Prologue
649 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the eastern reaches of the Zariya Kingdom, bordering the Elbonia Empire, sprawled an expansive woodland, the dominion of House Curzon. Despite its scarcity in farmland, the area was rich in boundless forests, mineral wealth, and abundant water sources. However, due to its precarious location on the border, the house's finances were entirely drained by military expenditures, rendering them impoverished and financially strained.

The Curzon family, a modest noble lineage, governed three frontier villages, each housing two to three hundred inhabitants. Remarkably, their territory rivaled that of an archduke, a vast expanse allowed due to its frontier status. Yet, this extensive land was ruled by a mere Knight, a testament to its desolate location.

Originally, the Royal Palace hadn't anticipated settlement in this harsh region. The Curzon House gained nobility status merely because their ancestors successfully established a village. Over time, three villages emerged at the base of the mountain range marking the northern and eastern borders of their domain.

The Royal Capital had decreed the local area, including the wild, untamed lands surrounding it, as part of Curzon territory. But due to the family's poverty, the savage remoteness made development impossible.

At the helm of the family was George Curzon, an unremarkable man in his forties, married to a woman of similar standing. Together, they had three sons. Given the uncertainties of noble life, having only one child was a luxury they couldn't afford. Claude Curzon, the third son, born into nobility, would inherit no land due to his birth order.

Traditionally, the eldest son inherited the family estate, the second son served as a backup, and any subsequent sons had to forge their own paths in the world. Unlike the great noble houses or those deeply rooted in the capital's politics, for the Curzon family, every son beyond the second had to carve out their own destiny, risking their lives in the process.

Thus begins the journey of young Claude, navigating a world where secrets about his own identity slowly come to light. Together, we will follow his adventure as he unravels the mysteries that surround him.

12