Chapter 15 – Cleaning the Monsters [1]
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join my community server for Authors and Readers: Discord

====

All around the world, monsters started coming out of small portals that appeared throughout it. The impact wasn't as heavy as the one in Ottawa, but it wasn't light as well. The army made a ''safe'' base that could protect the citizens and discovered how to awaken people's Mana.

 

After knowing the situation all around after checking the Earth's forum, Haize was a bit surprised. He honestly thought that the military would do their best to hide that information, and keep it for themselves. But soon, he remembered that with every phone on Earth connected to that network...

 

That would be impossible. As soon as he created the Covering Sun's forum, he also created a thread named - How to awaken Mana for Dummies. It was somehow pinned on the top of the forum.

 

Name: Sol Haize

Age: 25 years old

Title: First Blood, Swordsman+

 

Mana Stage: Peak 0-Star

Abilities: Abyssal Wind

Infinite Sun Flames

 

After seeing his status, Haize was confident. His Mana Sphere was now basketball-sized, and his total Mana capacity doubled. However, that wasn't the most important progress that Haize had made.

 

No matter how high he was in the Mana Stages, what he needed was control. With proper control of his own Mana, not only would the damage be higher but the Mana required to use the attack would be lower. That was his biggest confidence.

 

With both the Mana Stage and the control of Mana increasing, it was naturally a good bonus. Lyse and John said that they were already halfway to the Peak 0-Star, and it wouldn't take more than another week and a few days to get there.

 

''Hehehe....'' Lyse let out a creepy laughter after imagining him tearing the monsters that invaded their home to pieces and burning them to ashes. Haize and John promptly distanced themselves from him a bit, as the former said, ''Is he okay?''

 

John hesitated a bit before sighing, ''Whenever he wants to troll someone, he laughs like that. I can only guess that this time, the scale of ''trolling'' will be way higher. We should fear for the worst, bro.''

 

''...'' Haize stared at Lyse blankly after the latter simply stopped laughing and approached them as if nothing happened. He was speechless, truly speechless.

 

Shaking his head to dispel his mind from wandering to unknown places, Haize focused on their current objective. Looking over the two youngsters before him, he started talking about the plan once again. Afterward, they each took a weapon.

 

Haize held his loyal Katana in his right hand, while Lyse was holding a beautiful, green-colored dagger in his hand. At the same time, John held a horn in his left hand, looking slightly unusual when compared to the siblings, ''Uh, I got this from a Horned Lizard that died out there. Okay, maybe I borrowed it from someone who tried to borrow something from me...''

 

He was ignored.

 

On the siblings' forehead, the sun-like mark shone with bright radiance, illuminating the entire area. As the passage opened, the whole mansion was like a party house and so it attracted a few White-furred Bears wandering outside. As ordinary cannon-fodder, they were killed nearly instantly.

 

Haize smirked after lowering the numbers of the White-furred Bears down a bit. Their plan is very simple; They don't have a plan at all. It was a decided strategy, but definitely not a plan.

 

Since the black-haired siblings had ''accidentally'' destroyed John's control with the two dead monsters, the latter had to control new ones. Though weaker, they were just like living monsters, and so they were good to attract more White-furred Bears.

 

Just when the attracted Bears felt something was wrong, their consciousness faded away, never to awaken again. In that way, they slowly dragged the number of White-furred Bears down. Unfortunately for them, that fell short as the commander-level Bear seemed to notice the loss of subordinates.

 

Roar!

 

A powerful roar was heard by the trio, as a chilly aura permeated the air. Suddenly, Ice literally rushed towards them from all directions, but neither of them was worried due to it. Lyse smiled in a smug manner, before waving his hands in a circular manner, ''Infinite Sun Ring.''

 

Of course, he didn't say that out loud. Lyse was still a bit embarrassed about coming with such a name. A wide and open circle of Infinite Sun Flames surrounded them, blocking any Ice from approaching. Just then, a huge shadow descended from above, and the ground trembled with the impact.

 

''Oh, baby, you fell for the trap!'' Lyse said after seeing a huge, 4.5 meters tall White-furred Bear. It looked at the trio with hatred in its eyes. It was irritated that these ant-like creatures, who are nothing but its prey, dared to fight back.

 

A chilly aura surrounded its body, as crystal-like snowflakes floated around the commander-level White-furred Bear. This was the power of a 1-Star being, and even Haize felt faintly dangerous from it. Just in terms of pure Mana capacity, it had at least four times more Mana.

 

''Roar!'' The commander-level White-furred Bear roared to the sky before jumping towards the nearest Lyse, who was prepared for its attack. It was even a bit slower, but as the two arms hit the ground, cracks appeared all around.

 

John also attracted its attention, as he exclaimed, ''I got the aggro!''

 

''This is real life, you f*cking weeb!'' Lyse shouted before sending out a small wave of Infinite Sun Flames, which the White-furred Bear blocked by raising a wall of Ice. However, it was fighting against three fighters that could contend with it.

 

Haize made a cut on its belly side, as a huge palm hit him in his face side. He was slapped in the face by a White-furred Bear, quite literally. Lyse and John mocked him briefly while dodging waves of Ice coming at them.

 

And the black-haired man wasn't angered by that, he simply traded an injury for another. However, he didn't want to be mocked by his own siblings and so he fought with more seriousness. A huge palm passed by his side, as his Katana cut out in its direction.

 

The commander-level Bear seemed to anticipate it, as it promptly retracted its palm. Ice shards shot towards Haize, Lyse, and John. The trio chose to avoid the attacks, as more Ice started spreading on the surroundings, just to be burned by the ring of flames.

 

It looked like a small world of Fire and Ice.

 

Haize's fist went to greet the Bear's palm, as the two of them retreated two meters, being evenly divided. Haize silently calculated that if he used both abilities to reinforce his strength, he would be stronger than the Bear. Lyse wasn't losing any time, as blade-shaped Flames were summoned around him.

 

They shot with great speed, cutting and burning the White-furred Bear, that wailed in pain. A faint, reddish glow surrounded the commander-level being's body, letting out a hell-like aura. Haize's eyes sharpened, as they burned with a fiery golden flame.

 

Staring at the distance, where the Horned Lizards' area is, Haize's eyes slowly turned cold. The two horizontal black-colored lines on the side of his eyes seemed to glow with the aura of the abyss, where the scariest demons live at. Today, these monsters were going to be annihilated.

 

Holding the hilt with both hands, with the Katana blade pointing backward on the right side of his body, an intense momentum was bred by Haize. In a seemingly slow but incredibly fast motion, Haize slashed out to the front.

 

A crescent moon-shaped light shot out of the Katana, black and gold brilliance intertwined together, constantly switching places. It created a beautiful radiance of light, but what is beautiful is often dangerous as well. The crescent moon-shaped blade light just had a size of three meters, way smaller compared to the first time Haize used it.

 

But the aura that radiated from it made the berserk White-furred Bear's fur straightened out, and it felt a wave of death surrounding itself. It raised its hands, as an intense Ice Wall rose up, trying to block the blade. Alas, it was too late.

 

Haize's eyes grew increasingly cold, and his eyes were emotionless, like a machine made with the sole purpose of killing. As the next words left his mouth, the White-furred Bear knew no more.

 

''Abyssal Sun Slash.''

====

Support me for advanced chapters ahead of the released: Patreon

0