Finals(2)
1.8k 5 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Raiden quickly burst forward to not let Yajirobe initiate the offense.

Instead of running towards Yajirobe he was now using the airwalk technique to fly towards him with a burst of speed. It also helped mitigate the difference of reach between him and his opponent.

He quickly threw a kick towards Yairobe's head that Yajirobe quickly ducked.

Yajirobe tried to spin and sweep Raiden's legs but realized too late that he was no longer on the ground causing him to miss.

Raiden didn't waste the opportunity throwing an ax kick at Yajirobe who was still on the floor.

Yajirobe barely managed to get one arm up to block the kick, but the resulting force caused cracks to start forming beneath his feet on the ring.

After blocking the kick Yajirobe knew he was in a dangerous position so he quickly got to his feet and jumped backward to create some distance between him and Raiden.

Getting back on his feet he smirked at Raiden and said," You're going to need to do better than that if you want to beat me. I guess the other fights took too much out of you"

"Yea? Are you sure about that? Look carefully I think you may be forgetting something important," Raiden replied.

Yajirobe raised an eyebrow and inspected the ring again. Missing something? What could he possibly be missing? His sword sure but he already knew that. It's not like they were allowed weapons anyway. Yajirobe's eyes went wide when he realized; while he wasn't allowed to have weapons Raiden was. His ball of ki and it was nowhere to be found.

Before Yajirobe had a chance to react a big flash of ki went off behind him where Raiden's ki ball was.

It had charged up and shot as powerful a ki blast as Yajirobe's exposed back causing him to fly across the ring, with him barely stopping his momentum with a skid at the edge of the ring, now with a large burn like a wound on his back.

Yajirobe slowly stood back up wincing in pain, "Ahh you little bastard. That hurts." He growled.

Raiden, of course, knew better than to let him recover from the attack so he went right back on the offensive throwing a flurry of punches and kicks at Yajirobe who desperately blocked trying to get back into the fight.

Still, Raiden was surprised the ki blast didn't finish to fight. Maybe Yajirobe managed to use ki to block some of the blast?

Seeing Yajirobe struggle to block his attacks Raiden decided to use one of his favorite moves to catch him off guard. He threw a low kick to Yajirobe's right leg which diverted his attention for a split second, which he used to start charging his ki. As Yajirobe moved to block his kick Raiden opened his mouth wide open and fired a ki blast right at Yajirobe's face.

Because Raiden only used a split second to charge the blast he knew it wouldn't actually do much damage to his large opponent. But that wasn't what he was hoping for, what he was aiming for was actually Yajirobe's Vision. Inspired by the solar flare, which was mainly used to run away, Raiden used to blast to temporarily blind Yajirobe so he could finish the fight.

And his tactic worked. Yajirobe still dazed from the shot rubbed his eyes in pain as Raiden closed in, making almost no noise since he was still using the airwalk, he hit Yajirobe right in the Temple with a spinning kick. Knowing how tanky the large man was, Raiden didn't stop his assault. He continued by grabbing Yajirobe while he was still stunned and threw him as hard as he could out of the ring.

Yajirobe landed with a dull thud while the crowd cheered for the young victor of the tournament. Raiden took a few seconds to soak in the applause and cheers, this was it, what he had been training for years for. But he quickly snapped out of it and jumped down from the ring as he heard the announcer declare him the winner by knockout.

He went over to where Yajirobe was laying down rubbing his eyes with his chubby hands. He seemed to have recovered his vision at least by the way he was glaring at Raiden.

"At least I know the kick to the head didn't change your attitude," Raiden said with a laugh as he extended a hand to help Yajirobe up to his feet.

"Don't get too happy you brat. Just remember you still have to treat me to a meal," Yajirobe replied with a growl.

'NOOO, all the money that I earned from the tournament will go to feeding this fatass' Raiden thought as his face went pale at the prospect of treating Yajirobe to a meal.

Raiden went backstage to where he got congratulated by the monks and collected his winning. He tried to seem excited but it was hard knowing your winnings were about to get eaten away.

After he left the tournament building he saw Yajirobe and Chappa waiting for him outside. Of course, Chappa would want to get in on a full meal. Putting his head down in resignation he told them to lead the way to where they wanted to eat.

64