Chapter 25 – Evoke the protective instincts in him
61 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

WT 25 - Evoke the protective instincts in him

"We do not know where she is."

They manage to slip into the enemies' base without anyone alerted, but they have trouble finding the one they need to rescue. 

With their bright-colored clothing in this dark place, they stood out and it would not be long until someone noticed them. 

"Ask someone?" One of the disciples suggested. "I have a truthful pill with me."

"That's obviously a fake," Another disciple retorted. "You think it’s so easy to buy such a miraculous pill?"

"If that won't work, torture?"

Prince Heng cut in, "We will lure them out, and look at which direction their leader came from. It will not likely be the sect master, but one of the elders."

With the wine jar having transported them to this spot, it was likely Miss Wan was held around here. They do not know how vast this secret realm was, but they certainly do not want to lure out all strong evil cultivators to fight them.

"Leave it to me and my disciples!" Elder Qing Shu clenched his fists. "You will rescue the prisoner!"

"Sounds good to me."

Elder Qing Shu's expression turned friendly as he said to Prince Heng. "Your talent is superb, why don't you join-"

"We better start quickly. Please, Elder Qing," Prince Heng cut him off. 

From the words of Elder Qing's disciple, Prince Heng's cultivation was not worse compared to them, and his techniques were on par with their sect's inner disciples. It was truly a high praise and it caught Elder Qing's attention, which ignited his desire to recruit students again.

Elder Qing Shu noisily lamented it was a waste for Prince Heng to not belong in any sect and dedicated himself to cultivation when he had talent.

His loud musings were ignored by Prince Heng. 

At Prince Heng's indifference, Elder Qing could only sigh heavily in regret. He gathered his disciples to launch an attention-grabbing attack. 

Hiding not far away, Prince Heng ignored the outpour of enemies towards the source of the attack, patiently waited for the leader of the group to appear. He could not see what Elder Qing had done, but it was flashy and very eye-catching under the dark sky. The loud fighting had continued on for a very long time, but Prince Heng continued waiting patiently for the big fish to eat the bait.

The leader must have been frustrated that the outer disciples could not deal with the enemy that further disturb their sect, because he finally came out from a hall with a deep frown and downward curled lips. 

Jiu was dressed differently from the others and easily distinguished his position from others. They waited until Jiu marched to the source of the noise before the teacher and student slipped into the hall he came from. 

After peeping from the window, they confirmed what Prince Heng had correctly guessed, for there was a suspiciously large cauldron that was boiling with high fire right in the middle of the room.

There were four disciples in the room, their posture filled with nervousness as they kept glancing between the door and the boiling cauldron. 

Only two shadow guards had stayed with Prince Heng as protection while others helped Elder Qing with distraction. "Master, let us handle them."

"Go."

The moment the disciples saw two strangers dressed in black enter the room, they became terrified. Their eyes betrayed their urge to run away, but responsibilities had tied their legs down. They do not resemble the ferocious and cruel image evil cultivators were well known for.

Perhaps the shadow guards felt that they were too pitiful because they only knocked them out without taking their lives.

Heng Zhen Gan guessed Miss Wan must be inside the cauldron and hurried to blow out the fire with a gush of strong wind conjured by his fan. It flickered, dangerously close to being sizzled out, but soon regained its vitality. 

With a frown, he ordered, “Liu Bing, remove the lid!”

The fire was not a normal one and they could only take her out. He hoped Wan Ting was still alive inside the pot. 

The cauldron was scalding hot, including the lid, so Liu Bing could not use his hands. He stepped back and then ran forward to send a strong kick at the lid. 

Heng Zhen Gan intercepted the flying lid before it would crash onto the ground and alert the enemies fighting outside. Wincing, Liu Bing gave his teacher an apologetic look, which Heng Zhen Gan directed his chin at the cauldron, asking him to proceed. 

Once the lid was removed, the person inside immediately opened her eyes, the red flame tattoo on her forehead glowed like a torch in the darkness. Even the fire that refused to be put out died out, allowing others to approach the cauldron that started to cool down.  

The water inside the cauldron was completely absorbed by Wan Ting, leaving the pot empty. The flames in her had dried the moisture from her body and clothes.

Even if Miss Wan was not a peerless beauty that could bring down a nation, she was still a beauty that would earn few glances. It was especially so with her current state where her silken hair was loose around her figure like a luxurious coat. Sitting motionless inside the cauldron, with only a layer of thin white robe, she looked like a bride that an immoral man had stolen for himself. 

There was something unusual about her, that even Heng Zhen Gan that originally had no interest in her as a woman felt she was attractive. Especially her dazed gaze, looking lost and waiting for someone to rescue her, managed to evoke the protective instincts in him.

If a man like Prince Heng whose heart was difficult to be stimulated, Liu Bing had no hope to resist at all before the damsel in distress.  

“Miss Wan, can you stand?” Liu Bing stretched out a hand for Wan Ting to grab. 

However, from the moment the lid was removed, Wan Ting had never turned to look at Liu Bing. Instead, her eyes were only on Prince Heng. From Liu Bing’s words, her dazed eyes finally show some signs of recognition, prompting her to move.

When Wan Ting finally moved, placing her palms onto the cauldron’s walls to help her stand up, Prince Heng said, “Be careful.”

Those that do not know would think he was telling it to Wan Ting as a form of concern, but he was also saying it to Liu Bing, warning him to stay alert. They do not know what the Shadow Tree Sect had done to Miss Wan and she was not acting like herself, if one does not believe she was actually scared and turned into a silly person. 

Wan Ting actually had just got back to her senses after winning against the Flame Spirit. She had completely absorbed its essence into her being, and it made her body feel heavy. There was only the desire to sleep it off, but seeing Prince Heng peering into the cauldron to look at her slowly has her mind cleared.

Once regaining her mind, she became very conscious of her current state. Her hair must be a mess from the rough handling by her kidnappers and who knew how much the ingredients and water had dirtied her body? A brief touch of her robe told her that it was dry, likely done by the fire outside the cauldron.

Her current appearance was improper and scandalous. It was even worse that her current state was seen by two gentlemen! Her mother will have a heart attack upon knowing this.

Seeing Sir Liu Bing was trying to help her out, her eyes flashed with inspiration as her heart was encouraging her to do something that will change her future forever. After successfully standing up inside the cauldron, Wan Ting threw herself onto Prince Heng, ignoring Sir Liu Bing’s outstretched hand.

Her move had successfully caught Prince Heng off-guard and he automatically held her waist to keep her upright. Their eyes met and he knew she was doing it on purpose, just as she knew he caught onto her scheme. 

But she did not regret it.

She could hear the loud noise of fighting outside and with many eyes on her, she would rather have the other party that will be involved in the rumour with her to be Prince Heng. 

From the side, Liu Bing stared at his teacher fearfully, wondering if he would shove Miss Wan away as he did to his female suitors. 

But Prince Heng did not push her away and even helped her out of the cauldron without speaking. After that, he even offered his outer robe to Miss Wan to wear. 

Whatever they wanted to say can be said after they leave this horrid place.

1