Prologue
4.9k 29 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I quietly tip-toed out of my room trying to make as little noise as possible. I snuck up the stairs from my room in the basement to try and find what I was looking for.

There next to the door on the keychain were the keys to my dad's car, a Mercedes C class.

Of course, I already had a car of my own, a regular Honda, that I got the day I passed my permit test. But there was no way I would drive that old car around, imagine what my friends would say. I mean Josh already had a Tesla and he doesn't even have his permit yet!

I took the keys with me as I snuck out of the main door of the mansion.

I walked as quietly as I could towards the car, using my phone's flashlight as a guide to light the way.

When I finally made my way across the front lawn and the garden to reach the parking space I realized that my parents weren't even here. My dad was a hospital director and my mom the vice director. They had built the business from the ground up and still worked very late hours sometimes. I could tell they weren't here because the Jeep, which my dad liked to drive around, was missing. They would probably come back home together.

With a quick flick of my wrist, I checked the time on my Rolex it had been a 15th birthday gift. 1:17. Good, that means I still had some time to meet Josh and Allen, the plan was to show up at 1:30.

I quickly used the remote to open the front gate so I could get the car out. I didn't worry about subtlety anymore, not with my parents both at work.

I carefully drove out of the gate, trying not to hit the statues at the entrance of the Manor.

While I did have a little experience driving, it was just a few hours, so I wanted to be careful.

I drove out into the road that connected the mansion to the surrounding homes and sped off towards the highway. After a few minutes of driving and following the GPS on my phone to the address Josh had given me, I wasn't as tense as before.

I pressed down on the accelerator as the car purred and zoomed down the freeway. Within minutes I was at the meeting spot we decided, the parking lot of a close-by pizza place.

I checked the time again, 1:28. I was here on time but my friends were nowhere to be seen. I waited an extra 5 minutes before angrily taking out my phone to text the bastards. We had been planning this for weeks, they couldn't bail now.

I spam called Josh and Allen's numbers for what seemed to be an eternity until I finally got a text back.

'Sorry dude, can't make it today. Little cousins are over, they'll for sure snitch if I leave my house rn.'

Dammit. Dammit. That fucker. I threw my phone on the floor as hard I could and instantly regretted it.

Not because I cared about the phone. Fuck that, I could always get another one. But because I still needed the GPS to get back home.

I quickly ran to where my phone had landed and picked it up in a hurry to check the damage.

I let the breath I had been holding when I realized it was fine, just a crack on the case.

I walked towards my car in anger, I had risked getting caught stealing it just for my friends to cancel.

I quickly entered my address in the GPS and sped off towards my house. I was going well above the speed limit, but I didn't care. The cold night wind hitting my face helped me cool down.

After I got off the highway I sped down the road towards my house, at this point I wasn't really paying attention to the road in front of me, I knew it by heart. My thoughts were still filled with my friends ditching me, at least tell me beforehand if the plan was canceled.

BOOM!

A wave of pain shot through my head as I crashed into the steering wheel of my car. My vision blurred as I felt the blood start to pour down from a huge wound on my head.

I tried to open my phone to call for help, but my finger couldn't hold it steady as it fell from my hands to the floor of the car.

I slowly got out of the car and looked around for anything that could help me. At this point I couldn't see anything anymore, the blood poured down from my head into my eyes as I felt my vision go black and I collapsed next to the side of my car.

Little did I know there was another boy that had also fallen to the floor mere feet from where I stood.

He too, just like me, had taken his last breath and it was all my fault.

85