Chapter 11
1.4k 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They had Curtis in charge, he was the only one who had an iron shield not much smaller than Sam himself, he held an ax in his hands. The rest were less well equipped, either homemade spears, or clubs with wooden shields or similar.

Sam suspected that they were all 3-4 levels, since they obviously started much later than he did. Right now they faced a couple of zombies, one of whom was a strength type.

Curtis blocked this zombie while the others finished off the rest of the normal ones to join him. Only one of the six stood on the line and looked around.

Sam looked out of the corner of the building nearby, the distance between them was about 50 meters, in theory, 3-4 seconds would be enough for him to get to the scout.

Since at the moment the scout was looking not in his direction, Sam without thinking twice rushed forward. Due to the fuss with the zombies, the scout heard Sam's footsteps far from immediately, and that was enough, when he turned, Sam had already cut off his head and continued to run without stopping to the next target.

One of the girls noticed what happened almost immediately and shouted pointing her hand at Sam, the others turned around and saw the death of a comrade, but Sam still managed to run to the woman who was standing with her back to him finishing off the zombie and so he repeated the decapitation.

The four remaining fighters froze for a second, watching the heads roll and the blood flows, Curtis immediately moved away from the power zombie and began to gain distance, not only from the zombies, but also from Sam. And on the move he shouted angrily:

- What are you doing, bitch!

The guy who had previously helped Curtis with the power zombie did not react so quickly and was clearly in shock, the power zombie turned to him and stabbed him in the head.

The guy managed to come to his senses only at the last moment, substituting his own semblance of a shield under the blow, but the blow split the shield and sent the guy flying, he was clearly injured.

Another man had already finished with his zombie and was ready to meet Sam, Sam, in turn, did not keep himself waiting, gaining as much speed as he could in a couple of steps, he crashed into the man with his shield, the advantage in strength and speed was on his side and the man lost his balance, the shield flew to the side and Sam finished what he started.

The girl who shouted first was the only one without a shield, she only had a spear, and she was terrified, instead of resisting she ran away.

Sam ran to the guy who got hurt by the power zombie, he supported his crippled arm healthy and had already got to his feet in an attempt to escape, while screaming for help, Sam quickly overtook him and saved him from suffering, while avoiding the power zombie.

There was only Curtis, who, seeing the collapse of his group in a few seconds, began to run. But Sam's speed was clearly higher and after a while Curtis had only to turn to Sam and stand up with a shield.

- You're out of your mind? We are already struggling to survive because of the zombies. We have relatives and friends who depend on us and wait. We even invited you to join our group recently. What have we done to you ah?

- WHAT DID YOU KILL THEM FOR !?

Curtis was clearly frightened but held on, Sam ignored the question and did the same thing that he had done earlier, he just hit his opponent's shield at full speed with his shield.

To his surprise, Curtis managed to stay on his feet and didn't even back down, Sam was surprised for a moment, their shields were pressed against each other and Curtis tried to strike with an ax on Sam's supporting leg under the shield.

But Sam managed to remove his leg and simultaneously delivered his own blow, which was much faster, cutting off Curtis's wrist. It is obvious that Curtis was left-handed, he screamed in pain and let go of the shield, Sam without thinking twice finished what he had started with a blow to the head. Curtis's head was severed, but not completely. He twitched a little on the ground, and soon fell silent.

Obviously, neither Sam nor Curtis had much experience in such a battle, everything was decided by the difference in characteristics, Sam miraculously managed to remove his leg thanks to his high dexterity and skill, his fleeting surprise and ignorance of what to do next almost cost him his life, and the loss of a leg in this case is obviously death.

It turned out that Curtis still managed to take the 5th level, which Sam learned about having received from him about 6,000 thousand soul particles, so Curtis used some type of defensive skill, thanks to which he was able to resist being hit with shields, he not only did not suffer, but completely did not lose balance.

Sam finished off the remaining zombies, after which he slowly walked in the direction of the house, this battle was not easy, but almost 10 thousand particles of course were worth it, to earn so much on zombies, you have to hunt for about two days, and then he spent some seconds here.

19