Chapter 7 – Do you have anyone in your heart?
78 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

WT 7 - Do you have anyone in your heart?

 

Owner Yu makes sure to knock on the door first to avoid alarming a pill forger that could make a mistake just from a slight disturbance. But he was willing to waive this mistake for Prince Heng. 

 

When Wan Ting saw who came in, her heart nearly jumped to her throat. "Owner Yu and… Prince Heng."

 

Prince Heng offered Wan Ting a nod in greeting. "You are doing well?"

 

"Yes, certainly."

 

"If there's anything you have trouble with, just tell Owner Yu or me."

 

Do not even mention Wan Ting, even Owner Yu was surprised by Prince Heng's offer. But he did not refute it, silently thinking that Prince Heng was really going out of the way to satisfy the Empress Dowager's request.

 

Only after seeing Owner Yu's smiling nod, Wan Ting only then dared to agree. "Thank you."

 

After that, they let Wan Ting return to her work. She was relieved that Owner Yu nodded at the pills she made and finally put her worry aside. Even if she tried to lock her heart in a box, it was still affected by Prince Heng’s presence that successfully disperses the insecurity she felt in her new, unfamiliar workplace. 

 

Prince Heng did not stay long, since he still had a huge load of work to do. His student was working hard on his behalf and when he returned, Liu Bing could not contain his curiosity and asked.

 

"Teacher, why do you still personally look after Miss Wan? It should have been enough to send a guard over."

 

"Some things can't be solved that way." Heng Zhen Gan removed his outer robe and picked up the prepared tea that was poured into his cup. He missed Miss Bai Hua's tea, but the current tea leaves will have to do for now. He could not enter the Bai land and she could not leave there for many days, hence their trading came to a halt.

 

He disliked drinking tea that was stored in a spatial bag. He always felt the taste had changed after doing that. 

 

But Liu Bing was still confused. "Teacher, Miss Wan is no longer in danger. The Emperor agreed not to prosecute Official Wan in the matter of him accepting bribery and allowed him a second chance."

 

Heng Zhen Gan took a sip of the warm tea after taking a seat. "Even if the Emperor agrees, there is still someone that's unwilling for me to retrieve my protection."

 

The Third Prince had requested him to continue watching over Miss Wan for vague reasons. If not because he was certain that the Third Prince was completely devoted to Miss Bai Hua, he would have thought the prince had secretly fallen for the bold Miss Wan. 

 

But he had also surprised himself when he did not press for the real reason and agreed to the Third Prince's request, even if he could counter that the Third Prince could protect Miss Wan with his own guards. He just thought that if Miss Wan fell into danger, it would be a waste of talent and a strong woman. Regarding the issues of guards, he has plenty of them and was not stingy in loaning them out to protect someone else.

 

It was also good that the Third Prince owes him a favor now.

 

What no one knew other than the person himself for the reason. Actually, the Third Prince was scheming to be a matchmaker for Prince Heng and Miss Wan Ting. It was a spontaneous decision mostly because Wan Ting shared the same appearance as Le Xiao Ting. 

 

It was only once that Xiao Hua had admitted Prince Heng's looks were good, but it stayed in the Third Prince’s mind. Since his little flower said so, he will fulfill her wish of having her look-alike with the good looking man that she had certified. The Third Prince also did it to reduce a potential competitor, which he got threatened after seeing Prince Heng love Xiao Hua's tea very much. 

 

֎֎֎

 

Wan Ting safely passed the first week without trouble and the weight on her heart completely disappeared. Her working days were fun, unlike how she felt whenever she forges pills in the past. During those days, she only forged them as entertainment or earning pocket money for herself.

 

Once she started working, she began to experience the sweetness of hard work to support her family. Her positive experience in the workplace was mostly thanks to the cousins as well, being welcoming and friendly with her.

 

She had also known more about Huang Qian, who was working at the packaging department with her steady and speedy hand movement. Huang Qian was at a marriageable age, but every matchmaking failed because of her male crazy disease. 

 

As long as he was a good looking man, she would like them. Which husband will like their wife staring at another man? None!

 

When Prince Heng visited the Fruity Herb store again during mealtime, Huang Qian rushed to have a glimpse of the man, leaving her meal untouched.

 

Huang Tao frowned when his elder cousin's crazy disease flared again. "Wan Ting, you can leave first."

 

Wan Ting shook her head. "I can wait for her. I’ve done half of my daily quota already and I can have a longer rest before continuing."

 

"Our department is praising your pills," Huang Tao revealed. "There are hardly any mistakes that could be found from your pills compared to what we got from the sect."

 

Wan Ting grinned, proud of her accomplishment. "I won't dare to pass it if that's not the case."

 

Huang Tao smirked. "I hope Owner Yu will increase your daily quota. Then our department will have smoother days."

 

The pill testing department hates pills with mistakes the most. Because if the pill did not pass the inspection, they will need to identify the mistake to see if they could be corrected with slight refinement. Locating the mistake takes too much time and was considered to be double work when the same pill returns to them for re-inspection.

 

However, if the pill could not be fixed, the department will be very happy too, but not so much for the material gathering department which was run by the sect themselves. It was also a waste of materials to refine them, but refining was at least better than wasting the entire ingredient to make those failed pills.

 

Huang Tao lowered his voice. "Do me a favor and ask for me to inspect your pills. I would rather check yours than the sect’s anytime."

 

Wan Ting burst out laughing at the obvious pain from his tone. "How about the independent sellers? I remember when I used to be one, my pills need to be tested too by your department."

 

Huang Tao nodded with an aching temple. "We can't judge the pill quality just from seeing the forger in person. We could also not pick sellers without checking their details and missed out a good seedling. But their pills usually did not pass the inspection line. When you are our main seller, we do not need to buy that much pill from others."

 

"Now that I'm hired, the quantity needed should not increase either, right?"

 

"Right!" Huang Tao affirmed. "That's why we are so glad you work for the store on a permanent basis!"

 

"I'm back~" Huang Qian returned, surprisingly for a short time. "Prince Heng and Owner Yu went to a private room."

 

"Huang Tao, you coming?" A group of males called and Huang Tao waved, telling them to wait for him.

 

"I will be leaving now. The workload increased like crazy… On second thought, Wan Ting, don't ask me to check your pills." If Huang Tao finished checking Wan Ting's pills, his colleague will surely pull him to check other pills. That would mean his workload doubled!

 

"Did they bully you?" Wan Ting frowned and stared at the group of men waiting for Huang Tao while talking among themselves.

 

"What?” Huang Tao quickly waved his hand in denial. “No way, they are a little noisy, but we get along well. I just don't want to overwork myself."

 

Wan Ting looked doubtful but did not press the issue. "If you change your mind…"

 

"I will tell you,” Huang Tao finished her sentence. “Right, I will see both of you later!" Huang Tao jogged to his co-workers and they noisily chatted as they walked away. 

 

"Wan Ting, what do you think about my cousin?" Huang Qian suddenly asked in the middle of eating. 

 

"Huang Tao? He and you are very kind and helpful to me, a very good friend."

 

"Only a friend?" Huang Qian leaned forward and whispered. "I will help you if you like Huang Tao."

 

"No!" Wan Ting burst out and caught others’ gazes. With a slight blush, she lowered her head and whispered, "No, whatever makes you think that? I do not have such feelings for your cousin."

 

Huang Qian grinned. "I'm trying to help aunt to see if there are any good ladies around me for Huang Tao. You happen to be one. If you are not interested in him, do you have anyone in your heart?"

 

Wan Ting hesitated and the figure of the scholarly male passed by her mind. "No."

 

It was Huang Qian's turn to hesitate. "Actually… I have heard about you before."

 

You can read early access chapters on my Patreon page! www.patreon.com/chocolily

2