Growth (2)
3.2k 8 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the weeks passed I continued my training with both my ki and physically. Though I saw little growth in the strength of my body; I knew I would have to keep it up, if not I would lose the gains I had already made.

But with my ki, it was a totally different story. I was able to maneuver in the air by the end of the second day, and by the end of the first week, I doubted it would ever need to ride an airplane again.

In fact, sometimes I felt like I was improving too rapidly. As if the ki in my body was developing too fast for my body to catch up to.

This had turned out especially bad when I started to try and use Ki blasts.

At first, I had been cautious. Slowly feeling out my ki and trying to direct it out of my hand in a beam. What resulted was a very disappointing poof of smoke while I looked around to see if anyone had managed to see my sad attempt at a ki blast.

But when I started to increase the amount of ki it started to feel almost natural. I tested the strength of the blasts and I could easily blast rocks of the size I had tried to lift earlier.

But when I tried to pour even more ki into the blasts, that's when complications started to occur. I increased the amount I was using in my blasts by nearly half and tried firing it into a larger rock to see what kind of damage I could do.

Then in the middle of the blast, I felt my whole arm feel as though it was about to burst. It was as if the ki had overloaded the arm itself it was not short-circuiting. The Ki blast that came out was the same size as the one I had fired off before and I managed to figure out, from the brain-numbing pain that was coming from my arm, that the rest of it was still somehow stuck in my arm.

I quickly got into a meditative position trying to force the rest of the ki that was in my arm out of my system. I bit back a grunt of pain as the skin on my arm literally starting peeling apart as if the ki was trying to force itself out of my body.

I entered meditation easily, I had become quite proficient at it in the last few weeks, and focus my mind on my right arm.

I felt the residue of ki left behind from my ki blast as I focused my mind to once again take control of it. I gathered up the remaining ki and fired it off into the ground by my feet, setting out a sigh of relief as the pain left me.

Well, most of it anyway, half of the skin on my arm was still missing, even though it was quite a light wound, akin to one you would get from being under the sun too long, it still hurt like a bitch. I floated down to the ground, for some reason I found it much easier to meditate in midair than on the ground and looked at my arm to make sure the injuries weren't too bad.

I walked to the nearest water source, which happened to be a tiny lake of water that we often used to wash our clothes. I washed off the blood on my arm, much of which had started to dry, as I tried to think how I would explain to mom how I got sunburnt on the bottom and top of my arm.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Raiden." I flinched when I heard my mother scream my name as I entered the house. "Where were you! Mister, you know what time dinner is, and this isn't the first time this week either!

"The foods starting to get co-" my mother stopped when he saw the state my arm was in. It looked torn up, and with the blood starting to dry and scabs forming it looked a lot more gruesome than it actually was.

Quickly the angry expression on my mother's face changed to one of worry as she crouched down beside to and examined my arm.

"Ohh my poor baby, what happened how did you get hurt?"

"Uhhh, I fell?" What else could I tell her? That I had figured how to use a mystical energy called ki, and it nearly caused my arm to explode while I experimented with it.

No way, at that point I wouldn't need to worry about my arm anymore, I couldn't even be allowed to leave the house.

My mother raised an eyebrow at my lame attempt at an excuse but decided to deal with it later seeing as I was still injured.

She quickly grabbed the first aid kit we kept in the house, my dad had bought it after one of the other villagers had nearly gotten tramped to death by a stay T-Rex.

She quickly put what I'm pretty sure was alcohol on my arm, from the way my arm burned when she sprinkled it on me. Then she bandaged my arm, making sure to cover all the peeled away skin, and even made a makeshift cast so I wouldn't accidentally hit my arm on anything. By the time she was done, I looked like I had actually broken my arm not just gotten minor wounds on it.

"Raiden! What happened?" I heard the door open when my sister, go had gone to one of her friend's homes for the day, stepped into the house. What followed was a scream even higher pitched than my mother's.

As she starting to fuss over my arm, I let out a deep sigh. It was going to be a long night.

96