Chapter 16. Rijeka Town (Part 1)
292 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few moments later it was our group's turn to be examined.

Merchants and Casey's Party gave parchments that showed their identities to the gatekeepers because they already had that identity stuff, their process was smooth, fast and they didn't have to pay an entrance fee.

When it's our turn, considering that we had no identification, we were asked where we came from, our names, etc. for recording purposes, and we were charged an entrance fee.

We then paid an entrance fee and were then given brief information about the town, such as the curfew starting at what time and what not to do in the town, and stuff like that.

“…”

The gatekeepers looked exhausted. I don't know if they stayed up late too or was it because so many people wanted to enter the town till he even bothered to take off his helmet.

We were then allowed to enter the town.

“…”

First impression about Rijeka Town?

It's rustle and bustle and ...

"It's stink!" (Female Knight)

"You stink too, Fem." (Elf)

“…” Beastkin nodded in agreement.

“Maybe because it's in the town? Because of the town walls, the air here is quite trapped. " (Princess)

"..."

"Thank you, Casey, for the escort. This is my signature. "

One of the traveling merchants gave a parchment to Casey. A sign of completing an escort mission?

"T-thank you. I apologize for what my party members did when there were bandits and wolves before … Buhh! Five Star!? Is it okay for you to give me this so much rating, sir?!” (Casey)

“Hahaha, it's okay. Well, to be honest, I hope you guys don't do that stupid thing again. I will stay in Rijeka for a few weeks and get back again for traveling. I will rely on you again. " (Travelling Merchant)

"You still want to hire us, sir?" (Casey)

"Of course. People rarely bury strangers without getting anything in return nowadays, let alone bury bandits. You are good people." (Travelling Merchant)

"But we have endangered you ..." (Casey)

"I told you it's okay or… you don't want me to hire you?" (Travelling Merchant)

"… No. I don't mean that, sir. We want this job, right? ” Casey shifted his gaze to the members of his party and they nodded.

“Good. Later, one of my employees will tell you more information about the time we depart. Though, we have something to take care of first." (Travelling Merchant)

"We plan to stay at the "Ami The Half-Elf" Inn. Please visit us whenever you want, sir." (Casey)

I found Elf flinch after hearing that.

"Good. Oh, how about you?” The Traveling Merchant then shifted his gaze to Our Territory Merchant.

“We will stay and do some business in Rijeka Town for a while and get back to our territory, but we haven't decided when we will return. You are the same, right? " Explained Our Territory Merchant and then he looked to us.

"We want to register as an Adventure here, though." (Unknown)

"Oh, that's right." (Our Territory)

"Ah, I just remembered about that. Alright, I hope we will all meet again someday. I wish you all good health. Then, I'll take my leave first. Casey? " (Traveling Merchant)

“…” Casey nodded

"I'll also take my leave. Take care of yourself. " (Our Territory Merchant)

"Yes, sir." (Answer the five of us)

Then all merchants left.

"So what are you doing now. Do you want me to help you find an inn or go to the Adventure Guild? ” (Casey)

"I think we want to take a little walk first to explore the town. We don't want to trouble you, Casey. " (Unknown)

"Alright then. If you need help, come to the "Ami the Half-Elf" inn, okay? " (Casey)

"Yeah, we will remember that." (Unknown)

"Casey, is the innkeeper a half-elf?" (Elf)

Oh, looks like Elf's curiosity is starting to booting up.

"Huh? Eh… many people say that. I guess that's true. "(Casey)

"The innkeeper is male or female?"

Eh? Are you serious, Elf? Even if she's a female, your age will be much different. Are you still okay with that?

"Well, if it's about that you just try to ask the employee directly. You will believe what they say more than me … Oh, do you want to come with us?" (Casey)

"…" Elf nod.

Elf! You want to do it right now!?

"Hahaha. Alright, Let's go. " (Casey)

"You don't mind, do you?" (Elf)

The four of us looked at each other.

I looked at Princess, Princess nodded. I then looked at Female Knight and Beastkin. The two of them also nodded, giving their approval.

“Yeah, it's okay. Just pretend you're also helping us find some suitable lodging." (Unknown)

"Thanks!" (Elf)

"Casey, please take care of him," (Princess)

"Yeah, it’s easy." (Casey)

“Wait, Elf. We'll gather again at Casey's inn. Wait for us there, Ok?” (Unknown)

“Okay.” (Elf)

“…” We then nodded.

"Alright. Let's go! " Exclaimed Casey to his party members and Elf.

“"Oh!"”  They all raise their hands above all and then they then leave.

“…”

"So ... what we do now? " (Princess)

“Stick to the plan. Let's split up. You and  Female Knight go to the Adventure Guild, gather some information and register first, while Beastkin and I will be wandering around the town, as well as looking for suitable lodgings, etc. Do you mind? ” (Unknown)

“Nah, I'm good.”(Princess)

"Me too." (Beastkin)

"Hey, if I meet The Real Female Knight in this town, can I do something like Elf earlier?" (Female Knight)

"Dismiss." (Unknown)

To Be Continued

100% Accuracy and Grammatically Correct Not Guaranteed. Revisions, Corrections, and Edits Are Periodically Done. Corrections, Critics, and Suggestions Are Welcome, So Don't Hesitate to Leave Comments. Don't Forget To Bookmark and Favorite If You Enjoyed It. Thanks

13