Chapter 67: The life of a peaceful guy
2.3k 14 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 67: The life of a peaceful guy

...

*Yawn...*

*Scratch scratch*

As the sunlight reached my eyes and woke me up, I stood up from the bed and went to the bathroom to shave the short beard that was growing on my chin. 

After that, I left my room and went straight to dig in some food to replenish my energy for the day. After all, today was gonna be a busy day, though now that I think about it... nowadays, I'm always busy...

*Crunch Crunch....*

As I bit into the bread, I casually looked through my window with a tired look in my eyes. Outside my house there was now a giant tree with a house on top of it. 

And no, before you ask, I was not the one to build that thing.

Three months ago after I defeated the Eye of Cthulhu, the Dryad for some reason ended up setting her home here just like Claire. Something that I couldn't understand as she had the whole forest for her alone, why did it have to be here where the space is limited?

Well, at least there was still plenty of empty space for me to build something later. Though it's not that bad either, she gives me this Dryad blessing whenever I'm within a certain range near her, and I also gain someone very powerful to protect this place while I'm absent.

There was also something else that I noticed as well. When I saw Claire and the Dryad chatting pleasantly I ended up remembering the fact that there might be NPC roaming free in this world, something that I discarded as very improbable in the past due to the fact that I didn't meet any guide or some shit like that. And seeing that Claire had spectacular medical abilities I started forming the theory that maybe she was the Nurse or something like that, which was made me curious about what could happen once I gave her some of my blood.

However, since I'm not completely sure about it, I'll postpone that matter for later. So no blood for her for the time being. 

Also...

Name: Aspen (Aeron) 

[Human...]

Age: 20 (39)

-Status: 

[Happy!: Movement speed increased and monster spawns reduced]

[Cozy fire!: Life regeneration is slightly increased]

[Dryad's blessing: The power of nature protects you]

--->[Grants 8 extra Defense to The Player, and 14 to nearby allies]

--->[Increased health regeneration]

--->[Gives The Player and nearby allies the Thorn potion effect]

--->[You're slightly more loved by nature]

...

[Hp: 400/400]  [Mana: 120/120]

Hour: 9:47 AM

°°°

-Accessories:

-[Hermes boots] (Hidden)

-[Shield of Cthulhu] (Hidden)

--->Allows the player to dash into the enemy

-[Platinum Watch]

---> Tells the time

-[Empty...]

-[Empty...]

-[Empty...]

 

[Armor]

-[Platinum Helmet]

-[Platinum Chainmail]

-[Platinum Greaves]

 

[Vanity slots]

-[Silver Helmet] (Does not provide actual defense)

-[Silver Chainmail] (Does not provide actual defense)

-[Silver Greaves] (Does not provide actual defense)

[Equipment]

-[Hook: Sapphire Hook: Pulls you at great speed at any desired direction]

-[Pet: Empty]

-[Light Pet: Empty]

-[Minecart: Empty]

-[Mount: Empty]


Total defense: 28

During these three months I have been occasionally diving into nearby caves, to the point that sometimes I even ventured for at least a week inside them. And fortunately after a lot of effort (And killing bats) I managed to find two more Life Crystals. Though I must say, they are incredibly hard to find, and they are always surrounded by an absurd amount of monsters around them. Be it Zombies, bats, skeletons, deadly giant snails that can somehow launch themselves towards me like fired by a canon and destroy the stone walls of the cave easily upon impact, slimes, or even giant worms.

It's like Life crystals are a natural point where monsters reunite!

And luckily, through all those times that I dove into the caves, I also managed to find some beautiful sapphires that were encrusted into the walls of the cave and made myself a hook with them.

And holy molly the hook was incredibly helpful for venturing inside these caves, as I could easily attach myself into any part of the cave and attack the monsters from the distance with my bow.

Lastly, some weeks ago I finally managed to complete the platinum armor set, with now gaining +20 defense when equipping all the parts of this armor. And I even had enough to make myself a platinum watch, that allows grants the system an hour section, and allows me to see the hour no matter where.

And although I could have liked to just stay in my bed for a whole month without moving, this habit of mine of waking up at 9 AM in order to be productive has made me had some sleeping problems. After all, sometimes I had to stay awake for many hours watching the starry sky to see if any fallen star fell near my house for me to collect it. Which made me sometimes get only just 4 or 5 hours of sleep.

Fortunately due to my luck I have managed to make another Mana Crystal that increased the mana by 40 more points.

And lastly, after I defeated the Eye, I also got a lot of Crimtane ore and Demonite ore. Which helped me to upgrade my weapons to a new level. With the Blood Butcher as my new sword, and the ultimate weapon in this world... The yoyo Malaise.

Yes, the yoyos made by the system work as weapons. And I still don't understand how in the world do they even do so much damage to enemies. 

What they do is to cut anything that is near when they are spinning, and what's beautiful about them is that they move in any way you want. Even if you want the string of the yoyo to become completely rigid and to be immobile into the air, it will do it.

Though after some time the yoyos will end up losing speed and you will have to take them into back into your hands before using them again. 

"Good morning Aspen" A voice suddenly called me from outside. And when I turned to look at who it was, I saw the Dryad walking around while watering some flowers around her house.

"Oh yeah, good morning" 

Sigh... What a peaceful morning.

I hope these days continue being this peaceful and uneventful until I die of old age. After all, my only desire is to be a peaceful guy with a peaceful life. There's no need to fight a giant monster with the power to destroy the world just for the sake of having some adventures.

Anyways, there haven't been any kind of extreme danger ever since I defeated the eye, so... What could go wrong?

*Thud*

I took out my pickaxe and left the area to dive into the forest to look for another cave to start mining again.

I still need to find more Life Crystals anyways.

...


It wasn't like I was lazy to write another chapter, I was just giving Aspen some rest :)

I'm kinda sleepy right now so that's all I'm gonna say.

Bye

90