Chapter 69. Did Any Of You Bring Water?
96 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Noble Girl’s POV

 

Ah, I hate this sword …

“Pant… pant…”

This thing…

“Pant… pant…”

…This thing is too heavy for me!

“Pant… pant…pant…”

“WARGWARGHH!”

There's two big wolves were chasing behind them, trying to intimidate them by making noises.

Ugh, that damnable wolf!

"Don't slow down, young miss!"

"Keep running. We are right behind you!”

"I know!! Pant… pant…

Several bodyguards following the noble girl from behind found their master's running speed slowing down and they tried to remind her and give her spirit.

The original purpose of why they ran in the first place was to seek help.

They planned to go to the ruler of this town, the lord of the town's mansion.

Unfortunately, they are not native residents here. They didn't know the way and the wolves suppress them further and they couldn't concentrate on choosing the right path to the lord's mansion.

They just keep running on the town street.

If they find an intersection, they choose randomly.

They ran into the narrow alleys between the houses of the residents then exited the other alley and into another alley that was smaller than the previous one repeatedly.

They don't care anymore which way is right.

They just tried to escape from the pursuit of those damn wolves.

The important thing is that they can save themselves by doing that.

Several minutes later. After they ran into some small alley and then out and on the town streets again, they then realized the wolves that were chasing them were no longer there.

It seemed the wolves weren't following them anymore.

Did we manage to escape those monsters? They thought.

"Pant …  pant ….  Di-did we get away from them?" Ask one of the bodyguards while gasping for breath.

" I-I don't know… pant … pant …  " Answer the other, ready to drop.

“…. Pantpant… I-I want to rest for a while…”

The noble girl's two legs could no longer hold on to support her body and she drop her butt on the ground. 

"Did any of you bring water?" Ask the noble girl with dead beat tone after she plopped down.

Her breathing was ragged, her head was dizzy. She also feels her motor muscles very hurt. She was draining all her strength and overexerting herself.

Hearing that, the two bodyguards quickly checked their respective belongings by patting each of them on the waist with their hands.

Realizing they did not have what their master was looking for, they answered with their heads down.

“Forgive us, young miss. We have no water. We swore to god we brought the water before. Most likely our water bag got accidentally fell while we were running away from the wolf.”

"Pant, pant … Nevermind then …"

“…”

The two guards looked even more guilty.

They then looked left and right on the town street, and they found something. Then they looked at each other and nodded.

They then dispersed and entered the houses of those who were near them, there was a small scream from the occupants of the house when they broke the door, and forced their way into the house.

Not long after, they came out of there, but they didn't have anything in their hands.

The guards stared at each other again.

“The young miss would surely fall ill drinking that commoner's dirty water …”  They muttered.

The young miss tried to calm herself down by taking a lot of breaths and getting her breathing back to normal.

“Arghhh, why did I run?”

The two bodyguards overheard their master's muttering.

“…?”

"I'm a coward …  What's wrong with me?"

The guard doesn't know how to react.

But not all of them …

"Um, young miss. In my opinion, your decision is a logical one.” Said one of his bodyguards, daring to cast his voice. He tried to raise the morale of his employer.

"That's right, young miss. Your position is in danger, you are being chased by the wolf. No one can blame you." The rest of her bodyguards chimed in, realizing he had nothing to lose by doing that. In fact, it will add added value to him in the eyes of the young miss.

“But I left behind our people and the people we helped earlier. What I did before to save them also went to waste. How stupid I am?”

The two bodyguards exchanged glances.

The people the young miss was trying to save were just commoners and peasants. No one would care if some of them died. However, the young miss grew up in a noble family that upholds moral values.

The fact she feels weighed down on her mind with how they are doing right now proves how caring she was.

And that set her apart from the other noble children who were mostly arrogant and didn't care about those who weren't on their level.

"Ugh..."

The noble girl then tried to stand up. Her two bodyguards found her master having a hard time standing up, they hurriedly went to her to help her to get up, but the noble girl stopped them with a hand gesture, asking them not to support her.

The two bodyguards then complied with her request while maintaining a safe distance, in case their master might lose balance. They could immediately save her if that happened.

“Let's go back to that market. No buts.”

““A-AS YOU WISH!””

To Be Continued

100% Accuracy and Grammatically Correct Not Guaranteed. Revisions, Corrections, and Edits Are Periodically Done. Corrections, Critics, and Suggestions Are Welcome, So Don't Hesitate to Leave Comments. Don't Forget To Bookmark and Favorite If You Enjoyed It.

0