Chapter 11: Scouting (Part 2-Preparation)
372 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Morning had come, and the sun was seen above the clouds.

Me, Maule, And the woman were all finally awake. But as Maule and me were having breakfast, the Woman that we had picked up had stayed in a corner of our camp, keeping a distance from us.

What is she scared about? We literally just saved her.

I was getting annoyed by how the woman was acting, well what kind of reaction will you have when a man that is fully-armed and a Large Wolf was near you, well technically kidnapped you, but we still saved you, either way.

“Oi, aren’t you going to eat?”

I decided to ask her to which she responded with nothing but a frightened, but vigilant glare.

“Admiral, you should try to give her some food instead of talking to her in a language she doesn’t understand.”

BTW, The AI can't be heard by anyone except it's user, Basically it's like an inner voice to it's user.

My Ai Suggested.

“Well, what choice do we even have, she isn’t walking here to eat.”

I was forced to stand up to give her a bowl of soup and spoon, that we are currently eating for breakfast. By her reaction she still didn’t trust us, neither do I.

“Eat.”

I decided to do a sign gesture of placing my hand to my mouth. She still didn’t respond, but still I left her the bowl of soup and spoon that I placed on the ground, and walked away.

As I finally walked a distance from her, she looked at the soup, vigilantly, thinking it was poisoned or something,

She analyzed the bowl of soup before eating it. By her reaction my soup seems to taste in the in the middle of ‘meh’ to ‘maybe’.

Well, I did have almost to no ingredients except for some herbs and berries, at least I made something. When I looked at my left, however, Maule seems to enjoy my cooking he is currently on his 3rd bowl.

Well at least I have somebody appreciating my food.

But what I need now are those goddamn scout drones, once I navigate my way outside this forest I don’t have any or even a single clue what this world has in store for me.

Come to think what are they doing, are they starting to activate the droids?

***

Dreadnought Python, Ship’s Droid Arsenal, Off the Orbit of the Planet.

Inside the massive Droid Arsenal of the ship, where hundreds, no thousands of Droids were being stored, awaiting their deployment and activation.

The Ship’s Ai, Nia, had started her inspection of the droid racks and storages where all of the droids were stored. They were stored and kept in large and tall warehouse storage racks with a built-in transparent door, so that they wouldn’t fall and to keep them inside the storage rack.

Why do ships have Droids?

The Navy’s job was to escort the transport ships of the marines and to protect the Federation area of responsibility. That’s why they needed a large enough defense force on their ships, in case of boarding attacks.

The navy's droid arsenal was also both an invasion force and self-defense force. And their droid arsenal depends on their ship, Cruisers usually has about 35,000 to 50,000 and Normal Battleships had 50,000 to 75,000. Their numbers may vary.

Droid Arsenals are usually split into, Battle droids, Engineer or repair droids, Medical droids, Heavy droids. All of them has one unique mechanism, that is when they are not yet charged or deployed, they transform themselves into a metal box, along with their weaponry, that’s why they were able to be stored in a compact and cramped storage space.

The battle droids frame looks thin and looks easily breakable, but they’re made with one of the most hardest metals in the Federation’s had ever used. Repair droids body’s were changed with massive wide cylindrical frame that is also their body and face, they also had retractable arms to place or hide inside their cylindrical body, inside it is their tools that can be used for repairs.

Medical droids had the same frame and mechanisms as the Repair droids, but instead of tools, they have medical supplies and medical tools. Heavy Droids has a wide chest that is used as their main armor and body, their heads were shrunk than the normal battle droids and were also very heavily armored, and inside their arms are built-guns.

Nia, walked the wide pathway of her ship’s Droid storage arsenal. She looked up and down, inspecting and analyzing any droids that can be used as the ship's ‘Emergency Crew’.

After some walking inside the Arsenal, she finally found a good batch of Droids. She walked to the warehouse storage rack that they were currently being stored.

On the frame or legs of the rack, there was a small screen that was placed. It was mostly for the Identification procedure and storage rack’s controls.

Nia looked at the small screen and placed her hand on it, It scanned her hand for a few minutes. Before it’s settings and tabs appeared.

There it wrote:

> Droids

> Settings

> Storage Controls

Keeping a straight face, Nia Pick the droids tab, and the screen changed, yet again. This time it wrote.

How Many will you deploy?

Number of Stored Droids: 2,500 battle droids

>Group

>Entire Storage

>Specified amount

Nia, pick the third tab, and typed in 1,000, then pressing confirm.

Nia took a step back from the storage rack and there it started its activation and deployment procedure.

Inside the large storage rack, there were medium-sized claws that had holes in them, it was the droid’s chargers, and there were many coming out from a place within the rack, they started charging the droids.

Slowly their metal-box like form started changing, they were finally transforming to their original form. An hour had already passed inside and only 60 droids were left uncharged. Nia, being an AI was able to wait the long process.

Finally, as all of the droids were charged, the storage rack’s screen doors opened and a small bridge started forming from the rack, they were on the second floor of the rack.

As it finished the droids walked in unison from inside the rack to the rack’s bridge and onto the Arsenal room. They walked in perfect sync, they held their guns in their chest, and marching in a synchronized pace.

The sounds of their stomps echoed through the entire droid arsenal room, Their total number were 1,000 active and charge Battle droids that were ready for deployment and combat.

As the last line of droids had left the storage rack, the rack’s bridge had started retracting.

There inside the massive Droid Arsenal room, was 1,000 active droids awaiting commands.

Nia’s next job was to program them with basic naval knowledge, so her next stop was the Programming room. She would be able to program them as she was an AI, but it would take a large amount of time being the only one to program them.

In the same time, the same thing was also happening with the other Dreadnoughts. Lisa and Virgo had also done the same, charging and activating the droids as their ship's ‘temporary’ crew.

If they had done everything at the same time, they would all be able to finish within the next day, amounting to a total of two days.

14