Across the Desert
1.7k 7 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Can you tell me what we can't just fly to frypan mountain," said Raiden annoyed.

"Well you two can fly, but how would I get there. It would take me three days by myself on land," Bulma retorted.

"Well I could have just carried you over," Raiden replied.

"Hmmph, no way am I going to go through that again, it was scary as hell. Also what if you drop me?" Bulma asked.

"We both know that's not gonna happen, and we wouldn't be moving slowly through this lake if only you were pure-hearted. You would've been able to ride the Flying Nimbus with Goku," Raiden accused.

"Well, it's not like you can ride it either," Bulma snapped.

Raiden was about to respond when the scene of him walking into the bathroom when Bulma came to his head. He could feel Bulma staring at him and looked away to hide the fact that his face was going a bright shade of red.

Bulma smirked seeing Raiden's reaction. She didn't know what he was thinking about but knew she was right when she said wouldn't be able to fly on the cloud either.

"How much longer," Goku interrupted saving Raiden from the awkward situation.

"Soon Goku, we should be past the water in a few hours," Raiden said.

* * *

The trio speed across the desert, Bulma riding on a motorcycle and Goku and Raiden flying next to her.

Bulma had dropped her capsules in the lake as they were boating across but luckily Raiden still had his, so they didn't have to slow down by walking.

Unknown to Bulma and Goku the three were secretly being watched from afar by a cat with a telescope hidden in a rocky outcrop.

"Come on Yamcha I see three sitting ducks crossing the desert," Puar informed.

"Is that so," Yamcha said as he took the telescope from Puar. "Great a kid and a blond who seems to be using some type of new hover tech, could be a problem," Yamcha said observing the trio.

Unfortunately for him, that was the exact time Bulma had decided that she needed a break and was resting under a giant rock.

"Cmon let's go get 'em," Yamcha said climbing onto his quad bike.

Yamcha and Puar sped towards the trio on their quadbike ready to rob them blind.

* * *

"Raiden do you hear something? It kinda sounds like a rumbling noise," Goku asked Raiden as they waited for Bulma to finish her little nap.

"Yea it kinda sounds like uselessness," Raiden replied with a smile on his face as if he was remembering something funny.

Goku finally noticed something speeding towards them, but innocent as it was just started at the quadbike and the person and cat on it with curiosity.

"Hehe Nice to meet you," Yamcha said jumping off his bike.

"Huh, who are you?" asked Goku, as Raiden quickly analyzed Yamcha and decided he wasn't at all a threat.

"I'm the hyena who's citadel is this vast desert, Yamcha the bandit!" said Yamcha arrogantly. "Now hand over all your money and capsules kid," he threatened Goku. "And don't try to fly away either, if you want the kid to live," he added to Raiden.

"Go ahead Goku, take care of him. He's trying to kill us and take our stuff," Raiden said to Goku.

"Huh kill us! Why would you do that?" he said angrily to Yamcha.

Yamcha just ignored him and started to draw his blade from its sheath. He swung his sword in a wide arc as if trying to behead Goku with one swing. Goku reacted quickly and jumped over the blade and countered with his power pole. Yamcha was forced to block with his sword which Goku quickly took advantage of by stretching out his power pole and slamming the bandit right on the chest with it.

Yamcha groaned in pain and clutched his chest where a bruise was no doubt forming.

"You how did you get that pole, only one man should possess the power pole," Yamcha suddenly asked.

"I got it from my grandpa," Goku replied.

"Hm, so that means your grandpa must have been," Yamcha started.

"Yep Son Gohan," Goku said with a grin on his face.

Yamcha had a look of awe on his face but quickly snapped out of it and charged Goku again. Raiden thought Goku would continue to beat Yamcha to a pulp when he suddenly felt Goku's ki drop.

"Uhh I'm hungry I don't have any more energy," Goku murmured distracted by his growling stomach.

Raiden was bout to step in and send Yamcha flying when Bulma walked right next to where Goku was standing. Apparently, she had woken up due to all the noise they had been making.

Suddenly Yamcha stopped his charge and started at Bulma who was still groggy from her nap. He quickly went a bright shade of red and fell back.

"P-Puar I think we should make a tactical retreat for now," he said as he grabbed Puar and rocketed away on his quad bike.

Raiden just stood there looking at the sand trail the bandit had left in shock wondering what had just happened.

63