Chapter 58
364 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They did not find out what had happened immediately, but when they found out, they naturally went to Sam.

After all, he was too lazy to cover up his tracks. That beggar could not watch the entrance around the clock alone, so it is quite possible that he found helpers.

In general, it is not known how many people eventually knew that Sam was waiting for Gloria, and Sam was not afraid of anyone, and he didn't care.

He waited in the mansion for almost two months after this incident and decided that nothing would happen.

But Sam obviously was wrong, he did not wait for long enough, and they attacked after he left. All killed, and most likely not only killed.

Sam continued to systematically cut him, trying to prolong his torment and bringing him to his senses, but in the end he still died. So Sam had to go check the refrigerator.

The dead man also admitted in the end that there were explosives in the refrigerator and he was going to detonate it after Sam went inside.

They wanted him to see the inside of the refrigerator first.

Sam opened it and saw the heads of Ashley and her children. The eyes were open and the gaze expressed agony. Sam didn't care about her children, but he felt a little sorry for Ashley.

- You still could not survive.

Sam knew that she was tortured and killed because of him, but he did not love her, and did not feel much pain or guilt.

But all the same, looking at her, he began to get a little angry.

Sam made a bonfire in the yard and threw their heads into the bonfire. He sat down next to it and watched the fire devour Ashley's head, remembering the time he spent with her.

Ashley was a casual woman. She was not particularly smart, did not possess any special willpower or character. She was a simple woman that Sam liked.

He also thought about Jane. When he first met her, she didn't look good, he even suggested that she was closer to 25. Only later did he find out that she was only 20.

She was strong, smart and beautiful. Sam never tried to trick her because he didn't think he was worthy of such a woman.

In addition, it would not take long to fall in love with this one, and that Sam could not afford it.

Looking at the fire, he recalled his childhood.

When he was about 12 years old, he was, once again, extremely frightened. When people are terrified, they usually pray to God.

But Sam prayed for death. He just had to think that all this could end at any moment. He can jump from a high-rise and all his fears and pains will pass like a bad dream.

These thoughts always calmed him and gave him strength to move on, he convinced himself that if it was ever too hard for him, he could always finish everything. So there's nowhere to rush. And he really felt better, and he found the strength to go on again and again.

This was his faith and prayer. And so it went on year after year, until the very apocalypse.

Sometimes, when Sam's electricity went out at home, he had no choice but to wait patiently and immerse himself in his thoughts. He hated such moments terribly.

At such moments, he reluctantly began to recall various episodes of his miserable life and he was overwhelmed with hatred and anger.

Hatred of parents, relatives, friends, all of humanity. And also himself.

All these thoughts haunted him, and as soon as Sam could, he again sat down at the monitor screen to distract himself and escape from it all.

He looked at Ashley's head and grew more angry.

Sam sat in this mansion next to Ashley because everything suited him, being lazy and having fun with Ashley, his anger and hatred ceased to bother him.

The mansion and Ashley, and maybe even Jane, were something of an anchor for Sam.

There is no more anchor, Sam has no relatives, no friends. He did not feel belonging to this city, country, or even humanity in general.

There will be no more anchors, Sam was no longer going to keep all this anger and hatred in himself, before he had no choice, but now he has.

He will release everything outside and crush these pitiful insects. People, animals, zombies don't give a shit at all.

Sam got so angry that the fire began to sway and dim, even the cat became nervous.

Spirituality seethed around him, and Sam continued to stare into Ashley's eyes, burning in flames.

7