Hugh stood up and let Aric recover for himself. He let his anger control his emotions, and now he just wanted revenge from Aric.

Stand up. That was what Aric would always tell him whenever Aric would beat him up. Whenever Hugh tried to stand up, Aric would beat him up even harder. It was a taunt that Aric used to let Hugh know who was the boss.

Aric was barely moving, and blood pooled beneath his head. He was still alive, albeit barely. His eyes were half-closed, but Hugh knew that Aric was looking at him.

“Stand up!”

Hugh shouted towards Aric, his eyes moist from anger. He was letting all of his pent-up anger and resentment towards Aric dictate his movements.

He could have just finished the fight without any problem, but Hugh could not do that. He wanted to beat up Aric even more. It was as if he was trying to prove something to his younger self, that he would be strong, stronger than the man who bullied him all of his life.

Aric still did not move. Hugh knew that there was still some power within Aric because there was still some fire in Aric’s body. For some reason, Aric did not want to get up.

Hugh could not accept that. His face twisted in anger, and he taunted Aric even more.

“STAND UP!!!”

With Hugh’s loud shout, Aric finally moved. Aric struggled to get up, his face still dripping with blood. He tried to use his arm to pick himself up, but his hand slid on his own blood.

Aric looked pitiable right now, but all Hugh could see was the face of his tormentor. Aric’s face was the constant reminder of what he had gone through all of those years.

 

With trembling limbs and broken bones, Aric forced himself up with the last of his strengths. Aric's knees buckled, and he almost slid back down, but he kept his balance.

Although Aric was up from the ground, anyone could see that he was barely standing. With even just the slightest push from the air, Aric could tumble down.

Hugh did not notice that. He only had bloodlust in his mind, and he wanted revenge. With his full weight behind his fist, Hugh punched Aric’s already damaged body.

Aric’s body flew across the room, tumbled on the floor, and landed on the ground. His body was unmoving, and Aric’s flame was slowly starting to dwindle out.

Hugh wanted more. The pain that he had inflicted now was not enough.

“You were as arrogant and as despicable as your father. I hope you both rot in hell.”

As soon as Hugh said those words, Aric’s body started to explode in an orangish fire. 

7