Chapter 15
1.2k 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

- I do not plan to enter the camp yet, can I first find out what is the situation in other cities and the state of the government?

George looked at Sam and then told one of the guards to take people inside, he also gave the other guard a small booklet, pointing at Sam, he began to explain.

- This booklet was specially printed and distributed by the government, it contains publicly available information and also what interests you - after thinking for a second, he added - your name is not Sam?

Sam was not too surprised that he was recognized, after all, he obviously did not try to cover up his tracks, and for sure many witnesses of his massacre reported this in the camp.

- Yes, my name is Sam.

- It is clear, given the situation, neither our camp nor the government as a whole can support the law in cities in the current conditions, so your actions and the actions of people like you go unpunished.

- However, law and order are maintained in our camp, and even if you wanted, we would not let you in - George clearly became colder towards Sam, as soon as he found out his identity, after a little thought, he nevertheless reluctantly added:

- Of course, given the current situation and the martial law, there is a possibility that you could come to an agreement with the government.

At that moment, a man in military uniform came out of the gate, apparently the captain, he was accompanied by two more soldiers, and they had assault rifles, Sam did not know which ones, since he did not understand firearms at all.

Even at the exit from the gate, this man was looking closely at Sam, and when he came closer, Sam thought that the captain was interested in the handle of his sword, which was visible from behind.

As the captain approached, George introduced:

"This is the government representative in our camp, Captain Morris, Morris this is the Sam you asked about.

Morris slightly curled his face when George mentioned this, Morris had a pistol hidden in a holster and a sword in a sheath. He looked at Sam and said:

- That's right, we really asked about you Sam, there were reports that it was you who killed the reaper and are using his weapon. This weapon is not particularly effective, but it is of research value for the government, in return, we are ready to completely clear your name, moreover, we will provide you with many advantages.

First, take a look at this - he took off his sword with a scabbard and asked to give it to Sam - check, for example, this sword, it is sharper and more effective than yours, and this is not the best weapon that we can offer, we can offer you a weapon with special properties, like an artifact, which will be much better than what I gave you. You can check.

As soon as Sam heard that the government was interested in him, he tensed, at first he thought it was the murders, but it turned out that it was all about the sword.

Despite the fact that the captain did not show and spoke calmly, Sam felt an echo of his skill, this feeling was completely different from the threat to life, he already felt the same after reaching 10th level.

This is something like negative emotions, such as anger or intent to kill, Sam has not yet figured out the details, but the point is that the captain needed his sword and he is unlikely to accept refusal.

Sam hid the booklet in his bosom, took the sword that was handed to him and, without thinking twice, jerked in the opposite direction from the captain, activating the armor. As soon as he started to run away, he heard the captain cry from behind:

- Shoot! Kill him immediately!

Sam heard shots, but continued to run as fast as he could, the nearest shelter was very close, and after a couple of seconds, he ran out of the line of fire, although he caught about 7 hits, his armor was almost completely depleted if he was even late for 1 second, a sieve would be made of it.

Thanks to his speed, they couldn't catch up with Sam, he rushed from one building to another, running away with all his might.

Having pulled away enough, his fear was replaced by anger:

- Fuck, fucking people, fucking government, fuck you all!

He cursed the government, but also cursed his stupidity, given his speed, it would not be so easy to hit him if he, an idiot, ran not in a straight line from the shooters, but at least a little to the side, but he was so nervous that he didn't even think properly, it was too dangerous, these assault rifles were clearly not simple.

Sam was not afraid of betrayal, how can you betray a person who does not come into contact with anyone at all and considers people only as an experience? With zombies, too, everything was not so scary, even if he met crowds of these creatures, he could always just run away and cut them out one by one. Well, after receiving his armor, he was almost not afraid of anything at all.

But here's a firearm, he was still scared to hell. These are not homemade bows and arrows, in the hands of people who have never really used them.

25