Chapter 63. Followers
47 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Thank you for waiting patiently. As always, let me know in the comments if you find anything odd in this chapter!

 

3rd’s POV

After they finished changing and after they got more in-depth information about who and where the noble girl was from Casey. They then went to the noble girl's place.

She was staying at one of the most expensive inns in town.

And for the time being, they put the Princess quest on hold.

Princess is all grown up, anyway. He can take care of himself.

But before going to where the noble girl was staying. They want to fill their stomachs first.

They haven't eaten since they took care of the bandits. The last time they ate was at midnight last night.

After finding a small restaurant whose building was not too pretentious but also not too shabby either, they then stopped there.

“Welcome~”

The restaurant workers greeted the three of them with a smile.

 

Unknown’s POV

There was indeed another reason why we suddenly stopped here other than because our stomachs were rumbling.

We're being followed, guys ...

“Welcome~”

Restaurant workers greet other customers. The three of us automatically glanced towards the entrance of the restaurant.

Many men one by one went inside, then each of them took a look around every corner of the room and what was in this restaurant.

The floor, the table, the chairs, the walls, the menus, the prices, the ceiling …

… And then they glanced at us.

We've been followed since we parted ways with Casey and his group I guess?

Or earlier than that?

Since we met with Ega?

Whatever.

And we weren't just followed by that people. If we were only followed by one group, we would take them to the alley instead of this diner.

“Welcome~. Oh my, it looks like the seats will soon be all filled now.”

We were followed by five groups, ladies and gentlemen.

Their total number now in this restaurant is 30 people.

***

The reason we were able to catch the bandits and brought them into town this morning was because we were assisted by the noble guards who thought we were bandits when we were standing on the mountain cliff at that time.

Even though their numbers do not eliminate the gap between us and the bandits, their presence really helps us in crippling those criminals.

And at that time there was an element of surprise and we also repeatedly used trees, bushes, shrubs, and others living organisms on the side of the road as a tool to protect ourselves from the bandits' swords and arrows.

But now we can only use human shields at best or take refuge in the sanity or morality of our followers not to raise their swords near the innocent people in this restaurant.

Nevertheless, who the hell are they?

We don't know any of them.

They would be so bold if they actually draw their swords in the middle of the town like this. The backlash is too big. Therefore we are still confused about what they are doing to us now.

“Gentlemen. What would you like to have?" A female worker approached the place where we were sitting with a face full of smiles and enthusiasm, unaware of the danger that was threatening this restaurant right now.

“Our menu for today is…”

She then explained to us the menus in this restaurant.

We then ordered our own food which cost around 7 to 10 iron coins while for the drinks, we ordered two ale and milk which cost 6 iron coins for the ale and 5 iron coins for the milk per tankard.

We knew we looked pretty stupid for having to spend money on a restaurant that was soon to become a battlefield.

At least we're trying to give this girl a little bit of happiness.

"Alright, gentlemen's orders will come in a moment!"

The worker then left and approached “the other customers”, collecting their orders.

We glanced briefly at them again.

Actually, there are a total of more than 30 people.

Some of them even wore leather armor that was of good quality.

Coupled with the uniformity of their armor, it seemed that one of these five groups was working with a powerful and influential group or organization.

Did we miss something?

Who did we touch so these guys were sent down to take care of us?

That exploding testicle men?

That noble girl?

“…”

I often see in movies that if the characters in those movies are at the bar, there will always be a commotion.

This isn't a bar, but given our current situation, it's highly likely that the things of this restaurant will become a shipwreck in the near future.

We wonder what will happen to us next.

 

3rd’s POV

In one of the expensive inns in the town of Rijeka. On a veranda on the 2nd floor.

"Young miss. One of our guys, Bigail, just found the man the young miss is likely looking for.”

"Good work.” The noble girl who was looking at the town view while enjoying expensive tea then shifted her gaze towards him.

“Where is he now?” She inquired.

"That man and his friends are currently at a restaurant not far from the inn the young miss visited the other day."

The noble girl did not respond to the explanation given by her subordinates. Instead, she got up from her seat and walked out of the room.

"Young miss?" That bodyguard was confused because his employer didn't do what he expected.

"We're going to visit the man."

"But, young miss..."

"What is it? Are you saying that he should have gone to me?”

"T-that includes."

"Pardon?" The noble girl didn't think there was anything else.

“That man and his companions, according to Bigail's information, ever since they returned from the inn, they were followed by a group of people.”

"How many are there?"

"There are a lot of them. About thirty or so."

“What did that guy do to suddenly gain so many followers?” The noble girl said, sarcastically.

"We apologize, we have not received any information regarding this, young miss. As far as we know, the commotion that happened in the morning, one of the things that made it was that man and his friends."

“Oh ... So it was them? The one that's only three people but brings more catch?"

"That's right, young miss. And we assume that the 30 people who followed these three men were their other accomplice of bandits who were caught this morning, or something related. They might want to teach the three a lesson."

“And there may be other reasons. Well, bring the full force then. I want us to stick to the plan."

"But, young miss."

"That's an order." Said the noble girl with glaring eyes at her bodyguard. “I want to get my items back from him. I really need that. I don't want us to go back to my family territory.” She explained.

“Send a few others first. The rest followed suit with full armor and weaponry.” Add her.

“… A-as you wish.”

“Or just bring my carriage out.” She continued, crossing her arms over her developed chest.

"Yes, huh?"

“And inform the lord of the town to send his people too. Give an excuse that I was harassed by some criminal group while eating at a restaurant. Tell them the guilty party is probably one of the well-known groups in this town or whatever. The banquet will be held tonight, by the why. The lord of this town will do anything to ensure the event runs smoothly.”

" … Uh?"

She then left the room, leaving her still dumbfounded bodyguard behind.

To Be Continued

100% Accuracy and Grammatically Correct Not Guaranteed. Revisions, Corrections, and Edits Are Periodically Done. Corrections, Critics, and Suggestions Are Welcome, So Don't Hesitate to Leave Comments. Don't Forget To Bookmark and Favorite If You Enjoyed It.

3