20th World Martial Arts Tournament
2.4k 19 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Raiden panicked as he looked at the ball of destruction in his hand, he had moments if not seconds until it exploded, leaving destruction in its wake.

He would've flown up taking the ball of ki with him, but he didn't have enough ki for even that, having drained it all during his practice.

Having no other option Raiden did the first thing that came to his head, he chucked the ball of ki as high as he could, putting all his strength into the throw.

The glowing ball of ki flew into the air leaving a trail of blinding light. It reached the apex of its flight and combusted with a blast of white light that shattered glass for miles around the explosion with the shock wave.

Raiden who had been floating in mid-air flew back with the force of the blast and hit the ground with a small thud. His vision started to darken as he heard footsteps come running towards him.

"You little bastard what are you doing? Are you trying to kill us all!" said the enraged voice of king Chappa.

"New Years came early.." Raiden managed to croak before finally passing out from exhaustion.

 

After the little incident where he almost blew up all of south capitol, Raiden decided to take it easy with his practice.

He drastically lowered the amount of ki he was experimenting with, so if he did lose control he wouldn't be able to cause harm to anyone.

And his training paid off. By the day Raiden left for papaya island with Chappa and Yajirobe he had a small glowing white ball rotating behind his back.

After two months of practice, he could finally keep a decent amount of ki stable outside his body and under his control. The amount was about a fifth of what he could with his body and even if that didn't sound like much, it meant he had pretty much increased his strength by 20 percent.

The idea to keep it as a ball floating behind him was from Naruto, when he finally awakens six paths mode, Raiden thought it looked really cool.

But there were still complications. Keeping the ki stable and condensed around him required him to focus on it at all times. Even though the ki wouldn't explode like last time, because of the greatly reduced amount. It would still start to leak into the surroundings and slowly lose its luster if he didn't hold it up.

While he had pretty much mastered using the ki during daily life, even during his spars with Yajirobe and Chappa. Where the ki floated around him and could fire surprise blasts at them as a sneak attack. It was still a headache to keep it stable as he slept. He would go to bed with a ball of glowing white light and when he woke there would do nothing there.

He was forced to meditate every morning to draw out ki and prepare it for the rest of the day, but even the time it took to do that decreased significantly when he realized he didn't have to use only one arm to draw it out. 

When Raiden used ki blasts he mainly used his arms as the outlet for it so naturally, he had also used his arms to prepare the ki for his ki balls. But then after a few weeks, he realized how stupid he was. Hadn't he shot a ki blast from his mouth during his spar against Yajirobe?

After that, he started using his whole body to outlet ki for the ki balls which made the process much after than before, shortening the time from hours to minutes.

Now ready with his new technique Raiden was almost sure he would win the tournament.

 

On the day the tournament started Raiden arrived at Papaya island dressed in his normal training gi, but over it, he was wearing a crimson red robe that went down the length of his back. He wasn't walking by slowly gliding a few inches above the surface of the ground so that his robe flowed behind him. With the glowing white sphere behind him, it gave him a truly majestic appearance.

Which was then promptly ruined by his short stature and babyface.

Chappa led them to the table where you have to sign up for the tournament since he had been here before.

"We want to sign up for the tournament," said Chappa to the monk that was taking care of the process.

The monk looked up from the stack of papers in front of him and took out a pen, "Names please." He asked.

"King Chappa"

"Yajirobe"

"The Sage Raiden"

Yajirobe and Chappa both looked at Raiden with a confused look on their faces and Raiden couldn't help but laugh.

"What. It sounds cool. Like I'm a magician." Raiden defended himself.

Raiden heard Chappa mutter something about brats as they made their way into the tournament building to get assigned a block in the preliminaries.

87