Chapter 117
222 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The conversation with Liam was helpful. Sam didn't know if Liam had decided to help him himself or someone else advised him, but just like always - who cares?

As long as Sam gets what he needs, he doesn't care about the details.

He told Liam to find him maps, preferably a map of the entire planet, albeit an approximate one, and of course map of the kingdom of Arun itself. At the same time he asked to find him a relatively inexpensive house for rent, in a relatively protected part of the city.

Having sent Liam away, Sam thought about taking a walk around, but the city was not small, he decided to go to the tavern and find out if the demoness was there.

It turned out that she really was in the tavern, so he ordered her to show him the city. Perhaps she was scared to run away or something, whatever.

Sam walked with her around the city, going into various shops, visiting the market, even the auction house. But the auction was held only once a week so he could not take part in that one.

Most of all, Sam liked the fact that there were various spiritual dishes, not only meat but also rice, salads and the like, they were useful to cultivators, although expensive. Sam bought himself a lot of such food in reserve, of course there were no too rare food here, but still it was enough to diversify his diet.

He also bought some chains to contain spirit of cultivators, some cheap formations as well. Resources that could help mortal to enhance their spirit and body to become cultivators were far from cheap, thousands of spirit stones just for one mortal. And that still did not guarantee that this mortal will actually be able to become a cultivator.

There was a luxurious area in the center of the city. Gardens and fountains was among wide streets as well as beautiful buildings with the best shops and more. The largest building, according to the demoness, belonged to the head of the city.

Sam saw another luxurious building, obviously a restaurant, and he moved in its direction. Good food is something he was always interested in.

In this area, Sam was an eyesore and it didn't take long before he caught the attention of another sucker who got in his way.

Sucker - Is that your woman?

Sam looked around at the guests, but this time he noticed the eagle's coat of arms. This time he actually met someone from Burh clan and it was a bit too early for him to mess around with this clan. He knelt down, hit his head on the ground and said.

Sam - Great Master, this filthy beggar doesn't dare, I don't know her.

Sucker - That's how, good, then she will be mine, in any case, pay him guys.

The young master left, and the couple of his lackeys, giggling, threw a couple of gold coins on Sam's head and took the demoness, who, in turn, did not understand what was happening.

Lackey - Get out of here and do not appear here again, your appearance offends the young master.

Sam got up and left, in principle, for the most part he saw the city, he will check the slums at night.

He decided to go back to the tavern and remove his cultivation completely for a while to see what happens if he walks through the slums in the middle of the night.

One of the knick-knacks that Sam bought was the formation, which could limit the spirituality of other people. He installed it and began to adjust the technique to hide his own aura completely.

That same night, he moved towards the poor parts of the city. As expected, the picture was not very pleasant, dirty shacks, stench and all the ensuing.

A great place to find a couple of test subjects. Here he was no longer very careful and used a spiritual feeling.

While he was wondering around, he saw some kid around 16 years old being beaten hard by a few people. From their conversations it seemed like this kid sister was taken away or something, so he was trying to get her back. Obviously it was a horrible try.

He was crying about injustice and promised to avenge them if his sister gonna get hurt and some other stuff like that.

Sam approached those people.

Sam - Hey! What is going on here?

Scar man - Mind your own business pal. We give this kid a lesson he deserves.

Sam - Wait a minute, look at this kid. He is so tough and handsome. He just wants to get his little sister back. Such a special boy, don't you afraid of his revenge guys? What if someday he will really become powerful enough?

Scar man - Ha ha, very funny. Just get...

Sam added another scar to that guy with one of his wings.

Sam - Anyone who will try to run away will be killed, I want some observers okay? And keep your mouth shut. Thank you.

Then he approached the kid again.

Sam - So kid. Do you want to receive power? I can make you strong enough to save your sister, you will be able to avenge those who hurt you. What do you say? - Sam revealed a tiny part of his aura to show that he is a cultivator.

Kid - Yes! I am ready for anything.

Sam - Good, very good. - he took out an ordinary cup from his ring, pissed inside in front of everyone and then moved it towards the boy.- Here, this is a cup of gods. That drink got some super power inside. You have to kneel before my urine and ask that urine to make you stronger. My urine should become your god from now on. Otherwise it will not work.

The viewers was obviously disgusted with this silly performance. So was the kid. He even made a step back and twisted his face. Perhaps he was expecting that hermit would take him as a student or something.

Kid - Are you making fun of me sir?

Sam - Hmm? So that is it? Just a minute ago you were ready for anything for the sake of power. Ready for anything for the sake of your sister. Even then you were beaten you never shown a sign of doubts on your face. It really seemed like you were ready to give your own life for justice to prevail. And now what? Obviously I am the only one who can help you around. But someone so special like you cannot be bend over right? You cannot lose your dignity in order to get power? You cannot lose your pride to save your little sister? Suddenly it turns out that you are just another walking piece of shit, and all you said before was just a trash talk?

That kid was just standing there like an idiot and did not know what to do. Obviously he was not convinced by all that tirade. Sam realized that his attempt to humiliate that kid did not work out at all, he instantly got bored of this so he approached him and gave him a slap in the head. The head was blown in to pieces like a watermelon. His brains and blood were splattered around.

He was a bit upset, why everyone around are such disbelievers and smart asses? Yeah all that crap looked pretty weird. But Sam looks like some powerful mysterious hermit... Well at least he was supposed to look like that. Can`t they all just pretend dumb and believe everything he wants them to believe? Sigh.

Sam - What a lousy teachers you are. You should just kill him, otherwise he will keep making troubles around searching his sister right? By the way, I want you all to rape his sister to death. Otherwise I will find and kill you all do you understand? - this time he released more pressure to make his statement clear.

Scar man - Yes sir, we will do as you say.

He let them go. Those guys was stumbled for a while, but then they just left rapidly. Anyway this kid was too old, he was around 16 years old, and he needs much younger candidates. Plus he was too handsome and considered himself special. Sam hated his very existence. He used to think he is special as well long time ago. Actually most of living beings think that they are special. But he realized at some point that he is nothing but a trash. Just as others around him.

Anyway he finally killed someone after leaving Earth. He was not sure if that lackey from the other day survived or not, he was not bothered enough to check. But surely this is just a beginning.

Sam kept moving around the slums looking for something interesting.

Why did he killed him? Because he can. Sam did not believe in any kind of good in this world. So he felt only disgust to this kid and his "try" to save his sister. Such morons should be suppressed in the bud. In this world there is no good or bad. No right or wrong. Only strong and weak. Trying to save someone while you are weakling is just a way of suicide. So he actually helped this kid and let him free.

He was not going to kill those local bandits. They were a good and honest people, and they were not considering themselves special obviously. They were ready to do any kind of shit to reach their goals or survive so they deserved to live another day. Plus even though this place was slums, those guys could still work for some noble ass or something like that.

Soon he noticed how two masked men were kidnapping mortals in the middle of the night, mortals were tied up and thrown into a wagon. Sam was curious, so he went in the right direction.

He was hit on the head and Sam "passed out", after which he was tied up and dragged into a cart with the others.

After a while, they were all pulled out of the cart and dragged into some kind of basement room.

Among the mortals were people of all ages, from children to the elderly, not all were unconscious, some began to come to their senses, screamed and resisted as best they could.

One by one, they began to be tied up on special altars or something.

Sam watched as some weirdo in a robe approached mortals and using a dagger stabbed them in the heart.

After that, he used some kind of spell, and the knife pumped out some kind of dark energy from the dying and gradually filled with it, and this energy was familiar to Sam.

Sam of course was very interested in all this. It was even more interesting because the people who cut down mortals and guarded this grief priest were at the stage of Foundation Establishment. Well, the priest himself is only at the stage of the Qi Condensation.

Sam checked surroundings. Two people who brought mortals were now guarding outside, two more were here. So along with the priest there was only five people total, his spiritual feeling did not notice anyone else in the area.

Of course, he knew how long they spent on the road, in fact, they still remained in the slums.

The people who woke up screamed, cursed and prayed, it was quite noisy.

Sam stood up calmly and flew over to the guards when he thought the moment was convenient enough. In any case, his speed with wings was prohibitive, so he reached them in the blink of an eye and beheaded them.

The priest did not even understand what had happened and continued to go about his business. He was ignoring mortals screams from the very beginning and he kept doing so.

Sam decided not to kill the other two, but simply knocked them out and tied them up. The surprise effect, coupled with the huge difference in cultivation, left them no chance for resistance.

1