Chapter 69: Nice
2k 8 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 69: Nice

...

*Clack, clack, clack, clack!*

*Pat, pat*

Currently, I was sitting next to a sobbing skeleton that was wearing a stylish and luxurious looking black top hat, and a beautiful and extravagant brown coat that had some of its parts ripped off, probably due to the harshness of traveling across the caves.

"How could it beeee?! A thousand years in this smelly, dark, humid, and lonely cave?! Uuuuuurgh!" The skeleton cried loudly while grabbing my clothes and cleaning his non-existent snot and tears in them.

"Cheer up, cheer up..." All this while I did my best to try and cheer him up.

Indeed, after hearing his story I managed to deduce that he lived in the period before the Great war. Probably dying just a few months or years before the war against Cthulhu broke out.

Dunno, maybe I'm making a mistake here anyways.

What surprised me more, was his response when I told him that we were being cornered by the goblins and other monsters to the point of almost extinction.

"Huuuuuh?! What do you mean with that humans were getting their ass kicked by those weaklings?! Even an average adult from my time was able to completely obliterate them in combat! How did those midgets managed to bring humanity to this point?!"

"Midgets? But goblins are as tall as humans if not even higher..."

"What do you mean? Aren't goblins those weak looking green-colored midgets that can barely swing around only sticks because of their lack of strength...?"

"Hmm... No, they can probably lift a human easily and swing his body around as if they are made of paper. Some even reach the point where they can uproot entire trees with just brute strength..."

"...?"

"...?"

"I don't think we are talking about the same kind of monster..."

At that point,  I already had a hunch on what was happening, so I ended up asking him another thing in order to clarify my doubts.

"What about zombies? Do you know about them?"

"Those weak corpses that can barely stand on their own? What about them?"

Weak corpses that can barely stand on their own? I recall even seeing one ripping apart a human in half with just his sheer strength while letting out a beastly roar...

"Hmm... I think I know what's happening here..."

"What do you mean?" Jack looked at me with a perplexed expression on his skull.

"Well, there are many options. The First one could be that the monsters became a lot stronger for some reason after the war ended. The second one could be that you come from a different reality where monsters are a baby-like version of ours, the third one could be that you are an envoy of Cthulhu and you are telling me all this in order to low my guard and strike when I less expect it, the fourth one could be that you're some kind of evil being from another dimension that got lost and arrived at this cave and is trying to deceive me in order to take possession of my body when I'm distracted, the fifth one is-"

"ALRIGHT  I UNDERSTAND!!"

What can I say, it's better to think about every possibility just in case.

I have to make use of this increased thinking abilities somehow right?

And thus, when I told him about how a thousand years have passed since the war against Cthulhu broke out, he started crying and lamenting all those years lost inside this cave.

And to my disgrace, this guy continued crying for a long time after this.

°

°

°

An hour later...

...

"Hoh? Where did you find something like this Jack?"

"Hmm? That? I found it in one of those abandoned mines that the people from my time used to inhabit in order to collect minerals or to use as settlement while in their stay inside the caves"

"Abandoned mines?"

Currently, I was looking at a very special bag besides Jack, this one, unlike the other bigger bag that Jack carried on his shoulder all the time, was completely full of small knives that seemed to be made with the only purpose of being thrown.

Of course, I couldn't help but appraise them all with my system just in case there was some kind of Legendary Splitter of Worlds-Knife hidden between them all, and although there wasn't something like that, I still managed to find out something pretty interesting about these knives.

Throwing Knife (x395)

Ranged Damage: 12 

Knockback: Very weak

Consumable

All of them were exactly the same in appearance. To the point that they couldn't be called handmade anymore

And surprisingly, it seemed that Humans before the Great War had a vast amount of knowledge that helped them in various ways. If there was a way to describe them... then they could be like the elves and their advanced society, but even more advanced in certain aspects.

One of these aspects was the mass production of objects like this by the use of factories, which seemed to be something usual in those times.

As far as Jack described, then the Human race before the Great War could be said to be near the level of technology from my previous world, but still lacking in many aspects. If I were to compare it to my previous world... then I could say that the level of technology was similar to that of the years 1980-1990 as they seemed to have televisions and telephones, or something similar to that at least. 

Of course, thanks to the existence of magic and mana  in this world, they had some advanced technologies that were similar or even more advanced to the ones my old world had before I died. So I guess, they were a powerful civilization, huh?

Why am I telling all of this to you, imaginary person that sees everything I do, and probably another mental problem that I have developed without noticing? 

Well, that's because this new knowledge opened a possibility that I believed to be zero until now. If the civilization from those times were so advanced in all that respects magic... then couldn't that open the possibility of them having created a magic mirror as well?

What is the magic mirror you might ask? Well, as far as the game knowledge I can remember tells me, it was an item that could allow you to teleport instantly back to your home if you looked at your reflection in it. Or at least, to the spawn point you designated.

If by any chance this civilization created such a magic tool and left it in one of those abandoned mines, then it could mean that I'm about to hit a jackpot. And if I'm even more lucky, then I won't only find a magic mirror, but maybe I will find even more accessories for me to use!

Like the cloud in a bottle, that allows the player to jump a second time while in the air!

Or the regeneration band, that gives and increased regeneration rate to the player!

Or... or even a flare gun!

Nah, that thing was pretty useless except from illuminating unreachable parts of a cave in the game, or igniting the monsters easily.

Hmm... now that I think about it... then maybe it is not so bad after all...

And like that, after talking a bit with Jack about his path and this civilization of his we finally managed to come to an agreement, First he will guide me towards an abandoned mine so I can explore it and look for treasures, and I will take him out of this cave for once and for all.

Whether I could find something that could allow me to survive in this shitty world, or die because of some kind of Legendary monster that was sleeping there while waiting for me to step into his territory before devouring me...

Only time could tell.

...


What's with my One Piece fanfic reaching trending every two or three days?

Anyways, I'm tired and I wish to sleep, so no more words from this author.

Bye

88