Chapter 64
344 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sam continued to sit on the castle wall and survey the surroundings.

He managed to completely satisfy his desire to kill, at least for now.

Of course, he was not going to stop there, all the same, killing strong people in such quantities is a really good way to become stronger.

He saw the commotion below, people walked among the corpses in search of relatives and friends, there were not many people, maybe about five dozen.

But Sam didn't really care, he didn't treat these people as equals, he was stronger and could crush them like bugs.

Of course, Sam understood that sooner or later the same fate awaits him.

He believed that even if he were a holy savior, he would still be crushed like a bug at some point, simply because he is weaker. And for his killers, it will not matter whether he deserved it or not.

And perhaps worse fate awaits him.

He remembered the girl he hacked in prison. He did not know who she was, where she came from and why there, she asked to release her and Sam did not hesitate to do so.

He believed that death is a panacea for all problems, and readily gave this death to those around him.

Sam hoped that when his time will come, he too would be given a quick death.

Or maybe he should not hope for this and give death to himself?

Everything seemed to have completely changed since the catastrophe, Sam survived and hoped for something, he began to value his life and was looking forward to the moment when everything would change, waiting for his new bright future.

And in fact he reached that future, he could now look at others as insects and cut them out in droves. He could release all his anger out and not deny himself anything.

Is this what he hoped for? But why did he then think about giving himself a quick death? This thought first came to him after the disaster.

Sam decided to go down to these people and corpses. He never paid attention to others, but now he wanted to personally look into the eyes of those whom he had deprived of family and friends.

It was something like an experiment, he himself wanted to know if he felt something or not, in any case, he could slaughter them like pigs at any moment.

He went down the slope and apparently someone recognized him, they began to poke at him and shout at him. People gathered around him with tears in their eyes and shouted at him.

Some began to release skills, but among them Sam did not notice anyone even of the 2nd type, so Sam simply ignored them, he did not even need spiritual armor.

Gradually, some began to rush at him with the fists and swords of the dead, in vain attempts at revenge.

Sam looked at them closely and did not move, his crocodile armor did not allow them to harm him in any way.

Well he made a few slaps, and those who got slapped flew away. Was hard to say if they alive or not, whatever. At least after that most of them got back to reality.

Sam never really loved anyone, except that he probably still loved his mother as a child, but when he became older, even this love disappeared like smoke.

Once he fell in love in his youth, but love was unrequited and brought him nothing but pain and suffering. Since then, he only avoided it more, what is the point in such torment?

He noticed a girl about ten years old nearby, she was sitting on her knees and hugging someones head. Sam came closer, ignoring the surroundings, sat down and looked at her properly.

She held that head tightly and looked into nowhere, her gaze expressed nothing as if she had no soul.

Even if Sam had a shitty life before the disaster, he still understood that his fate was far from the worst possible. In his place, other people might only have become stronger, but not Sam.

He is only deeply mired in self-pity and hatred for others. That was how he was, too pitiful and cowardly to change anything.

He heard others telling him to leave the girl alone, that she was deaf and dumb and had lost her only relative.

What was her life like? Was her life less shitty than his own? Sam sincerely doubted it. And in the end, he took from her the most precious thing she had.

He could avenge Ashley without killing all these people, he could do it, but he saw in them only pieces of meat and experience. They were just the means that Sam used to release his anger.

It was getting dark, Sam ordered the cat not to let anyone near the girl.

Sam and the cat were looking closely at the girl, her matted hair, her snot on her face, blood on her hands and clothes, her expressionless eyes.

Maybe he should let her go too? Surely it will be easier for her if he relieves her of suffering.

He continued to sit and looking at her, Sam thought about who he was, where he was going, what did he want?

7