Chapter 1 – Prologue
109 6 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Planet Earth, 2020 July 10th.

The planet once filled with lights, suddenly became completely dark. No matter which part of the world, be it day or night, lost any luster. Only the cold, merciful darkness was left.

A voice suddenly reverberated through the mind of all living beings, be it the frightened humans, and animals, all of them heard it, ''The mortals of the universe have disappointed the Gods, and Goddesses. From now on, they're not under protection anymore and shall start their trial!''

''Fight for survival or get swallowed by the waves. Weak will be prey to the strong, and only those who evolve will survive!''

...

Two hours ago, Canada.

At the top floor of a high-rise building, a tall man with abyss-like black-colored hair and unusual yet sharp golden-colored eyes looked out of the window. A scarily enormous crack stretched out of thin air, on the sky.

As paranoid as he is, Sol Haize immediately made a call, that was accepted nearly immediately, ''Luca, where is Lyse right now?''

The voice of a man came from the other side, it was a simple yet objective answer, ''Your younger brother is currently on his school, mathematics class, sir.''

Hearing the answer, Haize tapped his fingers lightly on the table before nodding and saying seriously, ''Bring him from the school, I feel something bad is going to happen. I'll be waiting on the first floor for him, I want him to be here in thirty minutes at most...''

''Sir, yes, sir.''

Then, Haize took a suitcase with him before going to the elevator and clicking on the button saying 'Floor 1'. Looking at the TV of the elevator, he frowned as the voice of a person in a white-colored coat sounded on his ears, seemingly excited, ''This is an unprecedented event! We have tried to scan that crack on the sky but nothing was found, and it completely violates any existent law we know!''

''We also can't enter the crack for unknown reasons, but as of now, it wasn't proven to be anything negative!'' The scientist sounded rather excited at the prospect of an extremely huge crack simply hanging on the sky. Haize felt an unusually bad feeling on his mind, as if something horrible was going to happen.

A flash of madness surfaced over the scientist's eyes, as he continued to talk with excitement on his voice, ''The crack, while mysterious, didn't give any sign of being dangerous yet! This means that as long as we explore it, it's possible for our current science, and technology to advance greatly!''

'Lyse must come here as soon as possible, the faster, the better. Also, these scientists are just lunatics...' Haize thought, the last time he felt an unusually bad feeling was the day his parents died. As such, the black-haired man surely believed his own instinct.

After arriving on the first floor, he left the elevator, the employees working here quickly greeted him, ''Chairman!''

Nodding, Haize said to a secretary on the balcony, ''Send a message to all floors, today, everyone is dismissed. You can all go to rest today, so pass that message.''

All employees were immediately excited, today, not only were they able to see their Chairman, who rarely left the last floor due to his work being even heavier than theirs, he even said they were dismissed for today!

In just ten minutes, everyone had already left. Haize was a bit speechless at this, but then, he shook his head after seeing a familiar car. A man about 1,7 meters tall went out of the car, before bowing at his presence, ''Sir!''

Nodding, he stared at a black-haired youngster, who sent him an annoyed stare, ''Big bro, did you seriously need to send your Agents to take me from class? I was completely embarrassed!''

Forcibly ruffling his younger brother's hair, Haize said with a chuckle, ''I know, father and mother did that occasionally. After a few times, I just got numb, but it's kind of fun to do that to someone else.''

''...'' Lyse was completely speechless, but quickly left his daze before asking, ''So, what was so urgent that you needed your handsome, and genius younger brother for?''

''I feel something bad will happen, so I called you here. I think that the bad feeling mostly comes from that huge crack over here, doesn't it look like an apocalypse setting?'' Haize said seriously, because every time he stared at the crack, his bad feeling was strengthened.

Lyse looked at his older brother as if he was stupid, ''Man, I think you need some rest from your work, you're even seeing a crack standing in the middle of the sky? Are you halluci-''

Before he could finish his words, Lyse saw a scarily huge crack standing on midair, and quickly gulped down the unfinished words, ''Holy motherf*cking sh*t! Big bro, this thing is too scary!''

''This is exactly why I called you, we'll go home. There, I believe we can be safe.'' Haize said while chuckling at the reaction of his brother, 'He is, after all, just 17 this year. It's good that he could enjoy his teenage years peacefully.

After around twenty and five minutes, they got home. Their home is a huge mansion, and many other similar mansions were around. There were dozens of them, but Haize just ignored them before entering the huge house, and locking it.

''Is it truly necessary to lock the house? I mean, we live in an agglomeration of mansions, and the security here is top-notch.'' Lyse said while rolling his eyes, but his words were utterly ignored by Haize.

''Lyse, we'll wait here to see if something happens. If something does happen, I can only say that sh*t hit the fan.'' Haize said, and Lyse looked at him with shock. His ever-serious and elegant older brother actually used such words?! It brought him a huge shock, indeed.

The remaining time to complete two hours quietly passed, as their visions suddenly turned as dark as the abyss. A cold, genderless voice suddenly reverberated through the mind of all living beings, be it the frightened humans, or the animals, they all heard it.

''The mortals of the universe have disappointed the Gods, and Goddesses. From now on, they're not under protection anymore and shall start their trial!''

''Fight for survival or get swallowed by the waves. Weak will be prey to the strong, and only those who evolve will survive!''

''Welcome to God's Playground!''

=============

[Author Notes: HEYOOOO! Welcome to my first original novel, everyone! I'm so emotional due to that! *sniff sniff*

Did you get interested in the novel? What are ya waiting then, man? Add it to ya' library and gimme a 5-star review!!!!!!!]

1