Chapter 8: Red-Eyed Ogre
409 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The giant Myrohpix in front of me, its height was somewhere from 18 to 20 feet high. It had a large wooden club that he was holding with a tight grip and was ready to give the first blow.

Against such a monster. it's quite unfair.

Isn’t this a little unfair… for him.

But then again, he is just some large walking target armed with a cylindrical wooden club, and I wanted to play with my prey a little before I find another.

I hunched my back, placing my arms near my dagger pouches on my waist, my 2 iron swords were placed in my left waist and another at my back. I had 6 daggers at my pouches, I don’t if that would be enough to take him down. But I still had my game changer.

We waited for a minute in a standoff like arrangement, we looked each other in the eyes, our red eyes were seen through the darkness of the cave.

 “Attention, Admiral, there has been a spike in his body’s heat temperature and is currently building up within his body.”

“What do you me- “

Looking back at him, I saw that his green stomach and chest was glowing hot red from the inside.

Is he a doing a suicide attack or an spontaneous combustion attack?

“No, admiral, I have been able to only detect it’s buildup, but it seems it’s starting to go towards his throat.”

I was confused by when she said throat.

“Throat?”

And when I looked back at the giant Myrophix, he started inhaling a large amount of air. What kind of Myrophix does this kind of attack, it was a little strange.

I knew that they’re intelligence were the same as of us humans, but doing a suicide charge.

And I soon noticed that he wasn’t doing a suicide charge, but inhaling air to support his interior heat temperature.

Should I step back?

Before I knew it, he blew a large gust of fire towards me. Taking me by surprise.

“Attention! Admiral! I have detected a fire reaching at least 52-degree Celsius, severe burns or Death if not evaded.”

I immediately jumped out of the flames trajectory that was heading straight towards me. And onto the cave’s wall. I felt my left foot being burnt on my quick jump to the cave’s walls.

If my body part gets severely injured, slashed, or even losing a body part. One of the nanomachine’s mechanism was immediate healing and regeneration process. And my nanomachine being exclusive to only high-ranking officers were more advanced, and improved. will have a much more faster rate of healing and regeneration process.

Without having a rest from his early attack, the giant Myrophix started extending his arm that was holding the club onto the air, aiming directly at me, and immediately started his club’s descent towards my body that was leaning on the cave's wall.

I pushed myself from the wall and onto the cave’s hard ground, again, narrowly avoiding death. The Club that was swung down at me, dealt significant damage on the wall. My left foot, was unable to be used because of the severe burns.

He immediately looked down at me, who was currently on lying on the ground. With a look of anger and seriousness. I believed it was the first time somebody was able to survive this long against him.

He lifted his right foot and tried to stomp at my body. I rolled on the ground, escaping his stomp that sunk in the cave’s floor. Giving an opportunity to attack.

“Admiral, your right leg has almost finished it healing process.”

Finally, time for the counter-attack.

My first target would be his eyes to control his view, then try to take out the arms, but the giant problem would be his fire breathing skill.

I took out 3 of my daggers, seeing the Giant Myrohpix’s leg still stuck on the cave’s ground, I took the opportunity, throwing one dagger at his right cheek to rotate his view. Which successfully landed.

Then in the small-time window, his left eye was clear for the taking, I immediately threw my dagger at it, and successfully landing on its left eye.

He let out a roar of pain, he covered both his eyes, releasing his club that became stuck onto the cave’s wall because of its strength during his blow earlier.

Now the problem was the right eye, I knew that he would cover both his eyes because of my attack, the problem was how can I attack his right eye.

I started slowly crawling away from him and started to take a distance that was limited to a gun range. I took a distance to the other side of the cave’s wall, I was at a parallel range straight at him.

I can’t continue.

I knew that I was going be defeated if our fight drags on, I couldn’t play with such a prey. I started placing my arm to my pistol’s pouch, but it wasn’t there.

Huh? Where is my plasma pistol?

Then I remembered I placed it inside my military bag that was currently on Maule.

Shit.

I decided to not retreat but instead use what remaining weapons I had, close-quarters was off the list. And I can't let this beast be released outside. Given his skills and intelligence, it would a be problematic.

Two swords, and 4 remaining daggers including the one I am holding.

I planned a decisive move, but had only a chance of 50% if properly executed, but it was a shot. I can’t let my nickname the “Black Admiral of The Federation” go into shame.

I waited for him to adapt with the pain, for me to be able to execute it.

“Attention! Admiral! his body’s heat temperature is building up within his body, again, it seems he is repeating his attack earlier.”

“Alright.”

Hearing what my nanomachine said, improved my chances of success to 70%. I waited for him to release his fire attack again.

He slowly dropped both of his arms that covered his damaged face, and at his face, I saw the damage I did, the dagger pierced through his right eye and is currently bleeding, it’s blood flowing and running down his face.

His eyes now only showed anger towards me. He then dropped both his arms to his waist and prepared for his second gust of fire attack.

I waited, hunching my back whilst holding two daggers at both my arms. And then, He started inhaling air the same process of what he did on his earlier attack.

And after inhaling air. He immediately blew his powerful gust of fire towards me. And then I initiated my plan of attack.

As the gust of fire was blown towards me, as it went towards me, I threw the dagger straight into the fire, aiming for his head, I didn’t care whether which part of its face it will land on or will it even land, as long at it will give me a timeframe to attack.

The dagger’s blade was made of iron, it’s melting temperature was at 1370°c above or something. So, it could proper go through the gust of fire still in its current form.

As I threw it I dodge the gust of fire that was coming right at me. And ran towards the Giant Myrophix, noticing I ran from the left of the gust of fire’s path, he had already prepared another gust of fire attack, as I could see his stomach colored red again.

“Damn you.”

I blatantly said to him in my cold and angered voice, but right in the nick of time, I saw my dagger fly towards him, he didn’t notice that it was already on its way to his head.

The shot went to his head, and directly hitting and piercing behind his right eye that was currently undefended, immediately taking the Myrophix’s attention.

He looked at where it landed, but instantly regretted his move, it immediately looked back at me. And currently I jumped upwards to his head, but I wasn’t able to reach it. So, I immediately change my course and planned to slash his neck or throat.

He Inhaled only a small amount of air to try and pace his attack at me. But the winner was already decided, he may be able to burn my face, but like I said.

“Too late.”

I said before reaching his throat that was only a few meters away.

But he surprised me, when I almost reached his neck, he released a small and short gust of fire taking me by surprise.

He was able burn my face, but thanks to me always controlling my composure and my nanomachine's abilities, I controlled the pain and Kept my attack going, until I slashed his neck.

After my attack I fell straight to the ground. And as I hit the cold hard ground of the cave, I looked back at him, only to see him yelling and groaning in pain, his throat that was filled with fire, busted open releasing the fire stored in him.

I saw its death, I saw the flames from inside his body come outside through his slashed neck.

“Good enough…”

I said to my suffering opponent, before falling unconscious.

14