Chapter 25. Alright, Alright. Just Eat, Dear.
205 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Gomenasai for the delay :p

Is this how it feels when we lose our own game?

Because of this, I was reminded of when China blocked the live streaming of the match between AlphaGo vs Ke Jie because Ke Jie lost.

I lost the rock paper scissors game with them.

Even though I introduced that game.

Why can I be defeated by them?

And Female Knight ...

Sigh ...

I know that sometimes he likes to be sneaky, and likes to involve the people around him to solve the problems that happen to him so his problem can quickly & completely be resolved.

He seemed to want to use all his resources to avenge the actions of a group of men who suddenly attacked him and Princess by dragging the three of us, but to make it look natural, he hid a few things.

Let's debunked a little.

There are oddities in the story even though attacks such as ambush are sometimes unexpected and sometimes beyond human reason.

They were attacked in the afternoon.

In the middle of the town’s streets and not on the alley.

Isn't there anyone there at all?

Are there no town guards or patrolmen to intervene in their fight?

If either of them existed, the problems of the two of them would have already stopped there and finished, and Female Knight didn't have to be so "excited" like that so he had to drag all of us around to solve this problem.

Yeah even though they also need to tell us just in case. But yeah, if he could sort things out on his own, the things he did earlier were not really necessary in my view.

Well ...

Female Knight wanted to know where that mysterious man lived, but the place where that mysterious man lived was the same as the inn we chose to stay in ... Ami The Half-Elf.

And yeah, I can say that the problem is resolved.

Very funny.

But it that doesn't mean the mapping of Rijeka Town must cancelled. The operation doesn't even started yet. We still need that.

"..."

While I'm in the first floor, maybe I wanna loosen a little bit, huh? And just tell the inn employee to bring food and drink for Beastkin and Princess to the top floor.

How many tips do I need to give? Is 1 copper coin enough? Does tipping culture exist in this world?

I'll just look at their menu first, maybe? As reference. If there is food that can be bought with 1 copper coin, I will use it as a tip for the staff who will deliver the food upstairs.

Well, whatever.

Oh, yeah how about the chaos that Female Knight and that mysterious man made on the 1st floor. I can't wait to see it.

I then went down the stairs to the 1st floor.

“…”

Wow.

When I first came here this evening and seeing the torches hanging on the walls of the inn, I'm a little pessimistic that they can light the entire room really well. But what I see now, the lighting in here is pretty decent.

Well, even though it's not as bright as modern lights on Earth, maybe the luminance is the equivalent of a light bulb? But this is enough.

As long as you don't read something very often in this lighting condition.

Yeah, it can make your eyes quickly damaged.

Well, even with simple lighting like this, compared to modern lamps, a torch like this is the minimum used for lighting at the inn.

But in the house of the commoners or peasants, when the night came, they can only live in the dark at their house and that has become commonplace and they are used to it because they very rarely own things like that in their home because those things are very expensive.

And even if they can afford them, they can't keep buying fuel to light them because it also costs money.

Candle?

Let alone that, as for the cheapest candles made of smoky and smelly animal fat, many people cannot afford them, it was as expensive as a torch too.

Candles are most often only used by churches, especially large and rich churches. And I heard that even the type of candle they using is not smoky and smelly like a candle in general people usually use.

They often use it for ceremonies and stuff like that.

Nobles and wealthy merchants also use this type of candle for the chandelier in their house. However, if the low-ranking noble are like my family, we only use candles when there are big events.

"..."

Indeed, sometimes there are commoners who don't want to be dark at home, using alternative lighting that more cheaper or even free.

I want to dump some info a little bit.

Hearths, rushlights, torches, oil lamps, and candles were the main sources of lighting in this world. Fuel in a hearth would likely have been wood, charcoal, dried seaweed, or peat. The kitchen fire may have helped to illuminate parts of a dwelling and, for some one-room spaces, may have been the only illumination.

Torches could have been made from faggots of wood or a single stick or reed. Small to large faggots of twigs were sometimes used, and there are some naturally occurring candle type substances such as candlewood from bogs.

Oil lamps could have been as simple as a wick stuck into a container of fuel using animal fat fuels such as tallow or plant oil in their natural oil forms. These oils also could have been made into candles.

And Rushlight? This is the easiest. You just have to find the Rush plant, dry it and you can make it as the lighting in the house like a candle.

How do they light the fire, you ask? There are no matches or Z*ppo lighters here in this world, right? Did they light it by rubbing two stones together like prehistoric people did?

Yes and no.

But the solution is easy.

You just light the fire with someone else's fire they've lit, and the problem is over.

Yeah, although sometimes if you're unlucky, you must light the fire by yourself (yeah, like prehistoric people did) if your neighbor haven't lit their fire, and usually if you always using someone else fire to lit your fire, you can also get yelled at by your neighbor.

"..."

The first floor used by this inn is used as a place to receive guests and a place to eat. So lots of tables and chairs are here.

But I saw no trace of chaos created by Female Knight and that mysterious man. The tables and chairs here are neither damaged nor overturned.

Weird.

And the guests at the dining venue also looked very normal and enjoyed their eating activities.

Some chat while eating, and ...

“Where're that brats!? How dare he dirty my new clothes! "

There was a man who had just walked out of one of the doors of the inn, patting his wet shirt. Maybe he just cleaned his clothes with water in the bathroom.

He then exits through the inn's entrance and he seen looking to the right and left on the road outside, looking for someone, then goes back into the inn and sits in one of the chairs that one of the women has also occupied in one of the other chairs nearby.

"Calm down, honey. When the clothes are washed that stain will vanished. I will wash it as clean as possible!” The woman replied while turning her gaze to the right and left, giving a smile to the people who started looking at both them because of her man.

"Sigh ... Alright."

“That's my man. C'mon, let's continue our dinner. ”

"Fortunately, this food is still intact. If not-"

“Alright, alright. Just eat, dear. "

"..."

I then approached the counter table to see the menu available in this inn.

There was a girl with a pretty cute face at the counter. She smiled at me when she realized I was approaching her.

… Hopefully, she doesn't know I'm at the same party as Female Knight.

I then looked at the menu board … to be precise looking at the prices on the menu.

"Umm ... Excuse me, sir. Are you in a group with two people who just made a fuss earlier?"

… Oh, cr*p

To Be Continued

100% Accuracy and Grammatically Correct Not Guaranteed. Revisions, Corrections, and Edits Are Periodically Done. Corrections, Critics, and Suggestions Are Welcome, So Don't Hesitate to Leave Comments. Don't Forget To Bookmark and Favorite If You Enjoyed It. Thanks

7