Chapter 73: Big bouncy blue boss appears
2k 9 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 73: Big bouncy blue boss appears

...

Marvelous, absolutely marvelous.

Not only did my home get invaded by a strange hive of Slimes that seemed to be angry for no reason at all... they were also raining from the sky!

Furthermore, Pinky actually went and destroyed my home with everything inside it  without a speck of remorse... INCLUDING MY BED.

I was beyond furious, so I decided to try a few new methods of torture in this little midget. And they seemed to work pretty well, he skirmished a lot while getting boiled from inside and having its slime muscles burned away. Maybe I could implement this new methods in the future against the cultists...

Agh, what am I thinking... I am a peaceful guy who only wants to sleep all day, stop thinking about shady things, stupid brain.

"You finally came back, huh? It took you quite a while"

From behind me, Evvie appeared and sat on the ground with an exhausted expression on her face.

It was pretty obvious at this point that this was Terraria's special event, the Slime rain. I had yet to forget about many things about Terraria thanks to my enhanced brain, and this wasn't an exception.

This game event made slimes to start raining upon all over the map, but aside from that, there wasn't anything else worth mentioning. That was all pretty much that there was to the slime rain. Suddenly having a slime fall directly on your head, or maybe finding "Pinky" like I just did. Heck, if you were lucky you might have the luck to have one of the slimes drop you a slime staff which summons a small slime that fights for you, just like Neo, but a slime instead of a bird.

However, there was a special condition in that event that if you killed 150 slimes or so, the King Slime could appear and battle you.

I don't know how this could work in reality, but there was one thing that I knew. I didn't want to fight the King Slime.

Why not, you may ask? Well, here's my question for you, Why yes?

I didn't want to bring here a giant monstrosity that probably weighed more than dozens of tons, and that was probably gonna be jumping around my base destroying everything with every stomp it performed.

Moreover, what did assure me that this King Slime actually just jumped around like the one in the game? If it was intelligent enough to wear a crown and know that he was the King of all Slimes, then it should be also intelligent enough to do something else aside from jumping around like a retard.

Who knows? Maybe he can use some strange high-pressurized gel cannon that could pierce through Boulders as if they were made of butter, or maybe he could suddenly grow dozens of limbs/tentacles using the incredibly vast amount of gel inside its body, or maybe he could use his magical powers to summon Cthulhu right here  and right now in order to destroy all things inside this WORLD.

Well, maybe I'm being too paranoid here. But I still don't want to fight it.

What's that.... rewards? Do you eat it?

All the rewards I remember having after things like these are a very nice post-traumatic stress disorder that attacks me every once in a while, Psychopath like tendencies that arise every once in a while when I find myself dealing with troublesome situations, and even a bit of Schizophrenia! I mean, who am I even trying to explain all this in the first place?!

So in summary... Big boss with potential rewards that might allow me to grow in strength? Very tempting, but I pass.

...

 

*Boooom!*

 

...

 

*Boooom!*

 

...

 

*Boooom!*

 

...

 

*Boooom!*

 

...

Of course, this world never allows me to refuse anyways. Not like I expected it to allow me to live quietly for once in the first place...

As I looked behind me, I saw a gigantic and majestic blue slime standing there while wearing a beautiful and giant as well Golden crown on top of its oval-shaped body. Its high was probably over 15 meters, and it was like 30 meters wide. Covering a great part of the area within the walls I built.

Inside its body there were the rests of what seemed to be a human body. However, Fortunately for my own view, there were only a few bones, ribs, and a skull lingering around inside its body, otherwise the view could have been a lot more grotesque.

This was probably because most of the meat in that human body had probably already digested by the slime long ago. 

"Hey Aspen, why did you suddenly start running in this direction without waiting for me? Is this your house? I must say that my old mansion was a few times better than this, but whatever, tastes are taste- WHAT THE HECK IS THAT THING?!"

"That thing, my friend, is the representation of this interminable cycle of Fighting, surviving, and fighting again... That's all I seem to live for..."

*BUROBUROBUROBURO*

Suddenly, the giant body of the King Slime started trembling while the surrounding ground started shaking as if an earthquake struck this area out of nowhere.

I suppose that it was some kind of Roar characteristic of the King of Slimes. But since they don't have vocal cords, they can only move the ground in order to inflict fear on its prey.

I have used gel so much during my fights, be it on giant gel bombs, creating torches, covering the bodies of my enemies in gel so that I could set them on fire easily... But now, my own weapons turn against me... So I guess I will have to use a new method for fighting this thing...

Or that's what I could say if this guy wasn't just a giant ball made out of pure gel, Aka, the most Flammable creature in the world.

*Fuooosh!*

Right when I took a torch out from my inventory, the King slime flinched slightly and receded a bit away from me. It obviously knew what fire could do to its body.

As I glanced into its deep insides, which somehow seemed to resemble its eyes, a screen popped up in front of me and showed me everything I needed to know about this guy.

(A/N: That's King slime, in case you didn't know. Just that the version Aspen is fighting at least three times bigger than the one in the image. Also, ignore the guys on the sides, they don't exist here. Another awesome work made by Bohrokki on DevianArt)

°[King Slime]°

Race: Slime

Title: Devourer

-Status:

[HP: 7040/7040]

[Constant Evolution: Can absorb any living being made out of gel in order to evolve further and become stronger. Total HP gained so far: +6790] 

Ah yes, slimes. Always devouring other things in order to become stronger, be it on fiction or here... 

It kinda makes me remember something from my previous world.

Leaving those things aside, I have already pretty much planned everything I needed to do in order to defeat it properly and without complications, that is if this guy doesn't have additional powers though.

Who knows if this guy can for some strange reason grow limbs and then start running around.

"Y-you need any help? Although I haven't had any kind of combat training before, with this new skeletal body my strength has far surpassed what was possible for human limits!" 

Jack, who was looking at the Giant King Slime in awe, spoke tome for a moment before he took out a bag full of small bones that had sharpened ends on their tips.

"Any help is welcomed, I don't like being the only one in danger of being turned into a meat paste after all..." 

"Sounds like you are quite experienced on that kind of situations?"

"Somewhat..."

"I will help too, This abomination has been running wild for too long, and who knows what kind of monstrosity it will become once it absorbs every kind of slime in the world... I have already seen it destroy several civilizations during these thousand years since the Great War, and I don't need another Cthulhu here"

"Sure, the more, the better... and talking about the more... Neo!"

*Chirp*

As I raised the Finch staff into the air, a portal appeared right beside me, and closed the moment Neo came out of it.

"It's been a while, hasn't it, partner?"

*Chirp...!*

"As wise as always... Anyways, I have some news for you"

*Chirp...?*

"Fluffly come out!"

Suddenly, right besides my left foot, a portal just like Neo's opened up, and a small round monster covered on a pink fluffy fur came out of it It had an enormous nose, and luckily its fur seemed to cover a great part of its face, which looked like an old man if one paid attention.

Although very similar to your typical Snow Flinx, this one had a pinkish tone on its fur, and on top of its head it had a small pigtail using his fur to tie it.

This was the new addition to the team, Fluffy. A new summoned being that could be obtained using 6 Flinx fur and 10 platinum/gold bars to craft the Flinx Staff. Fortunately, right before leaving the ice caves, he found two more Snow Flinxes that gave him enough fur to craft it before leaving the cave.

And holy molly, this guy was a beast!

[Adept Flinx Staff]

-8 summon damage

-Very weak knockback

-Uses 5 mana

The snow flinx will fight for you

(Adept modifier bonus: -15% Mana cost)

Although his summoning damage was just 1 more than that of Neo, this one attacked incredibly faster. While Neo lunges and pierces his enemies, Fluffy jumps at them, and using its incredibly sharp and long teeth he holds on to them and starts tearing off their meat or whatever they are made of.

Thus, Fluffy is a complete beast that holds onto any enemy and deals continuous damage until they die. Now, with my Universal Conection blessing I have access to summoning 9 more of them, which will probably end any kind of normal enemy almost instantly. 

Though Neo counts as 1 summoned being so it's only 8 in reality. But he will provide aerial support in case the King Slime can create some kind of gel wings like his counter-part the Queen slime, so I guess it's okay. 

*Guooooooooooooooh!!*

As the King Slime howled in an ethereal voice, our group got into fighting stances and we prepared to attack right away.

It's just an oversized slime that weights dozens of tons and can destroy entire civilizations, how hard could it be?

...


I'll have winter holydays next month, so I guess I will be a bit more active then. Sorry for the wait.

I hope you enjoy the Chapter.

88