Chapter 1: Attention on Deck! His Excellency! Admiral Arthur Kliest has boarded!
727 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Arthur Kliest, an admiral of the Galactic Federation's Navy, nicknamed “The Black Admiral of the Federation”, I have Orchestrated and won countless battles and invasions making me a very influential and powerful man in the Military and political branches of the federation. All at a young age of 24.

my father Benedict Arn Kliest, was also an Admiral of the Federation’s Navy, and used his power and influence so that, I, his oldest son, can be accepted at the young age 11 at the Federation’s most prestigious Military academy.

I was Nicknamed a “Genius” in Naval and land Warfare and graduated just 3 ½ years out of the original 5 years in the Military academy, a feat that was deemed impossible for many cadets and even officials in the military. In my days in the military academy my fellow cadets always mentioned behind my back that i was a cold and silent boy. Not even bothering to talk to them. This led me to be a social outcast in the academy.

After my early graduation, because of my father using his influence i was immediately promoted to Deputy Commodore in the Navy and Lieutenant Colonel in the marines. Many officials and officers had expected that i would exceed they’re high expectations for me.

And exceed their expectations, i did.

At the Plaitious system Offensive, In the 257th fleet, commanded by Commodore Howard Lunis, and me, Deputy commodore Arthur Kliest. In the middle of the battle Howard Lunis’s ship was barraged by Myrophix fleet’s heavy Destroyers and was destroyed killing him in the process.

Me being the second most highest-ranking officer took command of the fleet. The enemy fleet currently outnumbered my fleet, and with those 2 heavy destroyers still floating we were in a tight spot. So, to ensure minimal losses and have a victory even if it became a pyrrhic one. I used a Defeat In detail strategy.

My plan was for most of the Myrophix ships to concentrate on my ship alone, while making my remaining fleet look like retreating but only going to their right flank of the enemy fleet for a concentrated bombardment.

I immediately maxed our engine speed making it look like that I was doing suicide charge, taking the Myrophix’s fleet’s attention by surprise, and making them only focus on my suicidal charge. While they neglected the remainder of my fleet that were slowly making their way to their right flank.

And it went successful, my plan successfully destroyed both the Myrophix’s heavy destroyers and successfully sinking 6 ships of the Myrophix in its right flank, leading to their imminent retreat and the our entire offensive successful.

Inside my ship, my officers and subordinates started rejoicing on our triumphant victory. But, for me it wasn’t that much of a victory, we defeated them for now, but they can always return later. Without proper espionage or anything that we can use to observe them or their controlled territories, it’s practically just a small victory nothing to be proud of.

So, I only sat at my armchair, feeling relaxed as my subordinates cheered and yelled inside our ship’s bridge.

“Deputy Commodore! We did it!”

A young officer shouted at me from afar the bridge. i didn’t respond but only looked at him with an intimidating glare, obviously meaning ‘Don’t Bother Me.’ With a response like that, the officers knew that i wasn’t your ordinary officer.

In my next battles that i engaged in, i always left with a victory, immediately rising through the ranks, and being nicknamed the “The Black Admiral of the Federation” in just 4 years of service. And, because of my ruthless and cold behavior not only to my enemies but also to my fellow crew, not even being fazed when aiming my plasma pistol at a fellow officer because of misconduct.

Many officers and politicians feared me, they feared everything about me, From my cold and ruthless behavior to my almost impossible achievements.

***

Federation’s Capital, Celestia, Celestian Star system, FGC 2416.

I was at the main Headquarters of the Federation’s Navy. My reason, I was given a new mission. And that is to Annihilate an identified Star System Controlled by the Myrophix.

There I saw my requested Galactic-class Dreadnought, “Black Baron” that was currently docked. From afar I could already see its difference to other dreadnoughts of the Navy. Its guns were longer and packed more punch, it had more cannons and more armaments than usual dreadnoughts, packing more firepower. It’s hulls and body were thicker and therefore, able sustain more damage than usual dreadnoughts.

Overall, my very own flagship, was the most powerful ship in all of the Federation’s Navy arsenal.

“Admiral, all of the Cruisers and Dreadnought have been boarded. We are now only waiting for you to enter the flagship.”

One of my aides told me. But, I was still admiring my flagship, but I didn’t make it seem obvious and just hid my admiration inside my cold and stern face. And, even though I didn’t look at my aide I still listened at what he said to me.

“Finally, Alright, come with me to the bridge.”

I replied at him whilst still looking at my ship.

I walked and reached the stairs that allowed me to enter the monstrous ship. At the entrance of the ship that the stairway came from, there I was welcomed by my fellow navy officers.

“Admiral, we are all prepared for our ships undocking phase. Please enter the bridge to issue the command.”

“Alright.”

I Replied Casually.

I walked through the clean and well-polished hallways of the ships, from the window, I could see the Headquarters and fellow navy personnel on the ground, waiting for the go-ahead of the newly organized Fleet 297th.

I entered the bridge where I could already see that all of the bridge personnel were standing in attention, waiting for me.

As I got closer to the Bridge’s door, an officer noticed me and started inhaling air.

“Attention on Deck! His Excellency! Admiral Arthur Kliest has boarded!”

As he yelled, all the personnel of the ship’s bridge saluted.

I entered the massive bridge full of navy personnel that were saluting in front of me. I looked at an empty chair located in the center but near the back of the Bridge, so It was right in front of me, and was quite only few meters away.

I made my way to the empty seat, its desk was large, it was full of buttons and screens, that I can’t even inspect right now because of my subordinates.

I stood in front of the chair but behind of the desk. I then stood at attention too and announced.

“At Ease! And Prepare for Launch! Relay the message to all of the Ships in my fleet!”

I Announced at the bridge full of navy personnel.

“Aye! Admiral!”

They All Responded, and dropped their arms to their sides, and immediately run towards their assigned seats and do their assigned jobs.

I sat back and stretched my arms, whilst my officers also took their seats in the bridge preparing for our fleet’s launch.

A few Minutes passed, and all of the Navy personnel had taken their seats. By their actions, I already assumed that everything was ready for our launch.

“Get me to the Fleets communication lines, I want this to be broadcasted throughout all of the ships in my fleet.”

“Aye! Admiral!”

An officer started preparing the communication lines. After he was done, he looked back at me.

“Admiral! We have connected to the Fleet’s communication lines.”

I nodded back, and looked at my desk, I started searching for the microphone button and immediately found it on the far left side of the desk that was also near the top of the desk.

I Pressed the button, and started announcing.

“I Am Admiral, Arthur Kliest, this fleet’s commander and highest-ranking officer. I am here to announce that today is the day that we will finally strike back at those bug-like scums. The Central Intelligence command had been searching for Myrophix-held territories. That they have been searching for, ever since the start of the war, and just last week ago, we have finally found one. It is very far and an unidentified system and a few lightyears away, but this is an achievement! They had been constantly harassing and attacking our territories! But! We can’t find theirs! That will all change because today the 297th fleet of the Galactic Federation, will bring retribution for those who have fallen in this long-ass war! So with me Comrades! We shall not give them an ounce of mercy!”

I waited for a few seconds for me regain my breath. I wasn’t the type to be hyped over something like this, so it was very hard for me make my acting look real and believable. And as I finished my announcement. My navy personnel at my bridge started shouting.

“For the Federation! For the Galaxy!”

They had repeated the motto of the branches of the military. I could also hear and see the other navy personnel at other ships shouting.

I pressed the button once again.

“Now! Get Ready for Launch!”

Whilst they were shouting and chanting the motto, I suddenly yelled.

As my bridge personnel heard my sudden announcement, they immediately sat back to their chair and buckled their seatbelts.

“Launching in 3… 2… 1…”

I took a second, for a more dramatic effect, I don’t know to maybe to boost our morale.

“Launch!”

As I said that, a large force started pushing us upward. It made the ship tremble, the sound of the thrusters from the ships was heard and felt even in the deepest interior of the ship.

I sat at my chair with my seatbelt buckled, and leaned backed at my chair as the thrusters continued to push us upward.

A few minutes passed, after our initial launch and we have already reached the orbit. Our ships were now preparing for hyperspace navigation.

“Is everything Ready!?”

One of my aides shouted.

“Yes! Captain!”

The officer that he shouted on, responded back.

“I want all confirmation on all the other ships.”

I announced.

“Already Finished! Admiral! All of our fleets ship’s are prepared and confirmed to be ready for hyperspace navigation. Coordinates already locked.”

“Good, Now go already! I don’t want to just sit here and do nothing.”

“Understood! Admiral! Relaying orders of Hyperspace navigation confirmation.”

“All Ships are accounted and ready! Admiral.”

“Then Go.”

And at that moment, Admiral Arthur Kliest and the 297th fleet entered hyperspace navigation. Heading straight to the coordinates that they typed in and that is the Myrophix-controlled territories.

20