Chapter 7 – A Day with Aiden
292 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm 7 years old now.

There isn't much change in my lifestyle.

I practice sword techniques in the morning. If I'm free in the afternoon, I'll investigate my surroundings or play with Aiden on the hill where the huge tree is at.

For a long time, I'd been troubled by my lack of friends, when an opportunity came knocking on my door.

Yeah, I'm talking about Aiden... Though if I'm frank, everything happened so fast that it still hasn't really sunk in yet. But, eh, I guess new friendships can be that way sometimes. Not that I know from personal experience. In any case, I had a little pep to my step ever since our first encounter, and my days were filled with exploring the mountains together and splashing water on each other and sharing a bed and on and on and on... I was seriously blessed.

Before our chance encounter, I'd been slinking around beset by a lingering sense of loneliness, but now, it'd completely dissipated, leaving my heart with nothing but boundless joy

If I go to the huge tree on the hill, I have a high chance of meeting Aiden. Today too I went to play with him.

「Sorry, did you wait very long?」

「No, I just arrived too.」

After saying lines that are similar to those when a couple meet up, we start to play together.

I had also begun to teach him swordsmanship and martial arts too.

In the beginning, Aiden could only swing the wooden sword 5 or 6 times before running out of breath, but in the span of 1 year, his stamina has grown considerably. Even if he practised for 1-2 hours now, he would have no problems with it. Actually, he has almost caught up with me in terms of strength. His growth is so fast its almost frightening.

He is not that proficient with martial arts though.

Even though Aiden struggles with it, he doesn't complain and keeps on training.

That's because he's the one who asked for it.

Aiden, who's furrowing his forehead as he's using my encyclopedia (taken from home), looks really beautiful.

Even a male like myself thinks that way. He will definitely be very popular in the future.

I become a little jealous. I quickly shake my head. No, no. Jealousy has no meaning. Plus, it should always be this strategy.

Ikemen's fishing bait strategy.

With Aiden as the big ikemen and me as the regular dude, women will flock to me, Lalala.

「Hey, Claude. How do you read this?」

As I sing in my mind, Aiden uses his finger to point at the opened page, looking up at me.

It seems he has a hobby of reading. As I have many books in my household, I occasionally bring some so he may read them.

When we are done with this we play until it gets dark and then go home. This has been our routine since the last year. Looking over the question he asked me I answer him.

「That's 『Snow avalanche』.」

「What does it mean?」

「It refers to a huge quantity of snow that has been gathered on a slope. When the slope is unable to sustain its own weight, it collapses. During the winter, there's snow that occasionally drops from the rooftop right? This is the bigger sized version.」

「Is that so... Amazing. Have you seen it before?」

「Snow Avalanche? Of course... not.」

Though I hope I can see it in the future. Thinking so, I let Aiden study the textbook. It was then I noticed.

「Hm?」

Suddenly, the rain started to drizzle down.

I turn my head upwards. The skies have already been covered with dark clouds.

The next moment, heavy rain starts to fall.

Usually, I pay close attention to the weather to ensure that we could reach home before it rains, but I was careless today.

「Ah—- ah, this rain is really heavy.」

It was then I heard Aiden complaining as he looked up in the sky.

「I hate rain! We can't play whenever it happens and it becomes sticky and weird. I can't even enjoy the fresh air properly. Why does it even rain in the first place?」

「Well, we're already wet so nothing we can do about that. Besides, the crops won't grow if they don't receive rainwater. Anyways let's go or we might catch a cold.」

We run towards the Curzon household while we talk. It's because Aiden's home is very far away.

「I'm back」

「S-sorry for disturbing.....」

As I enter the gate, I see an old maid with a big towel standing at the door.

「Welcome back, Young master Claude... and your friend. Hot water has been prepared. Before you catch a cold, please go up to the 2nd floor and dry your bodies. Master and Madam will be back soon, and I need to help them prepare. Are you fine by yourself?」

「No problem.」

The maid probably predicted that we would come back wet from the heavy rain. Even though she doesn't speak much, especially towards me, she's definitely a capable maid. Even if I don't tell her, she still takes another big towel out as she sees Aiden.

We take off our shoes and walk barefooted, drying our hair and feet while climbing to the 2nd floor.

As soon as I enter the room, I see a huge barrel containing hot water. From what I have read noble families usually have bathtubs or showers in them for washing and bathing, but never mind showers, there isn't even the culture of bathtubs in our household, only using this barrel of water to rub and wash my body is what I have been doing since I was small.

Well, for me, this is enough.

「Hm?」

As I strip naked, Aiden seems to be fidgeting around while blushing.

「What's wrong? If you don't take off your clothes, you will catch a cold, right?」

「EH? Mmm, mm....」

But Aiden still doesn't move. Is he shy when taking his clothes off in front of others...

Or does he not know how to take off his clothes by himself?

「Here, raise your hands.」

「But... Erm....」

I let Aiden raise both of his hands and take his shirt off.

His white skin without any muscle tone is revealed before me. When I try taking his pants off, he grabs my hands.

「N-no...」

Is he feeling bashful of being seen by others?

I was the same when I was young. But my mother made me bath even after my resistance. He will get used to it sooner or later.

But Aiden's hands are cold. If this drags on, he will really catch a cold.

I forcefully take hold and pull on his pants.

「S...Stop...」

As I reach for his underwear, he hits me on the head.

Aiden glares at me in tears as I look up.

「I won't laugh at you...or wait....don't tell me you swing that way? If that's the case then I am very sorry I can't reciprocate your feelings.」

「N-not about that... N-NO.....,!!」

He is refusing earnestly. This is the first time I have seen him rejecting so much.

I feel a little shocked.

Is it something like that, a rule where a person cannot be seen naked other than their family members? I am not really familiar with the norm of the outside world after all.

If it's something like that, then it's not good to forcefully strip him.....

「I got it, I got it. Then you must promise. You need to change afterwards. Wet underwear is really uncomfortable, and if you get too cold, you might hurt your stomach.」

「Okay.......」

I let my hand go, and Aiden nods in tears.

He's really cute. I really want to be on good terms with this cute kid.

Suddenly, I feel like playing a prank on him in my heart.

Isn't it unfair that I'm completely nude?

「An opening!」

I pull down his underwear in one stroke.

Go!! The naked pendulum!

「E.....i. Nooo!」

Aiden screams.

The next instant, he covers his body. At that moment, what entered into my eyes was the commonly seen pure short sword. I laugh while rolling on the floor while pointing my finger at him.

「HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.」

He probably became angry after that as he started splashing the water in the barrel at me. I did the same while holding onto his underwater and swinging it in the air. Both of us were laughing. The floor also became wet but we couldn't care less. That is until-

「 Master Claude, what are you doing....」

I vigorously snap my head back. The old maid is standing there. When did she come? Did she run after she heard the scream?

I don't move a muscle. She doesn't move either.

Aiden collapses into a heap at the side, completely naked.

And my hands are holding onto his underwear.

My cute baby boy is exerting its ferocious youth. I have already gone into a situation beyond explanation.

「P-please take your time, Young master Claude. M-master and Madam will accept you no matter what your preferences may be.....I h-hope.」

Saying so she closes the door with her face bright red.

Both me and Aiden become silent and the silence continues.

The underwear from my hand drops onto the floor.

There's heavy rain outside, but I can only hear the underwear quietly falling.

◆◇◆◇◆

The next day onwards, Aiden grew a bit wary of me.

He openly avoids it, especially when it concerns any physical contact.

I really felt a little shocked since he was so obedient in the past.

「I can do it on my own.」

「Is that so. Then let's practice sword swings today.」

「Okay.」

I straightened out my expression and hid my emotions. Aiden only has me as his friend, so he can only play with me. Even though he has some reservations about me, he's still willing to play with me.

So I'll just let it be today.

◆◇◆◇◆

The next day I reached the huge tree too early. Aiden's not here yet.

I usually bring a wooden sword along with me and wipe my body before I come here, but I'm full of sweat right now. What should I do? I have no choice. I should start practising in my mind. I swing my wooden sword in my mind, doing combat.

I don't know when my grip suddenly turned weak. The sword slips out of my hand.

「Guuh.....」

The sword lands where Aiden is at. He then picks it up and hands it over to me. While taking the wooden sword I look at him and he seems weirdly excited.

「W-what's wrong Aiden...?」

Aiden looks at me, his eyes wild. It's like he was waiting for me to ask this question from him. He then gives a little fake cough and says in a teasing manner-

「Do you really want to know?」

「Yes.」

「Like, really really?」

「Yes, really really.」

「Hehe, but am I gonna tell you?」

Saying so he starts to laugh. This guy he is doing this on purpose isn't he?

「Very well then. I don't want to know.」

I answered in a completely uninterested tone. I mean there isn't really much in this village and if there is something out of the ordinary then it will become the talk of the town sooner or later so I don't really need to worry much about that.

「NOOOOOOO! Wait, I am sorry! Listen I will tell you! I swear, I was joking earlier. Come back!」

I turned around and then sat beside him. He had brought a basket of apples that his father had given him. Taking an apple from the pile I asked him while taking a bite.

「So? What did you want to tell me?」

After a few moments of stillness, the wind began to blow and hit both our faces. The sun was still up but it wasn't as hot as compared to the day. The apple tasted even better in such weather. Both of us were relaxed. Then when even that breeze came to halt, Aiden spoke-

「The truth is last night, I saw something fall from the sky!」

10