Chapter 2: “Mom? Dad?” (revised traslation)
278 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The warmth of a home

 

Then I saw a young man and woman!, the first thing I thought was "who of my grandchildren are they?" while trying to remember I looked at the details.

 

The woman was an exotic beauty!, with snow-white hair, if I had to describe her in a few words I would say that She was the beautiful daughter of an Indian chief from the old cowboy movies.

 

However when I looked more closely I saw that she was everything except a damsel that needs to be saved, her figure emanated a comforting force.

 

I was stunned, but immediately the man next to her caught my attention, he was the living incarnation of a Viking!.

 

Shiny black hair almost like obsidian, a robust figure but well provided that emanated power, however the happy smiles that both gave me were totally out of place with their appearance.

 

Suddenly the man spoke "son you do not know how happy it makes us know you're okay!", followed by the woman "we were so worried! You were infected by the plague! There was no guarantee that you would live! Thanks to the great spirit!", "What?", I was dumbfounded, maybe they are side effects of anesthetics and medications.

 

But looking more closely I realized that everything was too real to be a hallucination, and when I thought that they claimed to be my mother and father "Mma-Mma Ppa-Ppa", my mouth by itself let out those words.

 

Hearing those attempts at words they looked at me with wide eyes almost resembling plates, suddenly both jumped with emotion, the young man put a triumphant pose with his muscular right arm raised and clenching his fist.

 

While the young woman jumped on to hugging him with arms and legs laughing happily "he speaks! our son spoke!", the woman shouts, the man could not contain himself anymore, he kissed the woman on the lips and began to laugh wildly "he is healthy, our son is recovered! Thank the gods!".

 

While he was jumping and spinning with the young woman still hanging from him, the great scandal they were causing caught the attention of other people, an older man and woman entered the store asking what that scandal was.

 

The young woman got up with and I jump up and hug the older woman, "mother! Lif spoke! Just said, Mom and Dad!", the young man took the older man by the shoulder with his left arm "Chief Rock! Lif is healed! I really speak! Daddy and Mom called Ivina and me!".

 

The older man and woman were stunned looking at me for a few seconds before reacting "by the great spirit! Erik your son has healed!", the older man shouted as he held the young man's shoulders with both hands and stared at me.

 

The older woman began to sob while hugging the younger woman "Ivina, Erik! I'm so happy for both of them!", the younger woman also began to sob while hugging the older woman, then the younger man wrapped them both in a big hug "the gods have heard our prayers Ivina, boss Rurina".

 

And also I saw him shed tears from his eyes, the older man stared at them for a few seconds, then he approached and took me in his arms, I could feel a dignified and sublime aura emanating from him, it was different from the aura that the young man emanated, which emphasized his strength.

 

I could feel it dangling from the older man's hands and I was closely examined by his deep black eyes, "oh great spirit! thank you for listening to our prayers, for bringing happiness back to my daughter and her husband", she said in a grateful tone as she lifted me higher.

 

Finally, when everyone calmed down they deposited me in what appeared to be a small wooden crib covered with animal skins and several layers of fabric on top.

 

Several people had passed by the store and had stood in front of the crib staring at me while muttering something that I could not understand, while those who seemed to be my father and my mother remained seated on several cushions of cloth embraced and looking at me proudly.

 

Apparently, the name of the young man was Erik and he was a foreigner in these lands, the young woman had the name Ivina and was the daughter of the chiefs of the tribe, among all the bustle of the visits I could hear several things and mentally constructed a general panorama of my situation.

 

The place where I was was the village of the "Gray Wolves" tribe and it seems my parents were the strongest people in the tribe.

 

My father was a powerful foreign warrior and my mother was the most skilled hunter of the whole tribe and the Gray Wolves seemed to be quite friendly with foreigners as they welcomed my father with open arms.

 

When strangers finally stopped coming I was picked up by Erik, despite the fierce appearance he was in fact quite cheerful and sentimental.

 

He looked at me deeply with his blue eyes as she smiled, Ivina who looked like she went to prepare a tea, came back and laid her head on Erik's shoulder.

 

She gave me a gentle look while saying "you really are a beautiful and lucky boy", began to hum a gentle melody while Erik's rough hand caressed my forehead, despite being in a totally unknown situation for me, the presence of both gave me a feeling of security and comfort.

 

There is not much to do except facing the current reality, after thinking about it while Erik gently rocked me to the rhythm of Ivina's melody.

 

I concluded that I was reincarnated, how, when, and where?, I do not know, unlike fantasy novels I did not receive any help or information.

 

Strangely I seem to remember with great clarity a lot of information from my past life, even small details that undoubtedly in a normal situation I would have forgotten due to the natural deterioration of memory.

 

From the knowledge I have, I came to the conclusion that Erik is undoubtedly something similar to a Viking, except for his clothes that were obviously made in the style used by the other members of the Gray Wolves tribe.

 

His physical features are undoubted of the Nordic style from my previous life, prominent physique, well developed as would be expected of a warrior, a good stature, fair complexion, light eyes, and black hair, with the sides of the head almost shaved and a tail braided behind.

 

Ivina is similar to what the North American aborigines would be, even the style of their clothing, their physique also corresponds, as would be expected of a hunter, she is thin and light steps, with sun-tanned skin, medium height.

 

The only thing out of place is his snow-white hair and purplish eyes, Grandfather Rock is Ivina's father and chief of the tribe, Grandmother Rurina is the Rock's wife and Ivina's mother.

 

And my new name is Lif, at the moment I don't know if I have middle names or last names, why the body did not answer me is because I am currently in the body of a child of approximately 1-year-old, I can barely control some awkward movements of arms and legs, basically.

 

The only thing I have total control over is my eyes and apparently, I had contracted a deadly disease that left my body on the threshold of life and death, for some reason that is unknown to me my consciousness moved to this body.

7