The Wish
1.5k 21 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The three stared at the 7 dragon balls in front of them with anticipation. They had traveled all across the continent for the balls and now finally they were all right there, on the ground in front of them.

Raiden had thought Goku would be a little more upset at having to wait to get his grandpa's dragon ball but he got over it in a moment, saying he would go find it after he finished his training with Master Roshi. Sometimes it surprised even Raiden at how carefree he was.

Raiden gave Bulma a small nod and she stepped forward throwing her arms into the air as she said the words to summon the Shenron.

"Eternal Dragon, by your name I summon you forth, Shenron."

A golden beam shot up from the dragon balls as the sky darkened. Shenron rose into the sky stretching miles high. He gazed down on the three with his golden eyes before speaking with a low rumble.

"What have you summoned me for. State your wish and it shall be granted."

Raiden organized his thoughts as he started to say his wish. He had read a lot of comments(cough)... had a lot of theories but took his time rejecting most of them. He first thought about getting a body like an android maybe android 17 or 18 because they seemed to have infinite ki so the body would be able to handle all of his ki, but after giving it some thought he rejected the idea.

He had no idea of how large his ki pool, which was still growing, would get. Of course, it seemed like androids could output an infinite amount of ki but was that really true? He vaguely remembered Vegeta defeating one of the androids by giving it too much ki, making it explode. Of course, he knew that android 17 and 18 were a lot better and superior models to android 19, but the thought that he might blow up one day from his own ki made his skin crawl, so he discarded the idea.

The most simple solution that he came up with was simply wishing that his body would be able to perfectly use and contain all of his ki now and in the future. With that, there would be no problems even if his ki pool kept expanding at the rapid rate it was now.

Having made his final decision Raiden looked towards Shenron while Bulma and Goku early waited.

"I wish for my body to be able to contain and efficiently use all my ki now and in the future,"

Shenron gazed down at him as his eyes turned golden, " Your wish has been-," 

Raiden didn't have a chance to hear the rest of Shenron's sentence as he felt his body grow weak and felt his vision start to dim as he collapsed onto the floor.

*****

Raiden didn't know how much time had passed but as he tried to push himself off the ground he realized instead of his normal body there was a strange ghost-like one in its place, almost as if he was transparent. As he looked at the endless expanse of white around him Raiden felt a strange sense of Deja-Vu.

Just as Raiden started to recall a distant memory that had buried itself in his head a bright shining ball of light appeared in front of him.

"My my, look who's back. You didn't try to cheat your punishment did you," an almost childlike voice came from the orb.

Raiden felt as though he knew what the orb was talking about but even though he tried to reach the memory it lay beyond his grasp.

"O having a hard time remembering are we? Well, it was before you were even born so I guess you can't be blamed. He let me job your memory a little." Suddenly the squeaky childlike voice changed to a low deep boomed voice as the orb spoke again. "You have been judged and have been deemed to deserve punishment. With your foolishness, you cost another their life and you shall now pay by living one of struggle and misfortune."

Suddenly Raiden remembered: the white room, his transparent body, the shining orb, and his punishment... To live a life full of struggle. Was that why his ki was like this? Why he had so much power at his disposal so painstakingly close but still being unable to use it.

Before Raiden could do or say anything the orb exploded with a golden light as it spoke once more, "well off you go, and don't try to cheat again now you should know that it won't work," then after a pause, as he was swallowed by the golden light, Raiden could have sworn he heard the orb mutter, "mortals."

*****

When Raiden opened his eyes again he felt someone holding him up and Shenron still looking that them expectantly.

'W-What happened," he croaking.

"I don't know, he was about to grant your wish but you suddenly collapsed. Then the dragon said it was out of his power," she said in a panic.

"I- I don't think I'm going to make any wishes today from the look of things. I guess you can use the dragon balls to make your wish."

"But what about your sickness, I thought it might kill you," Bulma asked worriedly.

"I guess I'm going to have to find another way to deal with it now that we know the dragon balls won't work," Raiden responded.

"What is it that you desire," Shenron's voice boomed again it seemed the dragon didn't like having to wait.

"Quickly tell him your wish, before he gets angry," Raiden urged Bulma. She quickly nodded and stepped forward.

"I wish I knew what my perfect boyfriend looked like," she yelled. The dragon's eyes glowed golden once again but surprisingly so did Bulma's.

"Your wish has been granted," Shenron roared before shooting off into the sky along with the dragon balls that turned into stone and flew off into seven different directions.

Bulma stood entranced her eyes shining with dim golden light, it seemed as she was gazing at something a great distance away.

After she finally snapped out of her daze a few minutes later she looked to be in shock as she murmured, "he has a tail."

47