001 – Yeon
105 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“...Mmg…hm?”

Eli sat up, and found himself on a grassy knoll overlooking a wide field. Judging by the sun above him, it was well past midday. The endless greenery of the field was dotted with specks of yellow and purple flowers, and in the distance he could see a small settlement surrounded by stone walls.

A few people were going inside, and even from here he could tell that their clothing was similar to those worn by commoners in the medieval ages. Two armed guards were at the gate, making them place their hands on a strange stone before they were allowed to enter.

“I really did wind up in another world, huh.”

He said that, but there was no surprise in his voice. Everything had already become unrealistic when he met that angel and saw the way he died, so it would have honestly been more surprising if it all turned out to be a dream.

Eli shook his head, and wandered over to a nearby brook. Going into the town would have to wait for now.

He peered at his reflection in the water. His facial features were the same as before except he seemed to have aged down a few years - now he could easily pass for eighteen. For some reason his body also seemed to be more fit and athletic, which was a very welcome change. Even as a young man, doing nothing but desk work all day had been enough to make him weak. A little pudgy too.

After making sure that no one was around, Eli checked his belt. There was a small, inconspicuous bag tied there which he assumed was the Dimensional Pouch. The young man loosened the bag’s strings and checked its contents...

Nothing.

For a second he thought that he had gotten robbed while he was unconscious. It was only when he tried sticking a hand in that several lines entered his mind.

 

[Sheathed dagger.]

[100 silver coins.]

[1 sealed letter.]

 

Oooh, neat!

He focused his attention on the third line and a letter materialized in his hand, and he quickly pulled it out of the Dimensional Pouch.

Putting aside the dagger and currency for the time being, he unfolded the letter with interest.

 

Dear Eli,

Welcome to a new world and a new life. Maybe even a new you? Only time will tell.

This will be the last bit of help we can give you. It would be bad if you didn’t know anything about this place and its common sense, right? So here’s a basic rundown.

The world is called Yerles, and this beautiful little country is named Lucretia. It’s a typical monarchy ruled by the Ventia Royal Family. The nearby small town is called Yeon, which is famous for being a newbie adventurers’ hub thanks to being built on top of a very easy dungeon.

One silver is one hundred coppers. One gold coin is one hundred silvers. Transactions involving large amounts of gold coins are dealt with in banknotes. The money you have should be enough to get you a decent set of equipment and a few nights at the local inns.

The Adventurer’s Guild is in the center of town, just make something up if they ask where you’re from. Hmm, I can’t really think of anything else, so figure the rest out on your own.

Good luck,

Attendant 3154 and the rest of the Reincar-Station staff.

Eli felt a small sense of loss. It was something he was already aware of, but seeing it spelled out so clearly hit him hard.

He was on his own now.

Taking great care to memorize the information in the letter, Eli then ripped it into tiny pieces and dropped it into the brook. It would be impossible to explain that letter if someone else got ahold of it, so better to destroy it now. When he was done, he finally set his sights on Yeon.

That place would be the start of his journey.

But what would he be journeying towards, exactly? Eli had been thrust into this situation so suddenly that he hadn’t even had time to reflect on what he wanted out of this new life of his.

It didn’t take long for him to organize his priorities. He was a simple man who had always been in touch with his desires, so it wasn’t difficult.

I want to live a long and exciting life. That may be an oxymoron, however I refuse to be a baker or something else mundane. I took the ‘safe’ route in my previous life and look where that got me. My starting gifts and Title System should make me a pretty good adventurer, right? So that’s what I’ll do! I’ll get strong, amass riches, and enjoy this life however I please. Then maybe when I’m tired of that I’ll find a cute elf or beastgirl wife and settle down somewhere quiet.

Just the thought of exploring this brand new world, occasionally casting spells like a wizard straight out of myths, was enough to get him excited.

With renewed confidence and eagerness, Eli began walking towards the town.

4