Chapter 2: Follow my order or I will throw you out of my ship, Dead, that is
610 5 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hyperspace Navigation, Unknown star system, FGC  2417, 297th fleet, Commanded by Admiral Arthur Kliest.

The large fleet of a Galactic-class dreadnought, and 5 Imperial-class dreadnought, 12 Battlecruisers and 15 cruisers. Was slowly making its way to its coordinates.

“Admiral, everything is accounted for, there haven’t been any problems yet.”

One of my junior officers reported to me.

I nodded back at him and said.

"Carry on with what you were doing before.”

I tried not to get into any unnecessary conversations with my junior officers, only a waste of time.

Everything went well on our fleet’s hyperspace navigation. All ships hadn’t reported any malfunctions or any issues.

That was until it Appeared.

***

Radar room, Light-Cruiser “Jelb”, Vanguard, 297th fleet.

A young petty officer was secretly eating while on duty, enjoying his time. All alone inside the radar room of the light cruiser. He slowly munched and savored every single bit of his potato chips, that he had packed before the fleet's launch. His excuse, that the snacks of the cafeteria were almost poisonous or near its expiration.

“Oh! Here’s the Supe…”

He was cut off by his own shock. The interior of the radar room lights started blinking red, their trajectory course was glowing red. Something was wrong, he immediately put aside his snacks and focused on the problem that he was given.

“What The…”

Not even his own words could explain what he had seen in the screen of their Trajectory course. He immediately took the microphone near him and pressed the button allowing him to communicate with the cruiser’s bridge.

“Captain! This is Petty Officer Borgmann, Radar room, you need to come here right now! Captain!”

Meanwhile in the cruiser's Bridge, his message reached the bridge of the cruiser, the captain and his fellow officers stationed at the bridge was also surprised by the petty officer’s sudden request.

The Captain of the Cruiser stood up from his armchair, and selected a few officers to accompany him. As he finished picking his escorts, he left the room with his escorts with haste.

They hastily walked to the radar room, without drawing much attention to the cruiser’s crew. As they reached the radar room, he immediately pushed it’s door.

“Petty Officer Borgmann! Situation Report!”

“Captain, Our long-range radar system, had picked up something that could destroy our entire fleet.”

He responded with fear, it could be seen from his eyes, he also started sweating not because of the high-ranking officer but with the situation that he had just confirmed.

“What? a Myrophix fleet?”

The Captain questioned the young officer, to which he shook his head, and pointed at the radar screen. he had moved what he seen in Trajectory course screen to the Radar Screen to analyze and properly equate the exact time of crash.

“Captain… We need to warn everybody…”

He said, while his body trembling, and hand shaking.

The captain walked closer to the radar screen, and his eyes started to open wide, he too, started sweating. His escorts not being able to see the radar screen begun to question. On what it was.

“Captain, what seems to be the situation?”

“Co-connect me to the Fleet’s communication lines…”

He said with an almost silent voice, avoiding his escort’s question.

“Pardon?”

The Escort was unable to hear the captain’s orders, and was somewhat confused with the situation that was unfolding.

“Didn’t you hear me?! I said to connect me to the fleet’s communication lines!”

He started to shout, losing his composure, he had to lean forward and support his body by using both hands at the desk of the radar.

The Escort, confused by the sudden order, but still followed it, Saluted at the Captain and shouted.

“Aye! Captain!”

Before leaving the room, the other escorts that were with him, also joined him back to the bridge. Leaving the petty officer and the captain alone in the radar room.

The Captain started loudly puffing air, his breathing started becoming heavier. And his sweat can be seen dripping from his forehead and onto his face.

“Petty Officer!”

“Yes! Captain!”

“How much time do we have left?”

“Around 2 and a half hours or less”

“Haaa…”

The Captain sighed as he heard that they had less than three hours to escape the inevitable.

“I’m getting to old for this Sh*t…”

He regained his composure and casually left the room like their conversation was nothing. The Captain causally walked in the hallway of his cruiser, but on his mind he can’t just leave it like that. He didn’t pay any attention on where he was currently walking straight to. He accidentally hit a maintenance crew that was currently cleaning the floors of the hallway.

“C-captain, my apologies.”

The Maintenance crew bowed a few degrees downward and looked at the captain with fear.

“No, it’s not your fault. It’s just my mind was a little bit dazed.”

He placed his left hand on his head as he suddenly felt a headache. His body started to stagger, he started losing his balance, his vision started to blur, he soon collapsed on to the cold floor of the cruiser's hallway. Shocking the maintenance crew that just stood there.

‘No! Not yet!’

He yelled at himself trying to regain back his consciousness.

“Captain! Captain!”

He woke up by the sound of his junior officers shouting at him from a distance. As they got closer, instead of ordering them to bring him to the medical bay, he said.

“Bring me to the Bridge!”

“But-“

The junior officer was cut off by the almost unconscious captain.

“To the Bridge! No more questions!”

“...Aye!”

They proceeded to support him up to the bridge, where the other officers were shocked to see the current state of the Captain.

“Captain we’re connected! All the ships of the Fleet can hear us!”

An officer yelled at the captain. The currently weak captain shook his head on his chair, signaling that the officers that supported him to place him on his chair. They followed and placed the weak captain to his armchair and desk.

He took the microphone and pressed the speaker button.

“This is… Captain Asalt, of the Light-Cruiser “Jelb”, I am…”

His words faltered making speeches and long announcements harder that what they usually do.

“Announcing to all the Ships of the fleet 297, That we are all heading straight to our deaths! Our Long-distance radar had picked up a strange anomaly, that is what to be presumed to be a black hole of the sort. We are heading straight into it! Our ship’s trajectories all follow the same coordinate therefor, in 2 ½ hours all of us will enter that Hole! We need… to evac…uate immediately….”

 

He lost consciousness but his announcement reached all the ships in the fleet.

***

Galactic-Class Dreadnought, “Black Baron”, Vanguard, Fleet 297.

“Admiral?!”

An officer questioned me with fear.

I didn’t respond but kept silent.

If we were to suddenly halt our hyperspace navigation, it would not only damage all the ships but have the numbers of injured or deaths to the thousands, Fuck! I even placed 3 of my most powerful dreadnoughts in my fleet on the vanguard.

I kept silent, I was unable to do anything, If I were to save my 3 dreadnoughts it would make a sudden halt making the other ships crash into us, being large ships and all that was kind of expected. Hyperspace navigation also has two types, speed of light and speed of sound, what we are currently using is the speed of light. If I were to order to halt every ship one by one, we would instantly be separated and, maybe get ambushed by the Myrophix.

But if I were to sacrifice my 3 dreadnoughts maybe I could save more lives?!

“Bridge! Activate AI!”

“Unable to activate.”

“What!”

I was shocked, that i forgot that my newest ship was just recently commissioned and launched, and I was unable to activate my Ai Before Hyperspace navigation. Hyperspace Navigation uses about 70% of the ship’s power.

“How long until AI Activation!”

“Based on current power consumption, 2 hours, before complete Ai Activation”

No one can commandeer the ship!

“Admiral?”

I leaned forwards my desk and place both my elbows on my desk. My hand grasped each other, and I let my head fall on my hands. I inhaled few amounts of air.

Was my hand always this cold?

“Admiral! What do we do!?”

“Get out of my Ship…”

I mumbled.

“Pardon?”

“Get out my Ship!”

This time I yelled at him.

“Admiral?!”

They were confused, but I wasn’t, my decision was final.

“Get out of my Ship!”

Without any one to commandeer the ship, there is a chance that a missed trajectory could happen and if it’s fuels and power consumption overloads it would explode mid-hyperspace, which was something that many people wanted to avoid.

“Admiral we can’t leave you!”

They keep yelling and soon started protesting.

I’m fed up with this kind of bullshit!

I reclined back at my armchair, and gave them a stone-cold and intimidating glare.

“If you don’t follow my orders, I would charge you with insubordination and treason, the perfect reason to shoot all of you.”

As I said that sentence, their faces was full of fear. Being “The Black Admiral of the Federation” I would do it, without an ounce of mercy.

They went silent, they became statues inside my bridge, some even started sweating in the air-conditioned Bridge.

This is how much they fear me?

“What are you waiting for? The door is right there, and there is a lot of transport crafts in the hangars.”

Some officers stayed, stating that they will still protest about me not leaving, and some started leaving due to the fear of getting shot by their own commander.

As I started to stretch myself again, a young officer, having ball of steel, walked closer to me.

“But! Admiral! you need to evacuate too!”

The young Officer Yelled at me.

“You, I want you to shut up and get out of my ship. Not a request but an order, if you disobey my order, I will charge you with treason and insubordination like I said earlier, and have full permission to kill you.”

I Coldly replied to the young captain. But it was still obvious in the young captain’s face that he was worried sick about me, his being his commanding officer and all.

“Bu- “

I cut him off. As I took my Plasma pistol from my pouch and aimed it the young captain.

“Follow my order. Or I will throw you out of my ship, Dead, that is.”

The young captain’s face was full of fear. He knew that the I, the Admiral will do it, without any second thoughts. So, he didn’t object any further. He took one step hack and stood in attention.

“I, Lieutenant Captain, Fred Gerio, Will follow the Admiral’s command. Admiral! It has been an honor to serve by your side!”

He yelled as he saluted. The other officers that had stayed behind and watched this unfold soon followed the young captain and also saluted at me.

I admired their courage and saluted back.

“Now, Get out of my ship.”

I calmly said to them.

“Aye! Admiral!”

“Aye! Admiral!”

“Aye! Admiral!”

All my subordinates responded back at me and saluted before all of them ran towards the hangars.

As the last officer left, I placed my plasma pistol back to my pouch and reclined back at my armchair in the center of my ship’s bridge, stretching my arms that I wasn’t able to do earlier, and looked at the blank ceiling of the ship’s bridge.

I decided to announce one final order.

“This is Admiral Arthur Kliest, of Fleet 297 of the Federation’s Navy, the other two dreadnoughts at the vanguard please let them tractor beam my ship, Aka, the Flagship. This is my last order for the other two dreadnoughts, please tractor beam my ship so that the three ships can be connected in a way that we won't get us separated.”

And then I sat back, with the thought, that if I was left with 3 of the Galaxy’s most powerful dreadnoughts, I might have a fighting chance. With their large armaments and firepower I could do naval engagements with the strength of a fleet. And most importantly if I want to do a planet-wide invasion I could use one of my most favorite weaponry.

The Droid Arsenals.

“Haaa… not like I can use any of them, but maybe there will be an opportunity...”

I continued to recline my body backwards at my chair, to finally relax.

“Bridge! Exact time for crash?”

“1 hour and 48 minutes, Admiral”

“Still a lot of time, might as well take a nap.”

25