Chapter 119
169 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

---

Anna was not even three years old that day, but for some reason she perfectly remembered what had happened.

Her parents quarreled once again, Anna's mother held her in her arms, but despite this, her father struck another powerful blow to her mother during a quarrel.

Then it happened.

She fell out of her mother's hands and ran into the stove, breaking her leg and receiving partial burns. She was only 3 years old, she was small and weak, so it did not take much effort. She became an ugly cripple.

Years passed ... At some day her Father never returned home, and it became a little better, Anna was terribly afraid of her father. But that didn't make her days much better overall.

Her mother first worked in a brothel in their poor area, but then she was thrown out of there. She began to earn money on the streets, and sometimes even at home ...

Anna did not see it personally, when her mother brought someone into the house, she usually kicked Anna out. But in addition to being crippled and ugly, she was often called the daughter of a whore or something like that in the yard.

Mother also began to hate her, because she was crippled and ugly, so the mother herself often began to beat Anna and release all her anger and resentment towards this world on her.

Now Anna was 9 years old, she tried many times to interact with other children and not only. She was hoping to make any friends or play with someone. Even tried to get a job of any kind.

But all her attempts ended only in mockery and even beating. Even among these poor people, she was only an outcast.

She might have hidden her mutilated leg, but her gait betrayed her. Sometimes children deliberately knocked her down to look at her ugly limb.

Her face was covered with terrible burns, if someone saw her face, then she was mistaken for an evil spirit. Sometimes she was almost beaten to death.

What was she to do? Where to go?

She could not move without the help of a crutch, her leg was twisted and disgusting, her face was ugly, and in combination with the burns, no one wanted anything to do with her, not even her own mother.

She barely continued to live, day after day relying on the remains of food that her mother left her.

Day after day, she gradually faded away, only dreams supported her.

Dreams that someday she will be able to walk, that someday she will find friends, that someday and someone will be able to love her. She wanted to live anyway.

Why is it like this? What did she do wrong?

She tried her best to earn someone's favor.

She carried out all the errands of her mother and never complained about anything, but day after day it was only getting worse.

But one night, when the mother was not at home, other children came to her, they invited her to play with them. They were all about same age as her.

Anna could not believe that this was happening, but she had to believe, what else could she believe? She happily agreed. The children even offered to help her and one of the sturdy boys carried her on his back.

For the first time in her life, Anna was so happy, she could not stop her tears of happiness. For the first time in her life, she goes to play with friends, for the first time a boy touched her not to mock or hit.

Anna was crippled, so she never went far from home, and had no idea where they were going, but she was too happy and excited to pay attention to it.

They lived on the outskirts of the city, next to the forest, the children went into the forest with the whole crowd and chatted merrily, and Anna listened with interest.

Soon they came and offered to play hide and seek, Anna had to look for them, she of course agreed without hesitation. She imagined many times as she was finally given a chance to befriend someone and she will not spoil it for any reason.

They put her on the ground, told her to close her eyes and count to a hundred while they hide. She counted patiently with her eyes closed and a silly smile on her face. She had no idea where she was and didn't want to think about it.

Finally, she counted to the end and opened her eyes, it was night which was barely illuminated only by the stars, there was a forest around.

Anna wanted to get up, but suddenly realized that the crutch was taken away from her while she were being carried here, she could not find it next to her.

She could only crawl and jump on her good leg in an attempt to find someone, she cannot disappoint her friends, this is her first chance in such a long time ...

At the same time, the children returned home chatting and laughing among themselves.

- Ha Ha you carried her all the way, are not you afraid of contracting rabies?

- Fuck you, am I to blame that you are a bunch of weaklings? In any case, we finally got rid of her, everyone knows that because of this ugly, our area is considered cursed.

- Didn't we overdo it? Are you sure it will be okay if she dies there?

- Nobody cares about this cripple, not even her own mother, this whore will only be glad that she finally got rid of the trouble, at least that's what my parents said.

The forest was dark and rather cold. Anna had no idea where she was or where to go.

Anna, as she opened the door, immediately left with the guys in what she was. She was afraid that if she closes the doors, the guys would leave.

She did not differ in good health and good nutrition, she found some piece of wood instead of a crutch and could hardly move around, shivering from cold and hunger. She could not find anyone, no matter how hard she tried, but time went on and her strength left her.

Of course, by this time she had already begun to understand what had happened, but she persistently drove away these thoughts, she did not want to believe in such a thing.

What should she believe in then?

---

1