Chapter 3 – Fisherman
53 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just as Haize was observing the two monsters who were preparing to fight each other, they seemed to notice a faint murderous aura leaking from his body. The two monsters growled towards each other, before looking at him with blood-like eyes.

Suddenly, the two monsters advanced towards him with an incredible speed. The distance of five meters between them was crossed in a single instant, as they attacked him with their claws.

'Goddamit!' Haize thought before quickly rolling towards them, the bear's paw ended up hitting the Horned Lizard, as he named it. A low growl left the Horned Lizard's mouth, and a faint white light started gathering at the tip of its horn.

Haize was shocked by this, but quickly shook his head, 'If these monsters can have such power, it's just natural that they can use such a thing... This is getting truly dangerous.'

After successfully rising his company in power, Haize had to do many things in order to protect his brother. Assassination attempts to both him, and his brother were constant, and so he couldn't be 'normal'. In order to protect his younger brother, Lyse, he had stained his hands with blood.

He passed through intense training to hone his body and skills. This was his main confidence in fighting against these things, and this development led him to believe that he would need luck to win.

'It is aiming at me while the bear is coming at me, the moment I feel it's going to fire, I'll jump to the side. If it can hit the bear, it means I'm lucky.' Haize thought while counting the seconds, but the bear was already in front of him, mouth opened.

''Roar!'' It roared loudly before bitting down. Taking the opportunity, Haize raised his Desert Eagle 50, and shot precisely at its mouth.

Bang!

The loud sound of a gunshot was heard, as a powerful bullet penetrated the White Bear's body through its mouth. Haize had seen through the TV that these monsters are too resistant, and bullets can barely harm them in non-vital areas.

As such, he thought of shooting at their mouth, and eyes. It proved to be effective, as the White Bear wailed in immense pain, as the bullet passed through its mouth, and even ended up hitting an internal organ.

At this time, an immense crisis surrounded Haize's heart, as he felt a beam of light shooting from the Horned Lizard's horn. He quietly thought six seconds, before quickly rolling to the side, as a bright beam of light passed by his side.

However, he wasn't fast enough, as it still ended up grazing through his arm. A scary wound was left on his entire left arm, and it rendered his left arm useless. Luckily for Haize, he was holding his gun in the right hand.

Enduring the piercing pain, Haize felt relieved after seeing the beam of light traveling to the side and hitting the White Bear. A gaping hole was left on its paw, and it roared in pain, and anger, ''Roar!''

A fight between the two monsters broke out as the White Bear was completely angered by the Horned Lizard's attack, who felt wronged. They have low IQ, but it was certain that its intention wasn't to harm the bear, at least not yet.

The White Bear roared to the sky, before raising its right paw in utter anger, and sending an attack towards the Horned Lizard.  As the Horned Lizard dodged, the paw hit the ground, as a small hole with a diameter of thirty centimeters was left on the concrete.

If an attack like that ended up hitting Haize's head, it didn't matter if he trained his body, and honed his skills. It would end up with instant death, and Haize estimated that this wasn't even the White Bear's full strength, given that the Horned Lizard could use that beam of light as means of attack.

Looking around, cold sweat dripped down Haize's back, as he saw that many of the so-called high-end cars, and even bullet-proof cars were 'cut' in half by the beam of light as if they were pudding. He secretly felt happy that it barely hit his arm, or he would leave this with only one arm.

Quietly, Haize hid behind a high-end car, and waited for an opportunity. His left arm's hideous wound seemed to be ignited by fire, as he felt a burning pain. Enduring it, the black-haired man noticed that the Horned Lizard had a slight advantage against the White Bear.

'If I wait for the right time, I can shoot the Horned Lizard to death, while leaving the White Bear slightly alive, Ly will be able to get a kill...' Haize thought while narrowing his eyes, a cold glint shining inside them. Maybe he was wrong, but Haize was almost certain that humans would be able to evolve if they kill a monster.

Looking towards the hidden room, Haize saw that Lyse was looking through a small gap towards him. He stealthily waved his hand for his younger brother to hide completely inside it, and Lyse seemed to understand, as he hid.

Sighing in relief, Haize noticed that there were many gaping wounds on both the White Bear and Horned Lizard. However, as the Horned Lizard accumulated wounds and could barely dodge, a white-colored light was almost fully gathered on its sole horn.

Seemingly anxious, the White Bear increased the intensity of its attack, as if knowing that it would definitely die, in case it was hit by the beam. Alas, it wasn't able to kill the Horned Lizard before it could gather its attack. A white-colored beam of light penetrated the White Bear's heart.

ROAR!

Just as the Horned Lizard thought that the White Bear would instantly die, a loud roar left the Bear's mouth. Its eyes became a deeper shade of red, as a faint red glow enveloped its paw, that grabbed two of the Horned Lizard's legs, and forcefully ripped it!

Then, it quietly fell to the ground, and was about to die in nothing but a few seconds, after losing its ability to fight. Bright red brilliance dyed the ground with a red luster, as a bloody smell permeated the air. Luckily, Haize had already closed the underground garage, so no other monsters were attracted.

With the Horned Lizard now unconscious after feeling the intense pain of losing two legs. Haize's eyes shone with a cold light after seeing the many high-end cars cut in half, 'That was expensive, and you had to destroy it? Man...'

Then, he shook his head before leaving his oh-so-hidden spot, and aiming his gun at the White Bear's eye. He was certainly going to deal the last hit. His cold eyes shone with a golden brilliance, as he shot its eyes mercilessly.

Bang!

                    0-Star White-furred Bear was killed. Requirements for the awakening of Mana has been achieved. 

Suddenly, Haize's mind went blank, as he was brought to a mysterious world where he could see his gene locks being freed from shackles. Just as the process of his Mana being awakened went on, a strange creature that didn't seem to have any form suddenly looked towards him.

Behind its seemingly formless body, a pair of white-colored wings moved continuously, as a cold yet surprised, genderless voice left its mouth, ''Interesting.''

As these words left its mouth, it waved its seemingly formless hands before disappearing into the endless cosmos.

1