CHAPTER 4: First real combat (1) – Kicking on his balls…
27 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jona sat on his chair, alone in his room. He was not very confident about the following day's match. Jona cheered himself up by saying positive things to himself. After staying up for a long time, he eventually fell asleep, nervous and expectant.

Earth, 2437. 3 January. 5145 days after GNW (Global Nuclear War):

The night passed rapidly and today's the entrance exam. Jona put on a loose shirt with his name and code on it, with dark blue sweatpants. This seemingly casual and relaxing outfit could be his last. Jona set up his shaggy hair a little and took a deep breath before he slowly walked toward the field in a seemingly relaxing mood.

There were already lots of people preparing for the battle to come when Jona arrived. And Jona just stood there and waited patiently for the fight to begin.

Zakary immediately located Jona in the crowd and smiled at him in a sinister way. Despite Zakary's bad attitude, Jona returned him a gentle smile.

Several minutes passed before a man wearing a formal uniform came up to the stage and began:" Welcome, everyone! today, we'll decide who will be able to join 'Strangers' and who will not. And now, let's begin the first match of the day!"...

Jona didn't have time to watch the match, for he is, unfortunately, the second group to fight. He was struggling to control his nervousness and a strange thrill of excitement. 

It was not long before Jona heard the host called out his name. He took a deep breath and walked slowly towards the small arena. Zakary stood at the left side and Jona at the right one. The spectators sighed regretfully, for Zakary was almost twice as big and as tall as Jona. The whole match seemed to have no suspense; Jona was bound to be defeated without any chance of winning.

The whistle gave a sharp cry, and the match now began. Zakary ran forward as if flying, and his right hand struck toward Jona with all his force. Just as everyone was expecting Jona to get his head crushed, Jona suddenly disappeared without a trace. Then, a shadow came up behind Zachary and kicked him so hard in the crotch that everyone could hear the sound of bones cracking and, of course... the sound of cracking of the balls too.

Zachary rolled on the ground, clutching his crotch. He looked sharply at the shadow that had kicked his crotch, that is, Jona, and fainted.

The hall was quiet for a whole minute until someone applauded, then the whole crowd burst into applause. And somewhere in the arena, a woman holding a steaming cup of tea smiled and said: "Jona, huh, pretty interesting..."

Zakary lost his masculinity and was transported to a place where he'll get beheaded... On the other hand, Jona walked calmly into the audience and took a seat at random. A boy who gave off a strange feeling to people was sitting beside Jona. His eyes were notably blue. And when you look at him, you'll feel as if he could see through you.

"He's extremely strong." Jona thought as he stared at the boy.

The boy turned to Jona, holding out a hand, and with a gentle smile on his face, he said:" Congratulations, Jona. I'm Doharni."

Jona shook the boy's hand in a friendly way and said:" Thank you. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Doharni nodded but said nothing, then he turned back and started observing the match attentively. On the stage, a man with a serious expression was standing in the middle while a red shadow was moving at a swift pace.

Suddenly, the red shadow stopped, and before the man could react, the shadow sent out a fireball with flames of three colors. The three flames melt into one in the air. Although the man weaved a shield out of spider silk to protect himself, the shield vaporized immediately, so was the man.

"A complete victory, the man didn't even have a chance to use his ability." Jona thought, "I wonder who was the red shadow."

The red shadow suddenly disappeared, and in a blink of an eye, it appeared again, sitting right beside Jona.

The 'shadow' was a beautiful girl with fire red hair that came down to her waist. She has big eyes, and there was not a speck of fat on her. She was wearing black and red tights with a cape tied around her neck. Even her eyeballs were deep red and her eyelashes were long.

Jona never saw a girl like this and was attracted to her temporarily, but he was back in less than a second.

"You're pretty fast." the girl suddenly turned to Jona and said," When you were in the match, even I could not see your figure clearly."

The match was pretty dull as all the competitors were relatively weak. So Jona didn't mind talking to her, he laughed and said:" I'm fast when I'm in fighting mode. I'm slow as hell in ordinary times, and I'm always a bit slow on the uptake."

The girl let out a charming laugh and said:" You're pretty interesting. I'm a bit curious about your ability now. You seem cold-blooded in battle, but silly and slow-witted in everyday life."

In the following conversations, Jona learned that the girl's name was Judy. She was born as a cook, but by coincidence, she realized that she could control fire. And she was trained harshly and eventually became an S.A.U (supernatural ability user).

Doharni suddenly interrupted the other two's conversation and said:" I'm going to fight next. Watch and learn." He got up from his chair and gave his collar a minor arrangement before he walked to the arena confidently. (To be continued...)

3