Chapter 5. Preparation For A Journey (Part 1)
1k 9 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We prepared various things such as weapons (mostly Elf's arrows) and supplies ahead of time for our preparation to leave the territory this morning.

And my friends came TOO EARLY this morning to my family's mansion warehouse to help me to carry these items to the carriage.

"Hey ..." (Unknown)

"..." (All of them)

"Hey, all of you." (Unknown)

And I cannot tsukkomi them for this silly act of them because they all ignoring me like a very sulky tsundere waifu.

"... *yawn" (Unknown)

“Hmm… Root vegetables, spices, and meat… Wait. Why are more root vegetables and fresh meats brought in than jerky and hard bread? " Ask Female Knight.

"This would feed us better than those foods." (Unknown)

"But it's difficult when serving it, Unknown. And what if there is an emergency? " Said Female Knight, worried.

"I know. However, we're going with the merchants, so we don't really need to think about emergencies situation. If you worry about the practicality of serving this food, that's not necessary. We are beginners, none of us have ever left the territory and we are not used yet to eating those preserved foods. You can get sick on the way. " (Unknown)

"Even so..." (Female Knight)

“Ok-ok. We have discussed this long ago and at that time we have handed over all responsibility regarding supplies to Unknown." Cut out, Princess. “Unknown knows better than us about provision because his family has the experience, do you remember? Besides, these foods are also not easily spoiled and our journey is not so far that it requires us to have provisions with a lot of preserved foods." He said while directing his gaze back to the Female Knight.

"Still ..." (Female Knight)

Princess then gave me the signal.

Sigh ...

“Look, look, Fem! This is the custom ax I talked about!" I exclaimed with a happy tone and then I showed my ax to him. 

“Oohhh!! Your custom-made ax!?“ (Female Knight)

You make me sound that I actually made this ax. Whatever.

"Is this ax really finished?" Asked Female Knight.

"Yeah. Feel free to hold it."  (Unknown)

"You have my gratitude!" He accepted it happily then studied the ax like children who had just received a new toy.

Arguing with the Female Knight won't end if we don't take the initiative to change the topic he's talking about. So I had to show my new ax to him so he could stop whining.

"Hmm ..." Female Knight was still closely observing the ax.

" *yawn ... How is it?" I asked him while scratching my stomach.

"This ax is all black and it's heavier than my sword." Female knight commented while bouncing the ax slightly up and down.

"At first glance, it looks like an ordinary ax, but on closer inspection, it looks firmer and tends to be more functional." Elf tried to comment too while examining the ax from the tip of the ax head to the bottom. “Was it for this ax handle you asked him to use ebony wood?” He continued.

“I don't know. I just asked that old man to make the handle using a dark-colored wood and it didn't make the iron ax rust easily.” (Unknown)

“Rust? Is that even possible? I mean, can wood even make iron rust?” Ask Elf, curious.

Ah, sh*t I talk too much because of my drowsiness. Well, this is modern knowledge and they don't know the pH problem in wood. And If I explain it will take a lot of time.

Just ignore him then.

“And this side … is this for hammering?” Ask Elf, again.

" *yawn .... Huh? Yeah ... I asked the blacksmith's old man to make a hammer-like design too on the other side without making it too much like the hammer we usually know." (Unknown)

“That’s a good idea.” Praise Elf.

"How do I look?" Female Knight made a fighting pose with my ax.

"You look more manly." (Princess)

"Yeah.", "That's, right." (Beastkin & Elf)

"Really?" Female Knight seemed happy to be praised by the three of them.

"I think I subconsciously also interested in using axes rather than swords like Unknown." Said Female Knight while looking back at my ax then slowly swinging the ax a few times.

Woosh, wooosh,

BUKK!!

He accidentally hit this warehouse wall.

"Opps ... Sorry." (Female Knight)

"That's 5 silvers," I said while stretching out my palms to him.

"Hey!" (Female Knight)

Female Knight, Princess, and Beastkin, the three of them were sword users. It's just the two of us, Elf and I who don't use the sword as our main weapon. Elf use arrows and bow as you may have guessed. He dedicated himself to his expertise in archery to be able to smooth his plans to have an Elf wife.

"You go back to basics again when you switch to the ax. Your swordsmanship training that you've been learning until now will be in vain." (Unknown)

"I know, but you learned swordsmanship too, right? I only thought of my second weapon besides this knife." He patted the belt filled with knives on his waist. "Besides the ax, what else do you have?" Asked the Female Knight to me.

"Hatchet." I then showed him my hatchet, this is the smaller version of the ax.

"Eh? Another ax…." (Female Knight)

"Unknown's love for axes can't be matched. Looks like we should change his nickname to Axeman" (Elf)

Ugh ... what else can I do? I don't get along with knives. It was too light for me, so I chose this little ax as a secondary weapon. But it's not like I completely reject the weapon called a knife. I also brought the knife, but I brought a knife specifically for throwing (Throwing Knife). I brought that eight sets.

Previously, I wanted to choose the short sword as the second weapon, but I didn't like the lack of concealment. I can easily hide the hatchet as a weapon to surprise the enemy as well as an emergency weapon.

And one more thing, this weapon is quite heavy, I like it. When I hold it and swing it, this weapon really feels like it has more damage.

"Ok. Shall we now discuss where we're going?" Princess spread out the map on the table and he invited us to discuss where we were going.

"So, where are we planning to go?" Continued him.

Actually, there's no point in us discussing "Where are we going?" thing like this by laying out a map, because our destination can be ascertained the same as the traveling merchant group because we follow them to the town, as well as being an escort.

I mean, we're practically hitchhiking.

Apart from traveling merchants who come to our territory every month to sell clothes and other expensive goods, there are also merchants from our territory who want to sell raw materials, furs, and some other our territory special products to the town.

Well, since it's the first time for us to go to a town like this, there's no harm in getting a little excited, right?

To Be Continued

100% Accuracy and Grammatically Correct Not Guaranteed. Revisions, Corrections, and Edits Are Periodically Done. Corrections, Critics, and Suggestions Are Welcome, So Don't Hesitate to Leave Comments. Don't Forget To Bookmark and Favorite If You Enjoyed It. Thanks

18