Chapter 90: Jack of all trades, master of everything
1.4k 4 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 90: Jack of all trades, master of everything


...

In the middle of an enormous throne room, a man with black hair that reached his waist, and an injured arm, was currently kneeling in front of a man sitting at the top of the room on a beautiful golden throne.

"Sir, I please ask you to reconsider! A criminal like him doesn't have what's necessary to join our order!"

"So you say he defeated you in a duel? Hohoho, he seems to be even more talented of what I thought in a beginning... What about his other abilities, did you manage to see how does he perform in other types of combat?"

"Your majesty... Sigh... Yes, his archery is top-notch and is probably equal in ability to even Master Oswald. As for his combat abilities, his swordsman abilities are incredibly high, when I fought against him I could not even comprehend how he moved, it looked like a completely random pattern, and I could not even manage to hit him even once during our duel... As for his barehanded combat abilities... He possesses an incredibly high level of strength even while not being over-muscular like most men, which also gives him good mobility and speed. His martial arts are as good as mine, but with his superior state, he can easily handle me..."

"Is that everything Jeffrey?" The King massaged his beard as he started contemplating carefully the information the man had given him.

"Well, I also noticed that he was interested in magic apparently. He avoided the swordsmanship training for that after all"

"Magic? How many things does this youth want to master...? Keep an eye on him, I could like to know what is he exactly capable of. You can summon a raven or something else to observe him from the distance, right?"

"Sigh... Fine, I will do my best" 

Soon, the man left the throne room and left the King alone on his throne thinking deeply about this newcomer that had seemingly appeared out of nowhere.

"Where could such a fine young man like him come from? He said that he came from far away... is there any kind of village outside this Kingdom that I don't know of?

*Bam!!*

Suddenly the doors of the room opened once again, and this time the princess appeared accompanied by the famous scientific Delbere.

As soon as they saw them, the King stood up and opened his arms wide as if welcoming the presence of Delbere. The princess on the other hand simply nodded lightly at her father before she moved towards the throne and sat next to it.

"Delbere, my friend, it has really been a few months without seeing each other! Without counting the [Clean-Up] that is..."

"Your Majesty, It's good to see that you are fine of health, we didn't have an opportunity to talk back at the [Clean-Up], but I've come here now to tell you personally about the results of my investigation"

The King opened his eyes wide and looked with expectations at the man in front of him. After all, it was because of him that the war against the Antlions wasn't completely lost. 

When the army of bugs was about to start attacking the Kingdom, this man came up with a new recipe for explosives different from the one they had occupied all these years. Desperate, the commanders decided to give them a try and launched them towards the army of bugs advancing rapidly against them. 

They were decimated, as soon as the first explosion happened, the thousands of Antlions charging towards them fell into chaos and started moving in different directions in panic. Soon, the whole place was covered in enormous explosions that devastated the Antlion army. Unfortunately, not everyone died, but a great number of Antlions were killed after the fight.

This achievement brought Delbere fame and fortune, However, he did not fall into temptations and continued investigating the wonders of gunpowder, and the world of explosions. That way, the weapons of the Nuwa Kingdom had been strengthening themselves constantly, and although they were starting to recover omes territories from the Antlions, those bugs reproduced way too fast, and it was impossible for them to eliminate them as they were now.

Delbere was in all meanings, the hero of the Kingdom. Because without him the capital could have been swarmed long ago, and probably the kingdom could have been either been eliminated or forced to retreat towards the lands near the sea.

That's why the King felt incredibly thankful towards Delbere, without him, it could be all over.

"In two more months, I will finish my greatest project" Delbere kneeled out of respect and then turned to look at the King with a serious expression on his face.

"Project?" Yuuki asked with curiosity on her face, but the King's face turned extremely serious when he heard that.

"You mean that Extremely dangerous weapon that you said could eliminate all the Antlions in one go?" The King leaned forwards in amazement, after all, this was the weapon that could finally end with the war that had been going for so many years now.

"Yes, However, you must know that this weapon will also destroy everything in the surroundings... Which will mean that this will be the last opportunity for us to retrieve those Legendary artifacts left by humanity before the Great War happened..."

"The last opportunity huh? It has been a while since I've thought about those artifacts... However, it's too risky to send someone towards that city just to retrieve them... After all, it must be already full of Antlions after these many years since we lost the city..."

"I'm just warning you, your majesty, after this bomb is used there... not even dust from those artifacts will remain..."

"I know, but there's no man that could survive there... No, there actually is one...!"

Both the princess who was listening silently at her father and Delbere who had a grim expression on his face turned to look at the King with wide-open eyes.

"Who could be strong enough to survive such a dangerous place? Even captain Jeffrey wouldn't be able to survive for long in that hellish place, without offense, even princess Yuuki, who is known as the most powerful sorceress from the Kingdom could be unable to last long, even with her powerful magic that can decimate dozens of Antlions in one second!"

"It's not something completely set on stone, I want to know more about this man before sending him there. If I judge him to be not strong enough, then he will remain here and we will consider those artifacts as lost"

"Who are you talking about, father?" Yuuki grabbed her father's shoulder and raised an eyebrow in the curiosity about the identity of this mysterious man.

"You saw him a few days ago, as well Sir Delbere, he was-"

"SIR!!!"

Suddenly, from behind Delbere, the doors were opened abruptly and a soldier entered hurriedly before he kneeled right next to Delbere with a pale face on his face.

"What happened? We were talking about serious matters here you know?" The King furrowed his eyebrows slightly after seeing that he ended up being interrupted by this man, but decided to just shrug it aside as it seemed to be an important matter.

"Someone... Someone reached the same amount of mana as Princess Yuuki!!"

"What?!"

...


New loot for MC in the desert!

What kind of artifacts will they be? Discover it in the next episode!

Now I must hurry up because I'm uploading quite late.

Good bye for now I guess...

68