Chapter 37: The aftermath
3k 16 101
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 37: The aftermath

 

"...Ugh..."

I opened my eyes drowsily after sleeping for a good amount of hours at my wonderful bed.

"What time is it...?" I looked at the clock on my wall while yawning sightly.

'9:00'

"It's time to get up... but..."

The comfort and warmness of my beautiful bed made me consider staying there sleeping for all eternity. Probably due to the mental fatigue I had after the war, I was not thinking straight.

"Hmm, whatever... I don't want to get up... Goodnight..."

...

In the end I slept for another few minutes before my consciousness woke me up completely.

My body was accustomed to getting up early due to the constant danger this world represented for me.

All those nights having demon eyes crashing against my windows without even a speck of respect made my body develop its own sleeping schedule.

After a certain time of not getting up at the set hour,  I could start feeling anxiety of not doing anything productive to ensure my safety and survival in this world. So even If I wanted to continue sleeping, my body didn't allow me to...

"Urgh..."

Once I woke up completely from my somnolence, I opened the curtains of my room and glanced at the streets of the city.

"So, it's morning already huh...?"

The current atmosphere on the city was completely different from yesterday. After hearing of our victory over the goblins, everyone started crying due to relief and happiness, and soon a festival was held.

Of course, me, being the asocial I am, decided to just go and take a nap on my comfortable bed while everyone danced and cheered our victory.

After defeating the goblin commander, everything was a piece of cake. The goblins were not able to survive my magic and the countless arrows from our soldiers raining upon them constantly.

In the end, the surviving goblins escaped when one of them noticed the dead body of their commander and alerted his comrades.

Although we had some deceased after the war, the amount was incredibly low. To the point where you could even ask yourself if this was really a war and not a massacre.

So it was completely our win.

*Knock*

*Knock*

*Knock*

"What is it now?" I asked myself in an annoyed tone.

*Click* I opened the door.

Hmm?

Two beautiful eyes color emerald greeted me the moment the door opened completely

Race: Human+

Name: Claire Lumous

HP: 250/250

So this woman came back huh?

"..."

"Hello ther-"

*Slam!*

I closed the door and decided to go and chill on my sofa while reading a few magic tomes to improve my magic.

"Let's see, in which page was I?"

I opened the [Necromantic sorcery] tome and started looking the pages in which I stopped reading before the war started to continue my path to becoming a necromancer.

"Hey! Why did you close the door?! Hey!" Screams came from outside the door from time to time. Screams which I just continued to ignore for the rest of the morning.

"Hey! Open the door! Hey!"

...


A few hours later...

As I closed the [Necromantic sorcery] tome, I stood up from my seat and started controlling the mana in my surroundings. The temperature around my room fell down a few degrees after I chanted the incantation for summoning undead.

"...Saureuk Inaudi, perunia saukel..." 

As far as the book explained what the chanting meant, it was actually a kind of melody that attracted the wandering souls of the surroundings, and hypnotized them by using mana.

*Clack Clack Clack*

The sound of bones soon filled the whole room, and my mana suddenly started going down by a lot.

"What the hell is this?! I'm not even half summoning and my mana is already so depleted!!"

At this rate I could only be able to summon one skeleton before having my mana completely exhausted. And as you may know, only one skeleton doesn't help that much against the monsters on this world...

It could probably turn into dust before being able to kill something... 

'Ah shit! Whatever, progress is progress anyways'

The bones started forming while my mana was getting consumed, and soon a whole skeleton very similar to a human one appeared on the room. The only difference It had with a human one was that its head was a lot rounder and simpler than a human skull, and that its body didn't have any ribs.

A wandering soul soon entered the skeleton and kneeled on the ground, like telling me I was his boss.

"So it has enough intelligence to know that such a position represents respect huh?"

Alright, enough for today.

I commanded the soul to abandon the skeleton and continue its journey.

The moment the soul abandoned its body, the skeleton turned into mere dust that dispersed through the air.

*Cough cough!*

"Can't this magic be a bit more clean?!" I ran towards the window and opened it to let the cloud of dust go out of my room.

Sigh...

*Growl*

It seems I'm kinda hungry right now...

Hmm... I'm out of food... And I don't want to eat dried meat... I'm on my vacations okay! I deserve to eat something at least pleasant to the tongue. And I'm already tired of eating dried meat and not a proper meal.

I think I will have to go and buy ingredients at the store.

Ugh... this brings me bad memories of a certain truck...

*Click*

I opened the door and prepared to go out, but when I closed the door, a certain person blocked my exit

"You're still here?"

"But of course, I'm not gonna leave until you hear what I have to say!"

This woman knows no bounds when it comes to stalking...

"I'm not gonna let you experiment on my body! Jeez, what could happen if you mess something up during your so said 'experiment'? The one that has to pay the consequences is me!"

What happens if my little brother becomes affected by her experiments and suffers permanent damage?! Sorry, I'm not taking the risk.

"Alright, alright... No experiments, But could you at least give me a sample of your blood?"

Blood?

Well... I guess that could be ok...

I mean, what could she do with it? Create an army of clones made from my body? 

Hmm...

Maybe, it's not a so good idea to give her my blood...

"Pleaseeeeeeeee"

Ugh... But if I don't accept... this girl will probably keep pestering me for the rest of my life.

Hmm... Alright, at least with a clone army, fighting other races could be a lot easier...

"Fine, but how do you want me to give you my blood?"

"I have a syringe right here!" She said while smiling sweetly.

"..."

Not gonna comment about that.

...

After taking my blood, she bade her goodbyes, and left while hopping happily like a bunny that just got a carrot.

Not sure if bunnies like carrots though...

"Alright, time to leave"

I closed the door behind me, and left towards the market to buy some ingredients.

"Let's hope I don't get run over by a truck this time..."

...


That's all for today guys

Alright, now there will be  a small hiatus as I will be editing the previous chapters, because the grammar is pretty bad...

...

Well... worse than right now...

And as I don't want to scare off the new readers with the bad grammar, I will fix it before writing new chapters.

Let's hope it doesn't take me much time...

101