Chapter 6: Attention! First Lieutenant Maule!
498 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10 Days had passed since my initial landing in this planet, I still hadn’t found any other lifeforms, and with the use of my galactic weaponry, I lived on the planet’s surface. Currently I’m still stuck on this damned forest, I hadn’t been able to navigate my way through here.

And every now and then, I casually contact Lisa and the other Ai’s about their condition and their ship's conditions.

Looking at my current food supplies I don’t think I can last for a few more days. Maybe because, I refuse to eat the rations and had been preserving my energy bars ever since my first meal.

I munched on my energy bar which was ¼ finished, I had been eating this for 2 consecutive days. I slowly munched and savored every bit of it, I was a trained as a marine, so even if I only ate a few calories of this energy bar, I’d be good.

I was minding my own business and eating my energy bar, until I heard the footsteps coming from a distance from me, in the forest. I immediately hid behind a large tree behind me, and instantly swallowing my energy bar. Or what’s left of it.

In the distance, I saw a group of small green monsters, they emerge, or was patrolling inside the forest.

The hell are those things?!

I hadn’t seen those kinds of monsters before, even in the federation’s colonies, those green colored dwarfs or something. Were they a distant Myrophix species? Currently our intelligence still haven’t found anything leads or even anything related to the Myrophix, so it was fine to identify the unknown lifeforms or creatures as a Myrophix.

If they are a distant species of the Myrophixes This planet must be filled with them, but they seem to not have the characteristics of them. They seem too short, their head’s were more smaller and full of lumps, its nose were longer, and they were even their entire body was greener than that of the average Myrophix's body.

If I remember correctly, Myrophixes also had tails but where are theirs? Are they a weaker class of Myrophixes, I don’t know if they are guards that they'd assign at their controlled-territories?

Though, Myrophix or not they posed a threat to me. If I look closer, some of them were armed with wooden clubs and some wore ragged clothing, while there were some that wore a helmet.

I took my plasma pistol from my pouch and was about to aim. Until a figure of a shadow suddenly jumped out of the dense trees and bushed near them.

No! It Can’t be!

The shadow had surprised the small group of Myrophixes. But surprise attacks only has a small time advantage, when the enemy regains their discipline and management, your surprise attack will became ineffective.

And that was currently happening, In its initial attack It had seem to see him kill 2 Myrophixes and severely injuring 3 in the process. But with their group of 6 remaining Myrophixes it will eventually fail.

That was until I noticed something about the shadow.

No! It can’t be!

The figure that had attacked the patrol of Myrophixes was the same wolf that I had fought 10 days ago.

How’d he even reach here, moreover, how did we even cross paths in the first place, was he following me?

Though, I hadn’t believed in the saying ‘Today, we’re enemies, tomorrow, we’re allies’ as they were still technically your enemies and they can have a chance to betray you, but for an animal to do it, is something else.

At first, I hesitated in assisting him, seeing it get beaten up to a pulp again. But seeing him get cornered by the remaining Myrophixes, that was when I had suddenly assisted him.

I aimed my plasma pistol at the 5 Myrophixes that were currently beating him in the corner, those that were only in my range. And shot them immediately.

All of the laser’s went through them, and by the time I knew It, only 1 had remained. 7 were dead and 3 were severely injured, they'd die anyway, they were also unable to stand and fight again.

I looked at the Wolf that had curled up as a ball in the corner, and shook my head at him, signaling that he should finished the last Myrophix. To which he did, biting him in its torso and violently shaking him until the Myrophix’s body was torn in half. it's blood splat everywhere.

I returned my plasma pistol to my pouch and placed both my arms in the air, which was technically me saying ‘I won’t fight you’.

I walked closer to him, to which I also noticed that he was bleeding and also severely injured again and was currently resting on the corner. He had barely recovered just from our fight 10 days ago, and he was already engaging in fights and skirmishes. I started to like him.

“Oi, you seem to be injured, don’t worry I won’t hurt you. Instead I want to thank you for helping me kill those Myrophix scums.”

He had tilted his head, hinting that he didn’t knew a single thing that I was talking about, but it didn’t matter.

What mattered was that he helped me in wiping out the Myrophix patrol. If I even wanted, I could make him join my ranks. Remembering, that wolves were technically a relative of dogs, I decided to tame him and let him join my ranks. To be honest, I don’t even have any other personnel or subordinates other than my Ai’s.

“Hey, do you want to enlist in the Federation’s Navy. Seeing your skills and with my Rank as an Admiral in the Navy, I might be able to give you a good position.”

He responded back, with a head rotation, meaning that he, again, doesn’t understand a word I’m saying.

“I mean, technically, you would have to be a private once you join, but since I’m running low on junior officers, and with my spare time, I might teach you the basics. In return you pledge allegiance to me and the Federation.”

When I suddenly became aware of what I was doing, I felt a little embarrassed. I mean, a man with the rank of Admiral in the Navy, and Major General in the marines, also the top graduate of the academy. Was recruiting a dog, or I mean a wolf to join him.

I looked back at him, to which he let out his tongue and gave a bark. By his response, it seemed he wanted to join.

“You made the right choice.”

I said to him, Now, without any formal paperwork to sign or something to have any evidence of his conscription, I had to think of a way to get him legally enlisted, but, for now, that isn’t my current problem.

“Now that you’re technically an enlisted personnel in the Federation’s Navy, I might as well promote you to an officer rank, so that you can be one of my aides.”

I tried remembering the oral recitation of the formal officer promotion, but since no one was around and he was also a dog, I mean I’d just go summarize it.

I looked back at him, and something important came to my mind, he didn’t have a name. And to be honest I sucked at naming things, let alone a pet.

“I need a name first, any suggestions?”

I stupidly asked him, knowing he was wolf. But when I thought about it, the only thing that i remembered about him was his attack, that almost defeated me, when we fought 10 days ago.

“Due to lack of suggestions, I might as well call, you Maul or Maule, something like that. Is that good enough, private?”

He responded at my question with a bark.

I’ll take that as a yes.

Now that we had his name covered it was time for the promotion ceremony, since he was injured, I’d have to shorten it. And I also needed somebody to witness it. I took my transmitter from my pouch and pressed the button.

“Lisa, can you turn on hologram mode in the transmitter, I would like you as a witness.”

“Why, Admiral? Did you already commit some atrocities on that planet?”

I could tell she was mocking me. But nonetheless, I continued.

“No, I’m about to promote somebody to a junior officer rank, and I need a witness.”

She hesitated for a few seconds before turning on the transmitter hologram mechanism. There I saw her slender body, pale white skin, and beautiful face again. And also wearing the Standard issue Navy uniform, this time with the blue beret, normally issued to the captain of the ship. She was currently tiny, as her hologram was currently being transmitted through a small transmitter.

“So, as you can see the candidate is right there, he had currently helped me in eliminating a small group of Myrophix, and being a high-ranking officer, I have permission to enlist and promote him in my ranks.”

“Alright, Admiral, I will be your witness.”

I could tell her reaction to be gloomy, but she still accepted my request.

I placed the transmitter at the ground, and walked closer to the severely injured wolf. And started the promotion ceremony, technically promoting him immediately to an officer rank was violation of the military code. But since, I am stranded here in this planet and had declared an SS-class emergency, I have the permission to do it.

“As the commanding officer, and highest and senior most ranking officer of the 297th fleet of the Federation’s Navy. I hereby use my authority as the Admiral of the fleet, to hereby promote Private Maule to the Officer’s rank of First Lieutenant, this is to be effective Immediately.”

I saluted, and shook his paw, to which he responded with a howl.

“Alright ceremony finished, Maule, you now officially a junior officer the Navy, I also assign you as one of my aide-de-camp.”

I walked away from him, and back to my transmitter to pick it up.

“The Ceremony is finished, Lisa, thank you for attending and being a witness.”

“I don’t mind, Admiral, I am still currently busy with the ship’s repair so I might have to contact you in a different time.”

“I understand.”

Lisa’s hologram disappeared, as both of us hanged up from the transmitter.

I sat back at the ground and finally releasing my military bag from behind me. I thought that he had fought them because he was hungry, so I decided to give him one of my rations.

I took one from my bag and opened the plastic bag, to which I placed it near him. To my surprise, he had started eating it. so I let him be and let him enjoy the rations.

Currently both of us are tired so we decided to take a rest. The severely injured Myrohpixes will die anyway from blood lost, so we just decided to leave them be, and take a break.

I was still finding a way to get out of this damned forest, but since that I have Maule on my side now, he might be able to navigate us outside the forest. Tomorrow we would leave immediately.

12