Chapter 5 – Humans [1]
41 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

''Ly, is your ability called Infinite Sun Flames?'' Haize asked, even though the obvious signs of having the same sun-like mark on their forehead, he still wanted to confirm it. If so, this meant that their abilities came from their genes, which would probably make sense.

Lyse said in a carefree manner as they dismantled the bodies, ''Yup. You also got the same ability? I mean, the forehead mark and all...''

Looking at his brother's carefree expression, Haize's eyebrows twitched a bit. A few minutes passed, and they completely dismantled the two bodies. Perhaps it was due to their usage of Mana, but it wasn't as hard to cut them as it would if they didn't.

''It seems that the awakening of Mana truly caused an evolution. It did say our physique would change, if so... Maybe our physique isn't that different from the monsters, the White Bear didn't truly have very tough skin, but it could defend them against bullets.'' Haize muttered while analyzing the previous situations.

Different from the Horned Lizard, whose scales could actually defend it from bullets, Haize noted that the White Bear wasn't as tough in defense. Now that there was no immediate threat of death, he could use a bit of time to analyze the fight. It didn't take long for Haize to come to the conclusion that their strongest defense came from Mana.

He wasn't one to delay things, so without an ounce of hesitation, Haize held his Desert Eagle 50 loaded with .50 AE ammunition and pointed at his own hand. It was somewhat strange, but now he could faintly see red dots pointing at his targeted hand.

The black-haired man was a bit confused, but not as much, 'This is probably attributed to the awakening of Mana, and evolution of physique. Mana is a very wonderful thing, hm.'

Then, Haize mobilized his Mana as an invisible layer covered his body. Lyse noticed him pointing the gun at his own hand before saying in a somewhat loud tone, ''Oi oi, brother, you nuts, man? You're going to put a hole in your own hand, dude!''

Bang!

Ignoring his brother's worries as putting his guess to practice was very important for their future safety, Haize shot without hesitation. Just as he thought, the bullet only left a small scratch. And seeing that degree of injury, only if he was shot in the eyes or mouth, would true damage be made.

''Don't worry, Ly. I have confirmed something that is very important for our current, and future safety.'' Haize said, before adding after seeing the suspiciousness evident on Lyse's face, ''If you cover your entire body with a layer of Mana, it's like an invisible shield. It doesn't deplete your Mana continuously, but every time it is broken, you'll need to replenish it.''

''Also, immediately activate that Mana Defense. It basically improves our physique defense, and as long as it's not broken, we won't lose any Mana. You can't lower your guard, there are hundreds of these monsters out there, not to mention stronger ones.'' Haize said with utmost seriousness, Lyse nodded before putting up a Mana Defense.

''Yeah, this is cool and all but brother, if you were wrong... You would have shot yourself in the hand. What if it hit an important part, and made it impossible to regenerate?'' Lyse stubbornly said. He was upset that his older brother wasn't considering his utmost safety after all.

Even if the guess was true.

Ruffling Lyse's hair, Haize pressed a button as from the wall, kitchen necessities slowly came out. His younger brother's mouth was nearly touching the ground due to the shock, ''Brother, you had a Batcave but didn't tell me?!''

''Yeah, it seems that we don't have electricity though.'' Haize said while feeling a bit smug. Surprising his younger brother was a very hard thing, given that he grew up watching anime, and reading mangas and novels. There wasn't much the 17-year-old youngster hadn't seen in fantasy-like animes and novels.

''Uh, then how are we going to roast the meat?'' Lyse asked before a lightbulb suddenly lighted on his head. He felt a bit dumb after seeing his brother looking at him strangely, as a golden flame was floating above Haize's head.

Lyse concentrated a bit before feeling the connection with his ability. Just as he went to roast it, Haize stopped him, ''Not trying to say anything, but please don't try cooking. The last time you cooked something for me, I had to stay two hours straight in the bathroom.''

Sighing, Lyse dejectedly sat on the ground as Haize started roasting it. Haize's eyes shone with a bright golden brilliance, as he controlled the Flame perfectly. Maybe due to instinct, but controlling it was the same as controlling his own arm.

'This is going a bit slow, hm...' Haize said as the golden Flame covered all meat they were going to eat. The temperature suddenly rose by many times, as the meat was visibly changing color. Haize sprinkled a bit of salt on it, and a few other spices to make it more delicious.

It didn't take much time, as within a minute, the meat was completely cooked. Haize felt that his ability truly was convenient, ''Cooking meat in just a minute previously would be just impossible. Infinite Sun Flames truly is a good thing, can be used for many things.''

''Delicious!'' Lyse exclaimed after hurriedly taking a bite. A strong flavor assaulted his taste buds, and as he ate that piece of meat, he felt that even his Mana increased by a tiny bit! Even though it was a very tiny increase, it was still something!

Just as Haize was eating, he started paying attention to the monitors that were showing a few humans forcibly breaking inside the house through the backdoor, 'Humans don't change, do they? We are truly a greedy race, due to their greed, they ignored the threat of monsters...'

There was a man, and three women entering their house through the backdoor. As Lyse looked over to the cameras, he said, ''I know one of these women, brother! She is a classmate, and she lives in the mansion next to ours. Should we open the underground garage?''

Different from what Lyse expected Haize to react, the black-haired man had a vicious, terrifying smile plastered on his face, ''Open the underground garage to them? For sure, Ly.''

''But know one thing; The moment they invaded the house due to their greed, these humans aren't our allies. I was wondering how I would make you kill another human so soon, to get rid of our instinctive fear of killing another human being. But now... I know what to do because they're not allies''

''They're enemies.''

======

Note: The chapter title has an [1] on the side because this is the first part. Not all chapters will have this, and only some that will continue on the next, or the few next will have it. 

1