Prologue: My Awakening Ceremony and fast enrollment… [Draft]
145 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Daman-Ras'Cala.

I was just a normal sixteen year old man... though I still had my "Child" like innocents then...

It all started when I and several other children. I and the rest had been taken to the cathedral within the Capital city of Stolemhome which is the capital of the Alneric Empire...

My world, Gaia. According to the System, said system is granted to every one person out of 500, and for what I am after that ceremony I turned out to be a [World Summoner]... a classification of Magic that happens to only a few people of entire nations, with nations like the one I hail being roughly a few million.

But none the less. I was a [World Summoner], my World as it was mine now... was friendly when I had met them and my summons for the first time...

I was Rare, even more so compared to other [World Summoners].

A [World Summoner] has five ranks, which are to my knowledge randomly given to you. These ranks mean nothing really, but what people and equipment you could bring.

I was a "Black" [World Summoner], with the opposite being a "White" [World Summoner]. With three ranks in between, the "One Fourths", the "Half and Half" leaving the "Three Fourths".

What each one means is if your world can use Magic or not.

Black being a fat no and white being a fat yes, with the added benefit being that Magic is so prolific on the world anyone can use it, even the peasantry, where here, in my world anyone can do magic to just need to train it or are granted the short cut if you are a lucky man or woman to get the System.

But nonetheless.

I was there in the Cathedral, with about a few dozen other children...

Out of them, only 14 had the system, and out of those another kid and I were [World Summoners]...

Now, that meant our nation just gained two very dangerous people... if improperly handled.

After the High Bishop realized what happened, we're asked along with our family to stay while he get someone to go get the Dean of the Imperial Academy...

While that was happening me and the other kid started talking, his name was Ruder-da'Lucs, his family are landless nobles but they lived modestly and didn't leave much harder then we peasants did.

His family and mine kicked it off well.

"So Daman," Ruder said, "What do you think you purity is?"

I tilt my head. "Purity?" I asked.

"Oh... umm. Do you think your world will have magic." He asked again.

"I hope so... but just being a [World Summoner] in general is fine by me." I answer frankly, since I didn't know why it would matter.

"We-" He could say anything as the doors to the cathedral doors bursts open with a sweating men whom wore robes and seemed to be instructors with the Dean at the head.

The Dean's face seemed to just radiate with Mana, since the robes he seems to be wearing are trying to hold his Mana within them... he had brown hair and beard with some white showing his age but he was clearly excited as his eyes instantly locked on our two bodies and the smile turned into a joyful grin.  

"Welcome." The High Bishop called and gestured to Ruder and I. "These are the [World Summoners], I see that my message reach you."

"Ba... message? You mean the priest ranting and razing about two [World Summoners] through my campus? Yes I did." He walks pass the High Bishop and our families...

"Hmm" The man hummed to himself. "You boys, I offer you two a once and life time Scholarship to the Imperial Academy." he looks a my parents, "All expense paid."

The cathedral went dead silent...

"Y-your serious." Asked the High Bishop, an Imperial Scholarship. As it was called gave the recipient 5 years of training within their field of Magic along with personal Instructors and combat trials that would help you improve...

-Sob sob-

I looked at my family... they were crying and nodded at me...

The Dean reached his hands out towards us, I grasped it with the biggest smile I had. 

Ruder followed suit and grasped his other hand...

"Good." The Dean said. "Now please go to your homes and get your things, tomorrow I'll send some people to get you two." His smile grew wide and we were sent off with our families...

Ruder and his family lived in the Merchant district, while I lived within the "Poor" district... but Ruder's parents didn't care or mind it.

When we got home I packed my travel bag and packed my clothes that I had, which was just randomly colored shirts and shorts... and I grabbed my own weapon... a scythe that dad made for me when I had turned ten, this trusty guy saw me through some rough times... 

Though my mother protested, my father helped my argument that I should be able to defend myself.

She did agree reluctantly after telling me not get into the fights.

I nod and we have, to what I would only find out later to be my last dinner with my family for some years.

We had my favorite dish, "Tato mash with grox steak." With the food gone, I went to bed.

...

I awoke... but I could tell I was a dreaming...

I saw five shades, I could tell that they were female...

And they spoke... four different languages, five different accents...

"Don't trust your Home World... Trust your new one."

"What?" I asked, "What do you mean?"

The middle one stepped forward and I could now see her properly, from head to toe she was wearing a like ranger looking uniform with a beret, with straps going across her body with small pouches and another strap with metal tube and another metal rectangle box sticking out of it's side.

Her face was rather angelic... but I sensed an Alpha type of animal behind her... as if with a word she could drop a world on me...

She raised her right arm up and gave me what seemed to be an open palm salute. "My name is Helena Nigel. You may call me Helena. Sir." She lowers her arm. "I represent the British Empire and all European Allied forces!" Her eyes flashed with the a golden sunset color... it seemed eternal as if the sun would never set.

The next person steps forward, she was to the left of Helena. This ones face was very serious, but held a beautiful and yet strong smile... said smile though gave me the creeps.

she had a black-gray uniform, but she had a over jacket that was camouflaged over coat that only had one sleeve done which was her left and the right was saluting with her palm facing down and across her chest... Only her face and neck was showing the only skin since she was wearing gloves.

I couldn't see her weapon well as it was on her back.

She spoke a different language from Helena but I could understand her. "Greetings. Sir, name is Mila Fuchs. Mila is fine. Sir!" Her right arm extends from her chest into a straight armed salute out in front of her. "I represent the German Reich and European Axis forces. Sir!" Her eyes shone with a brilliant blue and her hair done up on a pony tail shone a tad blonde-ish.

The next one to step forward was the one to the right of the two.

She was short, I am about 5,7 and she was about 4,6. Her uniform was similar to Helena but seemed more formfitting compared to Helena.

She was saluting the same way Helena did but her palm was facing downward, she wasn't smiling it was more a silent determination. I could see her weapon as it was siting across her chest.. it was like Helena's but the rectangular box was facing down on the same side as the trigger.

"Sir! Dizzy Harlem. Dizzy if you may. Sir!" Her eyes burned with three colors, red, white and blue... "I represent the United States of America and all other Allied forces. Sir!"

She was holding something tightly in her left hand...

Hmm.

The person to Mila's left steps forward. She had a full white uniform and a hat that had cloth that covered the back and sides of her neck... She had a sword at her waist with a holder for a smaller weapon. Her eyes were small? As if she was squinting at something? No I think her eyes are like that... but she carries an odd innocent childlike smile that only seems to help her orange rising sun colored eyes.

She spoke an even odder language then Mila, "Hail. My name is Takemori Nao, Nao if you may. I represent the Empire of Japan and member states of the Co-Prosperity Sphere. Sir!" Her hand salute was the same a Dizzy's but her elbow was closer to her body.

The last female to the far left of me stepped forward. She was in a full brown uniform with a thicker looking bed roll wrapped across her body, it what seemed to be in an attempt to defend herself from sword slashes and unlike the rest has a cape that was connected by the front of her collar and a cap with a red star sat upon her head... 

Her weapon was long, about half my height and had a small box on the bottom of it near the trigger.

Her language was something between Mila and Nao's, somewhat understandable within the regards of pronunciation but can't understand the lettering. "Comrade! Katyusha Anastasia. Just Katyusha." Her salute was the same as Nao's with her palm placement and elbow, "I represent the Soviet Union and all communist partisans. Comrade!"

I blink a few times... my head hurts... I grasped my head and try in vain to scream...

I look up at them... they gave me sympathetic looks, but spoke. "Don't trust your Home World... Trust your new one."

"ARGH!" I screamed when I had awoken again...

My parents come into the room quickly... their faces held concern and fear?

"What?" I asked... my throat felt horsed and dry...

My head burned a bit... it was knowledge, knowledge about the world...

"What?" I asked again to mom and dad with some irritation entering my voice...

"Daman... your Mana..."
"We can sense it..."

They told me...

"Son relax and remember those breathing exercises we did together." Dad told me.

I close my eyes and start easing my rapid pacing heart that I had only now noticed.

In.

Out.

In.

Out.

In.

Out.

I hear a pair of relieved breaths...

I open my eyes again, "I'm I good now?"

They nod, "We were originally going to get you since, a pair of men are here from the Academy." Dad tells me, "To be honest you gave us a fright since your Mana was rather strong."

I scratch the back of my head and give an awkward chuckle. "Sorry... I didn't know." I apologize and get my things ready.

2