Chapter 32: “Night Commotion”
40 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend

 

I received an accurate picket on the back of my right arm, it was an attack at an impossible angle, still, the point of one of the whips had pierced my leather armor and had dug into the muscles of my right arm, I jumped back while sheathing my swords, then I covered the wound with my left hand, "You move well-child, but that alone will not be enough to fight me", Toria said with a laugh, I already understood, Toria was able to control the movement of the whips at will as they were mithril, now he understood the nature of the strange wounds he had seen in the beastmen.

 

 

I applied a small bandage with a mixture of medicinal herbs that I had prepared myself, He must not underestimate Toria, he was quite skilled at controlling his mithril whips so he had to be extremely attentive to her movements; When Toria saw that I had finished bandaging my wound, she returned to a fighting stance, he had a sadistic smile on his mouth, probably the type of people who are addicted to fights, a traditional approach would be of no use so I clenched my fists and assumed the pose of a mixed martial arts fighter.

 

"So your strength is in hand-to-hand combat, I see that explains Orlan's injuries", said Toria and launched himself into the attack again, this time the whip movements were much faster and savage, I started to roll, jump, and do cartwheels leaning on my arms from left to right again and again to avoid attacks, the time had come to take advantage of my great agility, which made Toria become impatient and ordered the escorts to intervene, "You are very annoying, kill him at once we do not have time for this" ordered Toria furious and the four escorts launched the attack.

 

I anticipated the first one and landed several blows reinforced with magic, I could feel the crackle of a man's ribs being broken from the blows, for the last blow I charged the rune with electrical magic in my gauntlets and was shaken by the discharge effectively knocking him out; the other three surrounded me but the one who approached from the front I sent him to fly backward with a frontal kick, I dodged turning on my heel to the one who approached from the left throwing a stab and I can't anticipate my reaction colliding with his partner who was approaching from my right side.

 

Before they could regain their composure, I threw a fierce blow to the windpipe of the one who had approached from the right, knocking him out of action, and then grabbed the remaining one by the armpits using him as a human shield to avoid the attacks that Toria had launched, the escort was nearly beheaded when the tips of both whips struck his throat, fatally wounding him, It was now or never, while the whips recoiled I activated my concentration magic, physical reinforcement magic, and magic armor, then I launched myself frontally against Toria who opened her eyes wide in surprise at my attack.

 

Toria tried to jump back but managed to land a direct blow to her stomach, which made her cough up blood, I threw myself directly at her again but threw her left whip in my face which managed to distract me for a second, Then she took with her left hand her necklace that began to glow and suddenly Toria disappeared in front of me, "transfer magic !!!" I said almost cursing, shit! managed to escape! His men were stunned at what they had just seen, "He almost managed to beat Lady Toria !!!", "He's a monster", I could hear them mutter among themselves, while they were distracted I took the opportunity to rummage through my backpack and took out some familiar jars.

 

I couldn't kill Toria but I can still assure the leaders of the other group that tried to attack Vinicius's organization, "Kill the bastard !!!", "don't let him escape" shouted Toria's men, "I'm sorry gentlemen, but I intend to die very old !!!" I said in a mocking tone and threw a small jar of clay at the crowd of men, a small gift, an explosive grenade, a fierce explosion occurred in front of the crowd, take the chance and take me the whip that Toria threw at me, I immediately turned around and ran in the direction of the two shadows that are being held as prisoners, everyone was confused with what just happened and I could hear the cries of pain from the injured.

 

I threw another vial in front, but it was not an explosive grenade, to break through I threw a roaring grenade into the crowd in front of me, I closed my eyes and covered my ears, an explosion and screaming, enough to break through, against common thugs the effectiveness of flashbang grenades is much higher, draw my swords as I ran among the blinded thugs, I cut and stabbed my way until I finally reached where the two shadows were being held by six thugs, confused by what had just gone through the attacks fiercely, I quickly dispatched them and I was finally able to reach the two shadows when I looked at them carefully I could see that they were a man and woman beasts and both looked very young.

 

Taking advantage of the confusion I quickly examined them, the young man had suffered serious chest injuries and lost a lot of blood, the young woman had many small wounds on her arms and legs but her condition was not dangerous, the young man was barely able to stay conscious, the young woman looked at me with a mixture of fear, curiosity, and expectation, there was no time to lose, I sheathed my swords and from my backpack, I took out a small sack that contained a large number of metal caltrops and handed them to the young woman in her hands, which caused her to look at me with great confusion, so I said "sorry", I took her by the waist and put her on my shoulder, I did the same with the young man and sprinted towards the dark alleys of the South Quadrant.

 

At first, the woman protested weakly but realizing it was either that or death I heard her say subtly "thank you", using body reinforcement magic I could charge them both smoothly and with my concentration magic I could keep my balance even if running on a rope, however, the pursuers were many and in a short time it would begin to dawn and there will be no place to hide, so I made my way to one of the inlets of the city's sewer system, as it has several levels there I would have a better chance of losing my pursuers.

 

"When we get to the next crossroads empty the contents of that bag" I yelled as I kept running, "YES!" The young woman answered me, after running through the alleys of several blocks I finally managed to reach the entrance of the sewer system, I let the young woman off my shoulder as she looked at me curiously, then carefully lower the young man, searching in my backpack I got a potion of regeneration, "Give him this potion to drink" I told the young woman, then look for some little tools that you recently bought, a set of wires and picks, I quickly began unlocking the latches of the bars that closed the access to the sewers.

 

After opening the locks on the bars, enter with the young man in your arms, the woman had drunk her own potion and was able to stand up on her own, I closed the gate locks again to mislead the pursuers, then I felt the edge of a sword close to my neck, "I don't know who you are or what clan you belong to, thanks for the help but I can't trust you" said the young woman, "Without my help, they will not get far, in the end, they will just end up catching them again" I answered raising both hands in the air, "Maybe but I prefer to risk it" the young woman replied, "Without my help, you will not be able to save him, his wounds are already beyond what simple potions can heal" I answered again, "No brother!" exclaimed the young woman.

 

"If you let me help you I can save him, I'm pretty good at treating wounded", I said decisively as I slowly turned around cautiously, I pulled the hood that covered my head and loosened my shemagh, by showing him my features I hoped to gain his trust, "now you know who I am, I will not be able to hide", I said calmly, "What's your clan?" the young woman asked, "I don't belong to any clan, I'm just an ordinary mercenary", I said as I slowly showed him my nameplate, "That is impossible, a simple mercenary would not be able to attack a large organization in that way" replied the young woman, "that's true, but I'm not alone in this", I said confidently.

 

Seeing that the young woman lowered her sword, I took the initiative and lifted the young man off the ground, "We must move, they will soon get here", I said while carrying a young man on my back and then we went into the dark tunnels.

3