Chapter 10 – The Black Book
279 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as I touched it, the faint bluish-white light became brighter and started to envelop the entire room. The colour of the light started to change. It started to turn golden-yellowish. I closed my eyes as the glare was too much for my eyes to handle.

I could still, however, make out the moments around me. It looked like the Goblin leader and Goblins were panicking. The Goblin leader then shouted something while pointing at me. It looked very clear that he was trembling with fear.

Sola! Ray soladohtee mee ray Sola Teelamee so fameetee la meetee. Tee sotee meefa mee fa! Fa Fa Fa Fa! Tee someelatee Tee Soteela!! La' sola teeso mee so sotee La teetee La la' mee teesofa Tee Mee Ray Meeraymee Raylatee Someelatee!!!!!

He then quickly turned around and started to leave. No, it was more like it was trying to run away from here as soon as possible.

What the? 

Didn't those guys pray to this or something? And they abandoned it just like that? It wasn't like they were losing too that they had no choice but to run away.

Even though the light was still bright, I was slowly getting accustomed to it.

*Huff**Phoo**Huff**Phoo**Huff**Phoo*

Not good, my breathing was getting uneven and I was feeling lightheaded. Although I could see way better in the light now, it didn't help that my vision was slowly becoming clouded. I am starting to feel nauseous. My sense of balance is also deteriorating. I am becoming more and more anxious and uneasy by every passing second.

I was covering my abdomen with two hands applying pressure to reduce the bleeding as much as possible. Well now that those Goblins were gone, I guess my chances of survival have somewhat increased or so I thought to myself.

「.....I guess......*Huff**Phoo*...I might have the...*Huff**Phoo*...chance of getting resc-」

But before I could finish speaking I coughed up blood.

*Cough**Cough**Cough*

I was feeling very fatigued. I could no longer feel many parts of my body too. The final amount of remaining strength that I had finally left my body and it was starting to become even harder to maintain consciousness. I was about to give up.

In that instant, strange patterns appeared below me and started to shine brightly while churning. As it spun, some weird sand-like substance trickled towards a small vortex in the centre and started to surround me.

What the hell is going on? 

I thought to myself but as I was going to die either way so it didn't matter now or more like I didn't care anymore. Even if the village hunters and soldiers somehow magically arrive right now, my blood loss has already exceeded beyond the point of recovery.

Just when I had given up, my head suddenly started to hurt. It felt like my head would burst any minute now. My body also immediately felt unwell, for the injuries from earlier had started to sear in pain.

Biting down on my teeth, I continued to endure. My blood continued to flow, and the light on the book was becoming brighter and brighter.

After a large amount of time and effort, just when I was about to faint. There was a substantial change to the book, and the golden light had started to wiggle and contract. And from the centre of the page, a tiny vortex had appeared.

Following that, from within the vortex, a golden swirl could be seen. I put great effort to maintain a clear mind, staring intently to the transformation in front of me.

Within the black vortex, a small, round, shiny, black object gradually came out.

I was shocked. But before I could even grasp what was going on, I heard a voice. 

A voice that could not be distinguished between whether it was of a man or women. Had my mind started playing games on me?

With blood as the offering, the Golden Body shall descend!

What's a Golden Body?

I thought to myself while looking around to see if the person whose voice I heard could be seen anywhere. However, I couldn't turn my head too much as it would cause me a great deal of pain. Therefore, my area of vision was limited.

After a while, after the shiny, round thing had fully appeared in front of me, I couldn't help but swallow a mouthful of saliva. No matter how rich my imagination was, I wouldn't have thought that the Golden Body would be like this.

This thing was about 30 cm tall Golden Skeleton, and to think the first thing that came out was this skeleton's skull. The golden skull just floated on top of the book page, sitting crossed legged like it was meditating. Every piece of the bone managed to light up the dome of the cave I was currently trapped in.

The golden vortex on the page slowly began to recede and everything reverted to its tranquil state.

I, who had watched this strange golden skull appear, for a time, did not know how to react. I didn't know what to do after it came out.

Looking at it, I thought there wasn't something right. The Golden Skeleton in front of me had no eyes but I felt like it looked like my own. Although it obviously didn't have any mouth, I could feel that it had a rather depressing aura around it. It then lifted its neck and looked at me. Suddenly, the depressing aura that had been surrounding it was gone. Instead, it felt like it looked delightful. As if it found something that it had been looking for ages.

While all this was happening, the voice from before suddenly spoke again-

Reconstruction of Muscles

The moment he spoke, the sand like structure that had been revolving around me started to come closer to my body.

I was shaking with pain and fear. Something is happening. Something so sinister that even the hideous and scary monsters ran away in fear. This is not good.

Wha- what's happening?

Speck by sand-like speck sunk into my body. The sand acted like minute needles boring through my muscles and drawing blood.

All Sand that touched me pierced my body, with no exception. One or two specks, I could have bear, but a hundred, a thousand... they were beginning to take its toll on me and all this while I could only gnash my teeth.

「AGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!」

I screamed at the top of my lungs. The pain is unbearable, I can't keep going.

I am gonna die. I am gonna die.I am gonna die. I am gonna die.I am gonna die. I am gonna die.I am gonna die. I am gonna die.I am gonna die. I am gonna die.I am gonna die. I am gonna die.I am gonna die. I am gonna die.I am gonna die. I am gonna die.I am gonna die. I am gonna die.

That's the only thing going through my mind right now.

End me, please. Finish me off. I can't take this anymore. What did I do to deserve this? Why am I not dead yet? If there is any God I beg you! Kill me. Kill me please I can't take this anymore. Anyone please kill me and end my suffering!

The pain had become so unbearable that I was practically begging to be killed now.

When the sand's number probably reached millions, my whole body was soaked in blood. And this blood all came from pin-sized holes left behind by the sand speck, akin to a very fine sieve.

Looking closely, the Sand had ruined my muscles, turning them to mush.

「AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!」

Then, my eyes narrowed as I cried out, unable to endure another million specks piercing my skin and muscles.

Even though I had been enduring this agony and screaming all the time. The strange patterns never stopped revolving, feeding my body with the weird Sand like material continuously.

After a while, all my muscles were broken down to the last fragment and the pain started to diminish.

I-It's over?..... It's over, right?

As the pain started to reduce, I felt a sense of relief. It's finally over.

However, that sense of relief could not last for a moment longer when I heard the voice again.

Reconstruction of Bones

Before I could think any further, the Golden Skeleton flew out towards me. Flying past my hand and embedded itself on my chest.

This was a bit of a horror. With a skeleton smashing onto my chest, I cried out and then the skeleton started to emit a fluorescent light and penetrated deep into the pores of my limbs.

Suddenly, pain exploded all over my body, but the pain was not ordinary, but the pain from the depths of the bone! I breathed in painfully; my body bent like shrimp, with waves of cramps.

My whole body's bones shattered at that moment, and I couldn't even lift a finger, for I had no strength. This was not an illusion, if you could see into my body, then you can see my bones being crushed, and next to each crushed bone, there was a layer of gold wrapped around. Continuously repairing the broken bones, but far slower than the damage speed. When the repair was finished, it was crushed again.

Human bones wrap around bone marrow and bone marrow nerve. Any small touch to them can bring great harm. One can only imagine my suffering at this moment.

In my body, not a single bone wasn't shattered.

Even for others, even if their strength was of thousands of times higher than mine, they would have probably fainted now. But I could only feel the pain a thousandfold right now. Something was preventing me from fainting. As if, just as I was about to faint it would heal me but only to the extent where I could remain conscious and no more.

To endure pain longer, I gritted my teeth and shut my eyes close.

◆◇◆◇◆

The moment I closed my eyes, the pain mysteriously vanished. Feeling surprised, I slowly opened my eyes.

What I saw before myself surprised me.

I was greeted by the immense spectacle laid out before my eyes –no, below me –and spat out a shocked gasp in my mind.

Oh, my god...

An army consisting solely of innumerable monsters stretched far beyond the scope of vision below me.

From where I was, all the way to beyond the horizon. Countless monsters completely covered up the ground until there was no uncovered patch left.

In all honesty, that was one hell of a terrifying sight to behold. Just from seeing this, I felt my innards tighten.

Hold on... Where is this place, anyway?

This was a completely foreign landscape that I had never seen before. My eyes could catch the sight of the reddish-brown ground, those strange rocks formations, and then, the great army of monsters standing on top of the said ground.

This disparate gathering of monsters that ignored their ranks and species were busy looking up and waiting for something to happen.

What are they all looking at?

I followed after their gazes and raised my head to the sky above. And then... I discovered it.

Six figures were levitating in the air. Their presence radiated power and dominance. If I didn't see them with my own eyes I would have never believed such existences ever existed.

It was truly a spectacular sight.

But it was then I noticed, that the monsters were gripping their weapons so hard, in fact, their hands were beginning to tremble noticeably, too. On top of that, the emotions filling up the faces of Six levitating figures were as far from the ones of compassion as you could get. No, they were definitely filled with terror.

Woah! What kind of enemy are they facing that even after having such majestic and powerful people on their side, they are still unsure of their victory?

Their collective gazes were focused in a certain direction. And that was somewhere behind me.

A powerful chill ran down my spine immediately. I slowly, agonisingly slowly, turned my head around to take a look.

I was considering the possibility of there being an army just as large, if not larger than the one in front of me. However, the moment I turned around I faced a huge wall.

No, it wasn't just a wall, in exactly middle of the wall there existed a throne and on which sat a being that, even though looked like a human, can't be called one.

Just by being in front of this being subjected me to an incredible pressure that was heavy enough to strangle me. His aura gave a weird feeling. A feeling that he was supreme. That he was absolute and omniscient.

Every single gaze within this battlefield was now looking at only this Supreme Being.

However, it looked like he paid no mind to it. On the contrary, it looked more like he was bored out of his mind while watching the scene unfolding before him.

The Supreme Being glared at the Six figures of the sky, before extending his hand out as if he wanted to grasp something.

Flinch.

As if realizing his intent, I could now see the sight of the Six figures flinch and start to back away in fear. The intolerable stillness that stifled one's breaths pressed down on the shoulders of every single person present here.

And soon...

The Supreme Being's solemn voice shattered that stillness.

Teelamee' Dohsomeela

Ba-thump.Ba-thump.  Ba-thump.Ba-thump.  Ba-thump.Ba-thump.  Ba-thump.Ba-thump.  Ba-thump.Ba-thump.

My heartbeat got louder and faster just then.

I heard the cries of monsters behind me as soon as he said those words and waved his hand in a downwards motion.

I quickly turned around and saw the horrifying scene that appeared before me.

From this corner of the land, all the way to the other side –the corpses of numerous dead monsters had piled up in the blink of an eye.

Ba-thump!!Ba-thump!!  Ba-thump!!Ba-thump!!  Ba-thump!!Ba-thump!!  Ba-thump!!Ba-thump!!

My heart started to loudly beat again.

If this scene was supposed to demonstrate the true pinnacle of his power, then it certainly succeeded in letting me know just how much of a difference was there between us.

Eventually, the Six figures stopped hesitating and began moving again. Explosions rang out constantly, and the ground quaked over and over again. The battle that should have ended as a one-sided massacre reverted to full-on warfare.

Just a single individual had changed everything. Now that was the display of truly shocking power. I didn't know why this scene was being shown to me, but I found himself unable to tear my eyes away from it.

The violent, fierce clash continued.

In an unknown instant... I felt the intolerable pain from before was slowly returning.

◆◇◆◇◆

I opened my eyes. The intolerable had returned and it was greater than before. I screamed again.

「AGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!...」

Such pain-filled my eyes with tears, but I was now nothing more than a pile of mush. And all I could do was lie paralyzed on the ground.

Then again, the unbearable pain slowly became bearable. Transforming into light tickles, then becoming like splashes of cold water. This feeling was like applying a cream, allowing his millions of pores to open and relax.

Just when I thought that this might be the end, I heard the voice again.

Reconstruction of Soul

Dammit! There's more?

I was sweating bullets as I sucked in a deep breath through my gritted teeth.

My smile was wiped away by a wail.

「AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!」

I felt as if thousands of ghosts were assailing me, a pain down to the bottom of my core. It was thousands of times crueller than the previous pain I experienced. But unlike before, when my mind was being made to hold onto its consciousness, the pain was now eating away at my consciousness.

I started to grow weaker.

All this while, the strange patterns never stopped spinning, and the remaining Sand-like material on it was soaked in my blood but I was too far gone to even care. I was hanging by a thread, one that thinned by the second.

The strange patterns spun faster and faster, encompassing everything in it in arcane power.

I was now nearing death, I shut my eyes with a trace of regret, as my life flashed before my eyes.

◆◇◆◇◆

The pain vanished once again.

It felt like I crossed an endless tunnel at a very high speed. I flew past the space filled with nothing but darkness; the light seeping into this space from such a long distance away slammed into me in an instant.

After the blinding by the light dissipated away...I was once again at that eerie place.

I looked at the battlefield once again to know how the battle had played out.

The ensuing battle was truly intense.

Corpses formed mountains. Blood formed oceans.

This conflagration called 'war' created by countless soldiers swallowed up every single lifeform still standing on this land and continued on its horrific path of destruction.

But, even then –this stubbornly persistent battle that didn't seem to end had slowly marched towards its inevitable conclusion.

The Supreme Being was breathlessly panting away as it leaned against a bizarre rock formation. He weakly faltered his head, but then forced himself to look up. He had already suffered grievous wounds and it seemed unlikely he'd be able to survive its injuries.

His shoulders trembled as it painfully cackled before it raised its head again.

The Six figures were now nowhere to be seen. However, it could be seen clearly that the Supreme Being had lost.

He spat out a mouthful of blood. And that was precisely the moment when my gaze met with his staring back at me.

But, how could this be?!

I had already noticed that none of the individuals present here could notice my presence. I tried to touch some of them but I just passed right through their bodies.

But, that doesn't make any sense.

Looking at me the Supreme Being smiled, the look that he had of boredom until now was gone and he started to laugh maniacally. For the first time, he showed a change in expressions. Even at his deathbed, he looked like he didn't care if he died but now he was laughing while looking at me.

He then stopped and spoke while looking at me. He had a rather sad look on his face this time-

I'm sorry...............for bestowing...............such a cruel fate..........upon you......yet again.

Although he could not speak properly, I still understood him. I was surprised for a second there because I thought that I would not be able to understand him as the language he spoke before was different.

His life had ended by then and his body limply toppled to the ground.

What did he say? What did he mean by a 'cruel fate'? Why did he apologize? How could he see me?

The countless questions ran through my mind and I took a step forward to take a closer look at him. However, the moment I did darkness surrounded me at a frightening speed and roused up from the shadows. I couldn't move any further and the pain from before started to return.

◆◇◆◇◆

The pain only lasted for a brief moment though and I did not hear the strange voice again. I felt relieved and it felt like a huge load had been taken off me. I could still feel my blood trickling down on my body but it didn't hurt as much as it did before.

I thought that this might be where I'll die. But then I felt someone was approaching.

「......-de! Cla-..! ..ud..! Tha-... G..d!」

Someone's voice spoke my name. I am rather familiar with the voice but I couldn't make out half the words he was saying. I also couldn't quite put my finger on who it might be, still, somebody has come. I must express my gratitude and thank-

Thinking so, my consciousness cut off.

10