Chapter 11 – I will let you go! Let you go!
70 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

WT 11 - I will let you go! Let you go!

 

An unfamiliar, husky sounding voice answered Wan Ting, nearly scared her soul out of her body. But the voice terrified the boy even more and had most of his weight leaning onto Wan Ting's leg.

 

"Too late… too late…" The boy mumbled like a broken doll. His body was urging him to run, ignore the elder sisters, but his mind was logically telling him that this big sister will be able to save him and he must not go far away from her.

 

She was his only chance to survive.

 

"You are the one that hurt this kid?" Wan Ting questioned coldly, disgusted with the kidnapper that abused the innocent boy. "I will hand you over to the guards to be dealt with!"

 

"My prey had led me to the big, pretty prey~" From the shadows of the alley, a tall figure slowly walked towards them. "You have what I want too."

 

Before Wan Ting could see the figure clearly, he had already started attacking and his target was Wan Ting! Responding swiftly, Wan Ting pushed the boy behind her and pulled out her long sword from her spatial bag hanging on her belt.

 

Normally, one would be afraid of facing a much stronger person. In this case, Wan Ting was only a first rank cultivator and the enemy seems to be few ranks higher than her. But there was no time for her to be afraid when their lives were at risk.

 

"Chu Jin, bring the kid and run!"

 

Wan Ting fluidly parred the enemy's bare fists with her sword, but her sharp weapon was unable to leave even a small cut on his skin. Each hit echoed with sharp banging sounds, unlike the sound a bare fist could produce. Gritting her teeth as she wondered if the enemy's skin was made of metal, she continued being offensive to buy time for their escape.

 

But Chu Jin refused to leave. "How can I leave Miss behind!" She had picked up a wooden pole taller than her from somewhere, intending to help Wan Ting to fight.

 

"You fool!" Wan Ting scolded but unable to say more with most of her energy needed to deal with the increasingly aggressive attacker. Chu Jin was not a cultivator, only a normal human with average strength.

 

How could she help by staying?!

 

"Only the first rank cultivator?" The man sneered as he licked his lips. "How long can you resist my attacks, I wonder?"

 

Wan Ting does not know either. She was getting tired from his fierce attacks and the swings of her sword were getting slower. But she could not just give up now! 

 

"Miss, be careful!" Chu Jin suddenly shouted, surprising Wan Ting that had not paid attention to what her servant was doing. 

 

The shout distracted Wan Ting and she missed the chance to block the incoming attack with her sword. She could only scramble away as a weak attempt to dodge, but her instinct told her that something dangerous was aiming for her at the other side!

 

Twisting her body and nearly dislocated her hip, she raised her sword up and blocked the wooden pole from stabbing right into her chest from behind. But even if she managed to block it with her sword, the force behind the wooden pole was strong enough to push back her sword and slammed against her chest. 

 

“Augh!” Wan Ting coughed and skidded backward before quickly shifted her sword and directed the wooden pole away from her. If she had continued moving backward, she would have hit the wall.

 

With guarded eyes and a trail of blood leaking out from her mouth down her chin, Wan Ting stared fiercely at Chu Jin, who had just attacked her with the wooden pole with that huge strength.

 

She was waiting….

 

...waiting for Chu Jin to explain herself!

 

But Chu Jin was standing there with a relaxed smile, using the gaze of a person that was eying a person that was about to die. Clearly, her attack just now was done with the intention to kill Wan Ting.

 

And she was hiding her real strength the entire time!

 

Wan Ting felt her back turned cold from how unguarded she was with Chu Jin beside her all this time. Chu Jin could easily kill her anytime she wanted and she might not even know when she died.

 

"Oh? No longer want to act?” The man grinned at Chu Jin, but his eyes flashed with warning. “But we need her alive~”

 

Wan Ting eyes flashed dangerously and tightened her grip on her sword. She could not stop the fear enveloping her body that caused her grip on her sword to shake dangerously.

 

Chu Jin had planned this with that kidnapper? No wonder she told her about this short cut today when she had not done so in the previous times. This was not their first time leaving late from work and she could have told her that the first time.

 

And it was also strange that Chu Jin had been rather insistent in using this short cut. So it was for the purpose of leading Wan Ting into a trap!

 

"Why are you doing this?" Wan Ting asked Chu Jin through her gritted teeth.

 

Why would Chu Jin, her maidservant, would betray her? Wan Ting does not understand.

 

"You don't need to know." Chu Jin sneered, not looking like her usual obedient and sensible self. 

 

Which was actually her real self?

 

This sudden change had also shocked the boy. Fortunately, he had not sought shelter from the traitorous maid while the big sister fought. 

 

Fighting against that man was already difficult. Adding another overwhelmed Wan Ting completely and it showed from how many injuries she got. Chu Jin was truly aggressive, her eyes bright with a thirst to kill.

 

The man does not mind having a helper to catch the prey but… their interest conflicted. He could see the girl wanted to kill the prey, with how heavy the attack and each of it was always targeted at the vital point. 

 

They have orders to catch the prey, not kill it. 

 

That was why… 

 

He stretched out his hand, his eyes filled with murderous intent as he gazed at the back of the girl. Even if she was one of his people, he does not need one with ambition different from his and his Master.

 

But an unexpected attack of a thrust filled with raw power disturbed his plan.

 

"Ha...Ha… Ahahahaha!" The man laughed as the situation suddenly shifted and watched the irritating girl clutched onto her chest that was stabbed by a sword with a look of utter disbelief.

 

Wan Ting secured her kill by thrusting her sword deeper into Chu Jin's chest, her eyes firm with willpower for her own survival. After that, she pulled out her sword, breathing heavily from exertion and her hands were shaking dangerously. Her sword that she had never felt heavy in her hands was now threatening to drag down her arms.

 

Pulling the boy with her, she quickly ran out from the dangerous alley, disregarding Chu Jin that had fallen onto the ground and bleeding out. Wan Ting does not know where to run, but as long as they encounter someone in passing, their safety will increase. There will still be people around the street this time!

 

She does not have the energy to continue fighting anymore! Even running felt so difficult for her, with only her determination supplying her energy to command her heavy legs to continue escaping.

 

"She's here!" She was immediately surrounded by a group of men.  

 

They appeared so suddenly and Wan Ting’s mind was a beat slower to stop her body, leading her to crash into a person’s arms. "You are… Prince Heng's!" Wan Ting recognized some of them and her tension decreased considerably.

 

"Apologizes for being late!" A guard said and others quickly went around to search for the danger.

 

They had been delayed by troublemakers that refused to make peace and have others involved with their fight. It was much later when the guards realized the troublemakers had targeted them to make trouble as if to delay them. Quickly handling the troublemakers, they hurried to chase after Miss Wan, but fortunately, she was safe.

 

But not unharmed.

 

Her current state was not optimistic, with her pale face and worn-out state. Even her energy level was at the point of drying up and adding on with her numerous injuries, she needed to be treated quickly. She was holding tightly onto her sword coated with fresh blood and her other hand was holding onto an abused looking boy. 

 

Guards: … Prince Heng will skin them alive this time! ( ºΔº )

 

"He's… gone." The boy dazedly stared at the dark alley.

 

"You…" Wan Ting stared at the boy with tired eyes and a rapid heartbeat that yet to calm down. "You can sense that weird guy…?"

 

The boy nodded. 

 

As the boy said, the weird guy had left, leaving behind the dead Chu Jin. With just a glance at the wound, everyone could see that Wan Ting, who was holding onto a bloody sword, was the one that killed Chu Jin.

 

With how big the problem was getting, the guards wanted to escort Wan Ting to Prince Heng's residence, but she refused. Perhaps it was instinct, but she needed to go home and search Chu Jin's room for clues of her reason for betrayal. 

 

The guards refused, and then they witnessed a tearful lady fall onto her knees, crying pitifully for comfort and safety from her parents and home. 

 

Wan Ting clutched onto her chest that was still aching from the injury and stared up at the guards before her with watery eyes. “Please, strong elder brothers… I want my mother and father! I’m scared!”

 

Strong elder brothers: ‘…’ Please, don’t cry anymore! I will let you go! Let you go! (oT-T)

 

 

2