Chapter 3: My room and Mila’s Mission [Draft]
125 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The scary maid, Maggie took us towards our rooms.

She gestured at my room and within two seconds Mila and Nao entered the room weapons drawn expecting something other then a empty room.

The maid shook her head but smiled, she was most likely thinking that I was being overly protective... Hmm even on her stern frozen expression I could still read her, somewhat. Not well but I could.

I followed in after Mila and Nao came back, and the maid showed Ruder to his own room which was across the corridor from me.

The room was spacious if bland. It had a king sized bed and a small area for sparring as it was the only area with out carpet and had some kind of padded material...

I walk to the two other doors within the room and open them, one was a restroom with... Is that pipes? Are these piped toilets? And sinks... HOLY SHIT!

I start fucking around with the flushing function on the toilet and watch as it swirls clock-wise... cool...

Where was I? Oh yes, exploring my room. I walk over to the next door and find a small room... yeah this three by three meter room was a walk in closet... 

I hear a low whistle from Dizzy behind me, I turn and she looked rather impressed, though Katyusha's words fill the room with tension.

"This place reeks of capitalist pigs and that dean is no exception." Her words were ice cold and bit down on us hard.

"Silence Communist!" Mila fired back. I start moving to the door of my room... my thoughts darken and like a switch was flicked.

"Well shit here we go again." Nao says softly to herself. I slam the doors to my room shut, my eyes were darkened and I clear my throat.

Just before Mila and Katyusha trade blows I give a one word command, "Halt!" Both froze as the tone of voice I used was a tone both were use too. A tone of a dictator who was going to kill a man and secondly, both heard it in their own native tongues. It took some time for me to understand their languages with English being easier at it was the closest to Rankashi... the other two? I had to rush to find a simple one order command and then a tone to choose.

Helena and Nao took a step back, and Dizzy took a guarded stance as their own nations weren't use to the tone of madmen leading their own nations...

Well the Brit and the Jap did have a dictator once or twice, but Dizzy didn't but she has been close.

Taking a deep breath, I spoke again, "If anyone attacks another you can expect me to use your forces as meat shields for the rest." I growl, "And also consider yourselves null and void from me giving a shit about your faction!"

Everyone looked at each other then at me...

The threat was made clear.

"Are we clear." My voice was no less cold and bite down harder then Katyusha's words ever could... to Mila it was the same tone the men of the SS at death camps, and to Katyusha is sounded the same as the NKVD Officers at gulags... Both knew the tone and both have scars from what those men did. Some deeper than others.

Mila grasped her left arm... to them a mark like theirs changes the national identity... and scars the later generations.

Katyusha grasped her cape and cap... both were adorned by the hammer and sickle or the red star.

"Sir. Yes sir." All five barked.

"Good." My serious tone was gone and my happy go lucky returned.

The five shared glances, before keeping what ever thoughts they had to themselves. But before anyone could say anything I spoke again, "I will not lie and say, I won't be disheartened if... or when I have to neglect one of your factions... but I don't need dissenters. Now or in the future." My words were calm and collected.

"Do you know why I closed the door?" I suddenly asked. I sensed that this room had a large number of enchantments, at least the ones I could sense. But they only activated after I closed the door. So either they were meant to spy on me or they were meant to keep me from being spied on...

They shook their heads... "Now, in this room is nearly a dozen different enchantments that only just activated from me closing the door alone, and I have no idea how many more there are." I sigh, "The point is this whole place has ears maybe my room doesn't then good. But outside? Every action I or you lot take will be watched. Every slip of the tongue each insult you throw at each other and so on. Understood?"

"Sir. Yes sir!" They chorus.

"Good, whenever we are not inside this room." I smirked, "Loose Lips Sink This Ship. Understood!?"

"Sir. Yes sir." They chorused again.

"Good. Now I need to change." I said to them and entered the closets with the uniforms and place them down, then took out a singular set.

He closed the door to the walk in closet and stripped, subsequently following this he put on the uniform.

Unlike those he saw other students wear, he had a black cuffs on the end of his sleeves and a loop for his scythe... odd.

I put the loop on as well and found that the scythe rested nicely along his side and it didn't impede any movement and was easy to grasp an hold onto, interesting.

I step out of the closet and show them, Mila instantly starts taking notes while the rest look at me, though my words were still on their minds, while the German was clearly trying to distract herself... her arms were close and she was sending glances at everyone outside of Nao.

(POV Maggie)

Young Ruder was already back outside of his room, but the other? He just suddenly slammed the door to his room close.

I wait for a few moments before nocking on his door.

The door opened by a crack. My eyes slightly widen at the sudden amount of Mana that his room is emitting and the glare Young Daman was unlike what I had expected.

The amount was large witch only hinted at the pool this boy held, but he was leaking so much from his body and the room only was nearly enough to kill a child from Mana exposure...

I cough and give him my best trained smile, "I was checking if you were done. Also you are leaking your Mana, at a high rate." My voice was more formal then what I had spoke to back in the Dean's office... but this time I needed to check my words.

He looked at me, "Will you be taking me to the range?" He asked in return, but I can sense the Mana pulling back to his body... but his words wasn't a question but a demand and it had an edge, an edge of a person who was about to kill.

I wait a few more seconds.

His visible dark arua was emitting thus far disappeared, "Forgive me..." He spoke, but it was clear the edge wasn't gone, but it was subdued still someone who led soldiers into battle...

So this is what a pissed [World Summoner] looks like... I wasn't aware that they were different...

"I forgive you, but I will be taking you to the range." I tell him.

"Good." His voice was low and closed the door...

(POV 3D)

Both people on either side of the door allowed a sigh of relief. Both for different reasons.

The five representatives for Daman stood ready to follow their commander and issue his first of many missions.

(POV Daman)

[Mission Issued; Learn the Kar98k]
Mila Fuchs will teach you her standard infantry weapon of her nation.
Task: learn the Kar98k and fire 10 rounds
Reward: Squad of Volkssturm (3/3) ("Last Defenders")

This appeared just as we left the building and saw the impressive size... no it was huge! It looked as if it was nearly four kilometers wide and ten long...

It was only then that this Academy was massive...

But this mission distracted me from asking about the size of the school.

I turn to Mila who blushes slightly and nods.

Several short jabs from the three aimed at her followed by one complement from her own ally.

I looked at the mission, I had to learn her weapon and in exchange I would be granted a squad of men...

"Volkssturm? Old men and young boys?" I asked aloud. I grab her by her collar and pull her aside, "Really?" Almost hissing closer to a harsh whisper.

"Wait... those Volks I can guarantee their skill and veterancy." She whispers back her voice low, carrying respect and pleading.

"How?" I ask, she lowers her head submissively.

"May I?" She holds her hand up, "I need to... touch your forehead."

"You may."

She touches my forehead and several things flashed in rapid succession I can't even tell.

But it soon slows and I can start seeing is passing, it was cards something akin to playing cards but it showed men, tanks and planes.

I looked around myself I was in a black void with Mila standing before me. She was flicking her left hand and thusly found the card she was looking for.

.

[Volkssturm "Last Defenders"]
Size: 6
Weapons: 5xKar98k, 1xMP41
Veterancy: 3 of 3 (Max)

.

The image with the card was several older looking men and two children holding weapons with hardened looks with what looked like Berlin in the background.

"These men were the last defenders of the Reichstag." Mila explained, "I can tell you that these men can fight without delay."

"Please tell me what this is." I point at the veterancy and the name they seem to have, "What does it mean? And also why are they named?"

"That veterancy means how skilled they are... It's hard to explain since describing men whom fought to the last without seeing it." In other words, I would need to see them fight. "And why they are named? I granted them the name, since they were just normal men and boys and yet they had fought the Red Army."

"What does the name, do?"

She leans closer, "The name makes the squad better and, unlike myself I can only name certain units that do not have names... and only in special cases like this. Other times other missions issued by the System could give you famous or infamous units or people in my nation's case from time to time."

"Okay." I answer, Mila was rather downcast. Getting onto my tippy toes I start rubbing her head. Still she is tall.

My gesture was met with her lowering herself allowing me to have an easier time. She had closed her eyes enjoying it.

"You still didn't answer me what veterancy means by the way." I tell her.

As if awakening from her trance she instantly stood straight up and, covered her brightening red face.

"Cough... yes. I'll use the Volkssturm." With just a flick of her finger and a normal Volkssturm card appeared.

.

[Volkssturm]
Size: 12
Weapons: 11xGewehr98, 1xMP28
Veterancy: 0 of 3

.

I nod and gesture for her to explain.

"There are three main differences let's go from top to bottom: One; size of the men, this twelve man unit... and that is it. You have a twelve man unit. Two; Weapons, yes they may have more men but these weapons are outdated and nearly useless in the hands of these soldiers, while the men whom hold the Kar98ks can nail any man just as good as any normal soldier."

I nod, in my mind I work through what was said thus far, as what she was telling me was being supplement with added info.

So her first point was telling me that the "Last Defenders" While smaller could put up a better fight than these normal Volkssturm... makes sense as within context a newly raised Volkssturm if it was lucky it had a veteran from the Great War... but those were unlikely.

The second effectively this squad with Gewehrs were useless with them as they were issued with outdated weapons that most likely hardly cleaned or given maintenance, while the Kar98ks in the hands of the squad she is giving me as a reward are... Volkssturm standards highly trained troops, I guess with a target rich environment as Berlin in her final days would make sense.

"And lastly, again, these Volkssturm have not veterancy while the 'Last Defenders' are maxed out, and thusly are widely experienced with most things. Some could use AT weapons and other maybe not, some AA or not. These men have the experience.... But I need to warn you, men whom come with experience tend to be... trapped in there ways especially militia units like mine."

Stopping just before I nod, "Explain?"

"Men who have fought for our nations would only have experience in fighting other people and for militia units... they suffer from being unable to really adapt to a rapidly changing situation like what this world seems to do. It only took two very small comments for me to end up wounding and killing a pair of men respectively." She shudders slightly.

I nod understanding, but asked. "Okay, but what if I take this normal Volkssturm and they got all their experience here?"

She smiles widely, "Then we have no issues those men would have learn that this world needs them to fight in a constantly changing field. Also then you would have a 12 man squad of veterans."

"But why not the one your granting me?"

"It will take time, they will learn. But as I said, they may stay stuck in their way. They could be understand what is going on and become a really good elite unit... or damn near useless against anything that aren't what they are use too." She says with her fire somewhat dying down.

"I understand... I guess we will see." I tell her, "Now how do we leave?"

"Oh. One sec." She snaps her fingers and we reappear back at the range. "To them only a few seconds passed." I nodded.

I look at her and noticed another weapon sitting on her back, it was another rifle.

Kar98k.

1